azcentral for iPad
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get the latest local news and information from your local insiders with the azcentral iPad app. This app is free to download for a limited time.
- Stay current with up-to-the-minute local news from The Arizona Republic and 12 News
- Be prepared with the latest weather conditions, forecasts, radar, allergy and pollen data
- Enjoy captivating media with full screen video and photo galleries
- Two headline views: scan headlines with "list" view or enjoy the image rich "grid" view
- Save your stories: Use our article saving function and read it later, anytime, anywhere
- Don't miss a thing with breaking news alerts and live video streaming
- Follow national sports and scores, things to do, business and more
Subscribers have unlimited use of the app all the time. Your subscription includes access to this app, azcentral iPhone app, azcentral desktop, mobile website, e-Newspaper, AZ tablet magazine, azcentral sports app, Explore AZ web app, and, if you choose, home delivery of the print edition of The Arizona Republic.
To subscribe from within the app, just tap the "Subscribe" button and purchase using your iTunes account. If you are already an Arizona Republic and azcentral.com subscriber, you can log in with your existing account to get full access.
More about subscriptions:
- Subscription is 1 month for $9.99 plus applicable taxes
- Subscription automatically continues at the then regular published monthly price unless auto renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
- Not valid with any other offers.
- Excludes advertisements that are designated for home delivery with the print edition.
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase
- You can turn-off auto-renewal at any time from your iTunes account settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during the active subscription period
- Please contact us if you have any problems accessing your subscription at 1-(800) 332-6733
What's New in Version 3.5.3
• Our redesigned article page has a clean new look & feel, with inline view of relevant content from Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and more.
• You can choose what type of alerts you want to receive: breaking news, sports, traffic… You can also set quiet time hours so you won’t be disturbed.
• Latest Photos and Videos are now published into a dedicated section for easy browsing.
• We’ve made performance enhancements that will help speed up app start times and allow sections to load faster.
A great supplement
This app is a great supplement to the print edition to which I have been subscribing for almost 50+ years.
It is especially helpful to provide Arizona information on a whole range of subjects when I am traveling either out of state or overseas. While I do not read information about all subjects, it is very nice to know that I have a reliable source of information and pictures about so many subjects if I want it. Keep up the good work and keep improvng this timely product.
This used to be a fun site to use, and definitely my favorite during the winter months. NOW, because you have so limited what cannot be seen except for subscription, it has become almost worthless.
Quality is no better than other online news services. Many of the same headlines can be read in other online media for free. Travel information at least as good is free on USA Today or AZ tourism. If you should come. To your senses and free up content, I will reconsider my rating.
OK I coughed up the subscription but periodically the app won't let me open articles and says I need to subscribe. It seems to resolve itself after a while, but still I pay 10 bucks a month and can't read articles all the time? Fix it. If you are going to charge a ridiculous price you need to get rid of this bug.