Baby Monitor HD
By SunshineApps GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
'The next generation Baby Monitor' - Watch & Listen to your babies from anywhere in the world!
***** engadget - "We quickly settled on Baby Monitor HD as our preferred app" *****
Simple setup. Watch & Listen to 4 Cameras at the same time! Audio Alerts, Background Audio & IR Night Mode.
* Digital Video - static free
* Up to 4 Live Video Feeds at once
* Retina, Pinch Zoom, Landscape
* Infrared Night Vision - no need for night lights
* PiP Picture-in-Picture for 2 cam setups
* Video Record to Album
* Listen to 4 cameras at the same time!
* Digital Audio - avoid static
* Squelch / Auto-Mute - hides background noise
* Background Audio - use others Apps!
* Audio only option - save battery
* Audio History Graphs, 5min, 10min and longer
* Optional Alarm for audio dropout
* Experimental Foscam Push-To-Talk PTT
* Experimental Sleep Mute timer
* Audio Alert - extra alarm when baby cries
* 3 different alerts, work even if app is muted
* Adjustable Audio Alert level
* Local Notifications for background Audio Alerts
* Use your monitor from the other side of the planet!
* Home/Away 'Auto' setting - walk out the house, and the app keeps running!
* Easy config for 2nd IP Address/port for 3G/remote access
* Switch all cameras between Home & Away
* CamScan™ - for quick & simple camera setup
* Experimental support for AppleTV
* Experimental temperature reading
* Experimental Foscam Movement notification
* Share camera with relatives via email
* Optional clock display
* 'Long Press' video for Advanced Camera Controls
* 'Smart Dimmer' - darker nighttime screen
* Customizable Themes
* The first company to produce such an App!
* App recently celebrated 3 years on the AppStore
* Well tested & mature product
* URL app shortcut: BabyMonitorHD://
* Includes shortcut to access camera in Safari
* No extra fees for remote viewing
* Active Support Group
* NEW: BabyPing - needs password
* NEW: YCam 1080HD video only
* NEW: Foscam FI9821W video only
* NEW: Foscam FI9801W video only
* NEW: Foscam FI9802W video only
* NEW: Axis 207
* NEW: Axis 207W
* Foscam FI8904W
* Foscam FI8905W
* Foscam FI8909W
* Foscam FI8910W
* Foscam FI8918W
* Y-Cam Black S (YCB004)
* Y-Cam Black SD (YCB003)
* Y-Cam Knight S (YCK004)
* Y-Cam Knight SD (YCK003)
* Y-Cam Bullet Black (YCBLB3)
* Y-Cam Bullet White (YCBL03)
* YCam Cube
* WiFi Baby 3G
* Sharx SCNC2606
* Sharx SCNC2607
* Sharx SCNC2700
* MyCam2Go App - use 2nd iOS device as camera! (no IR)
Compatible but no IR:
* Y-Cam White S (YCW004)
* Y-Cam White SD (YCW003)
engadget quote - Thomas Ricker, Senior Editor, Engadget, article 24th June 2011
Some features require admin account access. Requires a 2nd generation Y-Cam running firmware 2.35 or higher. 'New' features should be considered experimental for a couple of versions. Alerts may pause the app. Not all features will be available for all cameras. Changes to camera firmware may disable some features. Quality when away from home may degrade, and audio buffer delay may increase. We can't read all reviews in all countries, therefore if you need to raise an issue, please contact our support group directly. If you have a positive experience with this App, then please take a moment to add a rating/review, after all, you probably bought this App based on such a review. Our business survival depends on accumulating as many good reviews as possible. To help improve the app, anonymous page view analytics may be collected in accordance with Apple guidelines. Refer to company website for attribution listings & licensed materials. This product is developed independently from Y-Cam, Sharx & Foscam. NOTE: Not to be used as a life saving device. Please continue to use a traditional baby monitor alongside this app. E&OE.
What's New in Version 6.4
* Stability Improvements
* New Foscam firmware support
* Optional Audio Mixing with other Apps
* Theme fix
My entire family uses this!
I read an Engadget article and recommended this to my older brother and he was happy with it. So when it was time for me to have a baby, I got the same camera and app setup. Now my wife and I both use it on our iPhones and iPads when we are away and at home. Our nanny has an iPod touch and uses this while we're at work. Both our families have iPhones and when they babysit, they just need the app. We made sure our nanny and parents don't have access to the external IP address so they can listen in when they are not in our house. The great thing is that when we expect another baby, we can add another camera and monitor both rooms on the same app.
I really like the feature where you can adjust the sensitivity of the audio when it auto mutes. This way, you won't hear small noises your baby makes or breathing and only hear the audio when it hits a certain volume threshold.
NOTE: you need to be a bit technical to setup the camera and make changes to your router. For example, you need to understand how to manually assign an IP address to the camera so you always get the same address. In addition, if you want to access this camera externally, you need to understand how to forward specific ports to the camera's IP address on your router. It's not difficult to setup by any means, but you need to have some technical capabilities.
Made out to be too difficult
This is by far the most complicated baby monitoring device there is out there. It constantly disconnects and is not reliable. I had to buy a cheap old baby monitor just for sound because in the beginning there were several times that I would wake up hearing my child cry down the hall and not through the monitoring device on my phone. We have already spent at least three hours on the phone with support several different times. I think there are so much other easy ones out there that you just plug in and go and not have to go through an hour and a half of set up that I wish we had known that when we were shopping for a baby monitor. Also another thing to think about if you have a babysitter/grandparent come to watch her child they either have to pay money for the app, or they have no way to monitor your child without being in the next room. I really thought it was just going to be a little bit easier, like Skype or face time. You just hit send and it works perfectly. Very disappointed and very stressed that this is the second time this week it has cut out and I don't know how to get it back up and running without being on the phone again with support.
Hands down the best
I purchased a Ycam to use as a baby monitor. I purchased an ip cam specifically to attach to our network and monitor via phone or computer from anywhere.
I tried 3 different apps, including the one specifically from Ycam. I was surprised at how bad they were and was wondering if the ip cam was a bad idea. Then I did some research and read a review online from a dad in the the same boat and insisted the sunshine app was worth the $.
I'm so glad I tried it. Hands down the best cam app and has more functionality from any other I've tried. Love the fact you can run it in the background on mute but it turns on and sends you alert, picture or video if there's a noise. The picture quality is fantastic and there are tons of customizable options.I'm not a big app review guy but this deserves special mention.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Medical
- Updated: Jan 22, 2014
- Version: 6.4
- Size: 2.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: SunshineApps GmbH
- © 2010 SunshineApps LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.