Learn Italian with Babbel, the app that’s helped millions speak with confidence. Developed by a team of Europe’s best language experts, Babbel makes language lessons CLICK with you and STICK with you.
THE BABBEL PROCESS
Babbel makes learning Italian fun and effective:
1. HIT the ground running with practical conversation skills
Linguistic experts designed the intuitive courses to engage you in practical conversation skills from your very first lesson.
2. Lessons that CLICK with you - Engaging and easy to use
Lessons engross you in a foreign culture while guiding your language journey with English-perspective hints, simple explanations, and creative grammar cues that cement fresh concepts.
3. Language skills that STICK with you for life
Revolutionary 10-15 minute lessons and dynamic review sessions continuously adapt to your strengths and weaknesses, recontextualize prior concepts, and send your new language straight to long-term memory.
Hit. Click. Stick. Speak Italian. It’s that easy!
• 10-15 minute bite-sized Italian lessons fit in your schedule
• Lessons covering a wide range of topics (including travel, culture, and business)
• Speech recognition technology aids pronunciation
• Ideal for both beginners and advanced learners
• Review Manager keeps Italian vocabulary in your long term memory
• Learning progress synchronized across all your devices and on the web
WORKS FOR YOUR GOALS:
After just a month you will be able to handle important Italian conversations for:
• Making friends and socializing
• And much more!
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING ABOUT US:
“Babbel exceeds expectations, delivering high-quality, self-paced courses.” -PCMag.com
“Exceptionally good site.” -The Economist
“Babbel is one of the stalwarts of the online language learning sphere.” -TNW
**The World’s Highest Grossing Language Learning App**
**Fast Company # 1 Most Innovative Education Company 2016**
**Awarded Apple's Best Apps of 2014 in 9 countries!**
You will need a subscription in order to get access to the full learning materials for one language.
Each subscription will be automatically renewed unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current payment period.
Your iTunes account will be automatically charged at the same price for renewal within the 24-hour period prior to the end of the current payment period unless you change your subscription preferences in your iTunes Account Settings.
When a subscription is canceled, access to the app’s courses and features will expire at the end of the current payment period.
Check out our new look! Babbel has a fresh design to make it even easier to learn and explore. Take a peek!
Ratings and Reviews
Very enjoyable app
Greetings, I am really enjoying your app. I am learning Italian &, my wife is learning French. I have a few remarks that I would like to bring to your attention & I hope you will take them into consideration in your future updates.
1) I believe the voice recognition can be improved a little bit by allowing for a small margin of error in our pronunciation . I am originally from Egypt & certainly I have an accent in my speech.
2) I really do not see the rational by not allowing us to scroll back within the lesson to review certain topics that were covered earlier. This is very annoying. You do not have to change my score when I scroll back and correct my mistakes. When I complete a lesson I would like to be able to go back & review certain topics that I feel that are important. Unfortunately, the only way to do this is to start the lesson from the very beginning. I feel this DOES NOT HELP the learning process.
3) It would be nice if the app keeps a history of my scores for the lessons that I have completed. This will help me identify my weaknesses & help me to review (at a later time) those lessons that I have not done so well on.
In conclusion, I enthusiastically recommend this app. It is easy & fun to use. Very well organized. I would have given it 5 stars except for my above remarks.
Like the app, especially more advanced courses
This app works well on a desktop and older iPad. They've made several improvements in recent versions for iPads, including adding voice features. The reson for 4 stars is that the voice recognition is often inconsistent, even on a desktop computer and using the recommended browser, Chrome. It seems to get stuck sometimes. But the other features work well. The recent site redesign is easy to navigate. I like the ability to review work multiple times in a variety of ways; it helps new information stick. I also like the native speakers in the Italian programs.
So much better than Duolingo!
I already speak Spanish, but I’ve been wanting to learn Italian, and Babbel has been amazing. I’ve used multiple other language programs including Rosetta Stone, Duolingo, and Berlitz and I line this the best. You get to practice saying real things right away. If you’re a slower learner you can always repeat lessons, but I find that the pace is perfect. It’s also a good mix of speaking and writing. And all the conversations feel natural and realistic. I could not be more pleased with this app.
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for your review!! Glad to hear that you have enjoyed using Babbel! Keep up the good work!
- Lesson Nine GmbH
- 156.3 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Lesson Nine GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- Learn Italian $15.99
- Learn Italian $29.99
- Learn Italian $49.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.