Barnes & Noble
By Barnes & Noble
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Put the World’s Largest Bookstore on your iPhone!
The official Barnes & Noble iPhone app is the ideal store companion for book lovers who want quick and easy access to the world of books. Use your iPhone to search, browse, and shop for millions of items. Our store locator will help you find the Barnes & Noble store nearest you, see upcoming events, and get directions. Plus, explore amazing, exclusive Barnes & Noble content from your iPhone including Product Details, Product Images, Customer Reviews, Editorial Reviews, Best Sellers, NOOK devices and much more.
(Please note that in order to provide the best pricing for our customers, we are currently unable to provide an in-app shopping experience for Digital Content, including NOOK Books.)
• Massive selection of millions of Books, Textbooks, Kids' books, Magazines, CDs, DVDs, Blu-ray, Toys & Games, Home & Gift items, Gift Cards and much more
• Search using your iPhone camera by scanning the product barcode or by typing your search criteria
• Find your closest Barnes & Noble, get maps and directions, and view upcoming events
• Wondering what to read next? Browse through different categories and best seller lists curated especially for you by our experienced Booksellers!
• Fully secure. All purchases go through the secure Barnes & Noble systems
• Access your purchase history and manage your Barnes & Noble account all through the app
• Reserve items to be Picked up in Store right through the app
What's New in Version 2.2.0
• Improved user experience for Get Directions, Book Cover Scanning, and Notification Permissions
• Addition of Search and Scan results history
• Push Notification Enhancements
• Bug Fixes
First of all, I am a first and last time user of the Barnes and Noble app and I would like to express my initial dislike for it. I added a bunch of books from a list that I would have liked to purchase and I added them to the cart. I got away for a second to check my balance and I come back and the whole cart is empty! I call customer service and ask if there is anything they can do about the lost books and they say that they cannot retrieve any information unless the order has been placed. My only problem is that if the order was placed then I would not need to retrieve the information from my cart, because I would have already purchased the items I needed. Secondly, it's always telling you to turn off airplane mode and to use wifi when airplane mode is off and you are in fact using wifi. I will not be returning to use this app because of the frustration it has caused all within the first ten minutes of me using this app
First and foremost, this is not a perfect app and I would have expected a bit higher quality coming from Barnes and Noble. The menus and displays feel haphazardly placed together and unless you know specifically what you are looking for, it is a bit challenging to find that next interesting book. What irked me the most was the fact that the app does not offer the capability to download nook books which would have been extremely handy. I may have overlooked the section somehow, but I believe that I have combed through the majority of the app. Otherwise, it gets the job done when it comes to ordering a book that is not in store.
Since the latest update I have had multiple problems that I've addresses with customer service who basically told me it wS my phone. But now as I read other reviews I know it is you and not me. As some of the others have said you can search for nook hooks but can't order them. I did finally find a way back to
B&N.com and sometimes it lets me order and sometimes not. But it is PIA to have to login then go into my account to be able to even find the link to b&n.com. It's really getting to the point of me possibly stopping using my nook and going to a kindle. Besides the fact they have one button ordering they also have way more books. Half of the authors I read don't have nook books but they are on kindle.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Books
- Updated: Jun 16, 2015
- Version: 2.2.0
- Size: 22.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Barnes&Noble
- © 1997-2015 Barnesandnoble.com llc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.