Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get breaking news you can trust, plus weather, sports and the most up-to-date coverage of Arizona news, the Phoenix area and the country from azcentral and The Arizona Republic – the area’s #1 news source.
• Be in the center of where Arizona news happens with 360-degree video and virtual-reality content.
• Add news from home to your feed with coverage from one of the more than 100 local properties in the USA TODAY NETWORK.
• Get recommended and most-popular stories from azcentral for more personalized content.
• Save your stories to read later.
• Sign up for daily news, sports, Things to Do, Business and weather stories delivered directly to your inbox.
azcentral has added new features, delivering the news you love in ways you may not have expected. From critically acclaimed storytelling, photography, videos, full 360-degree experiences and VR, we’re now able to not only tell the news but also allow you to be completely immersed in it. And with our local-to-national coverage, you can now add news stories happening in other local communities. The new app design has also been streamlined to give you a deeper, richer, more visually stimulating storytelling experience.
• News alerts so you know when we know
• Live weather, hourly to 10-day forecasts
• All the latest scores for all your favorite teams
• Share stories via Facebook, Twitter, email or text message
• The best Sports, Investigative and Things to Do coverage from local experts
• Commentary and opinion columns by your favorite Insiders
• Simple, unified drop-down navigation
• Watch related video, flip through top daily photos and enlarge images
• Enable location services to customize local weather news and other location-based services. (Continued use of GPS running in background can decrease battery life.)
TELL US WHAT YOU THINK:
Our app features are constantly being improved based on your feedback, so we welcome you to tell us what you love and what you’d like to see more (or less) of.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @usatodaymobile.
What's New in Version 4.1.1
You asked and we listened!
• Added back the status bar (time and battery) so you can keep track of time while enjoying our app
• Improved design so you can scan our headlines with ease
• Elect to add up to five of our local properties to get your community news added to your feed
• Enabled sharing for Virtual Reality content
• Screen scaling for your iPhone SE and iPad Pro
• Bug fixes and stability improvements
We value your comments and emails and are using that feedback to continually improve our app. To send us feedback go to the "Send Feedback" link in the app's Settings OR email us at email@example.com.
The update was ridiculous and I had to cancel out the app and reload because I had updated and it just kept telling me to update again. There are big problems at the Republic as you gloat about all the awards you get but the content of the paper is unreadable for all the mistakes. Every day it is a challenge to see if I can make sense out of any of the sections. The classic one that comes to mind is a picture with a man's name on a ladies picture and the ladies name on the man's picture and the next picture the names where correct. Some time back I called to complain and was told to fax my complaint to the editor. Got a phone call from a very anxious man and I said you are not the editor so give the fax to the editor. Response,"Oh I can't do that". Your whole outfit needs an over haul. I wish there was another news source in the valley and I would be gone.
In the article about the Arizona sports awards there were over 20 photos of headless people. I don't understand your quality control or lack of.
I love this app!
Keep up the good work. Keep making improvements. I wish more of you stories showed up at the top of Google search's. It's become the way many people get information and usually the top of any search are people trying to sell something not independent reporting trying to inform.
Who came up with these changes - they are terrible! AZCentral says they are intuitive and an improvement over the old site. They are nothing of the sort. Both the USA Today and the AZCentral websites have been changed to a similar format and they are both getting terrible reviews. They "corrected" a site that had nothing wrong with it and if they would just listen to their readers they would return to the old format. No wonder Gannet is struggling.
- Category: News
- Updated: Jun 20, 2016
- Version: 4.1.1
- Size: 39.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Gannett
- © 2016 Gannett Co., Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- azcentral Digital Subscription$9.99