Barnes & Noble – shop books, games, collectibles
By Barnes & Noble
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Put the World’s Largest Bookstore on your iPhone!
The official Barnes & Noble iPhone app is the ideal store companion for book lovers who want quick and easy access to the world of books. Use your iPhone to search, browse, and shop for millions of items. Our store locator will help you find the Barnes & Noble store nearest you, see upcoming events, and get directions. Plus, explore amazing, exclusive Barnes & Noble content from your iPhone including Product Details, Product Images, Customer Reviews, Editorial Reviews, Best Sellers, NOOK devices and much more.
(Please note that in order to provide the best pricing for our customers, we are currently unable to provide an in-app shopping experience for Digital Content, including NOOK Books.)
• Massive selection of millions of Books, Textbooks, Kids' books, Magazines, CDs, DVDs, Blu-ray, Toys & Games, Home & Gift items, Gift Cards and much more
• Search using your iPhone camera by scanning the product barcode or by typing your search criteria
• Find your closest Barnes & Noble, get maps and directions, and view upcoming events
• Wondering what to read next? Browse through different categories and best seller lists curated especially for you by our experienced Booksellers!
• Fully secure. All purchases go through the secure Barnes & Noble systems
• Access your purchase history and manage your Barnes & Noble account all through the app
• Reserve items to be Picked up in Store right through the app
• Get notified of promotions and store events
What's New in Version 3.1
• New Look and Feel
• Push Notification Enhancements
• Bug Fixes
Barnes & Noble does not want any online business. That is the most positive conclusion I can come to, considering the abysmal quality of their app and website. Expect things to time out, 404 you, crash, and about every level of frustration imagineable. After no less than 12 tries to get into my account to change my address, and continuoually reaching error messages, I changed my address and placed an order, only to have that order shipped to the address I had deleted. Two weeks later, and I still haven't received my full refund. Email Help requests go unanswered, and chat is okay, but only if the site is actually working, which is about 25% of the time.
When B&N goes out of business, one of the primary factors will be their incompetent and horrid attention to having a remotely useful online presence.
This update is terrible and better described as a downgrade. It has slowed down and almost runs like visiting the mobile website. I purchase books online frequently and mainly downloaded the app to save my login information so
That I don't have to deal with logging in every time. However this app requires that you log in every time despite shaving the "remember me" option.
The search bar disappears from the top of certain pages and only after hitting the back button several times can you get back to another search. Not to mention each page takes twice as long to load as just going on an internet browser on your device. All in all, more annoying to use that safari.
Very poor job
How many sales had Barnes and Noble lost because it's app functions so poorly? Millions I think, extrapolating from my own experience. And how does such a big company fail to resolve these problems? Incredible incompetence at the top, though they are probably paid millions. The app freezes half the time, and it has inconsistent login scenarios requiring multiple logins if you pick the wrong access point for what you want. It's sad for those of us who don't want to give up everything to Amszon.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Books
- Updated: Mar 13, 2017
- Version: 3.1
- Size: 17.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Barnes&Noble
- © 1997-2017 Barnesandnoble.com llc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.