BA II Plus(tm) Financial Calculator
By Texas Instruments
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Exact capabilities of the best-selling financial calculator from Texas Instruments – the BA II Plus. Easier to use than other financial calculators, including the HP 12C. Cool, convenient and affordably priced. The smart choice in financial calculators for business professionals and college students, in corporate and university settings.
FULL RANGE OF FINANCE AND SCIENCE FUNCTIONS
• Solves Time-Value-of-Money (TVM) calculations
• Generates amortization schedules
• Performs cash-flow analysis, and computes NPV and IRR
• Calculates depreciation with four different methodologies
• Breakeven, profit and percent difference calculations
• Date function to determine days between dates
• Evaluates bond prices and yields “to maturity” or “to call”
• Scientific capabilities include trig. and log. functions
• Memory stores 10 values and Constant Memory™ retains them
• Choice of chain or Algebraic Operating System methods
• Key click sounds enabled optionally via Settings
• Switches to 2nd functions fast with one-touch 2nd function key
• TVM P/Y=1 default matches current BA II Plus calculator
FOR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION CURRICULUM
• Real Estate
What's New in Version 1.3
- Updated to improve display on iPads
- Now supports iOS 8
It Works Perfectly
I have used the Texas BA II Plus for about 20 years. I'm a mortgage banker. The software version of this calculator works exactly like the handheld version. I noted that someone complained that the I/Y key doesn't calculate properly. That is not true. Just like the handheld version of this calculator, you have to set that key to 12 by pressing 2nd I/Y then enter 12. This is the only calculator that I use and it has always worked that way. So there is no need to divide the interest rate by 12. I have owned other calculators and most work the same way.
Go ahead and download this app with confidence if you are in the Real Estate field. As for other uses, I have no comment.
Cautiously downloaded the app after reading some reviews from a few months back. So far it perfectly mimics my calculator, it's a shame I can't use this for the CFA exam. But it's great I can have a calculator with this much horsepower in a familiar set up all on my iPhone. The calculator picture is perfectly crisp.
Bug in I/Y key
I've used a BA II plus for years. After purchasing this today and using to calculate a 30 year mortgage I noticed you get the wrong payment unless you divide the yearly interest rate by 12 before entering it with the I/Y key. On my handheld that step is not required, you simply enter the annual rate. Other than that it seems to function fine.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Finance
- Updated: Nov 11, 2014
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 8.6 MB
- Seller: Texas Instruments
- © (c) 2008-2014 by Texas Instruments Incorporated, All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.