By Boston Athletic Association
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The official app of the Boston Marathon is back for 2016! Track your ten favorite people, check out the course map, and snap a photo in the race photo booth to share with your friends. Information for participants, bios on the John Hancock Elite Athlete Team, and race history are beautifully displayed in the palm of your hand.
The BAA 2016 app also features a real-time leaderboard, post-race results search, and links to the latest news from the B.A.A. The course map illustrates exact locations of all mile markers, race hydration stations, medical stations, and Clif Shot Energy Zones.
Instagram users from around the world will be compiled by three popular race hashtags, and the in-app photo booth allows for real-time sharing across facebook, instagram, twitter, or e-mail. The app is free, and has become a useful tool for tracking runners in past years. Enjoy!
What's New in Version 3.4
- B.A.A. favorites added to the Maps section for things to see and do in Boston.
- Countdown clock for those of you who can't wait. (All of us.)
- Updated participant information and spectator information.
- Hydration stations, medical stations, Cliff Shot Energy Zones, and MBTA stations are all viewable in the course map.
- Schedule helps users now see where each official event is located.
You erased my heroes on update?
I had 10 runners I was tracking. I updated the app and they are all removed. Why wouldn't you preserve local data? Very disappointed.
Map constantly freezing just after race began—unable to track anyone…
The app did not work during the race. I got sporadic updates on 2 of the 6 people I was tracking. Good idea, poor execution.
- Category: Sports
- Updated: Apr 14, 2016
- Version: 3.4
- Size: 54.5 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Vietnamese
- Seller: Boston Athletic Association
- ©2015 Boston Athletic Association
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.