By Sevenlogics, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The best Baby Names app!
Find the perfect baby name with this FREE app. Packed with more than 30,000 names, Baby Names makes it fun and simple to:
● See a name’s meaning, pronunciation, gender, and origin
● Check how popular any name (including your own) was for any year back to 1880
● Search by name, gender, origin or any of those criteria (and even by initial)
● Share names by e-mail and Facebook
● See a map view of any name’s origin
● Add, rate, and share your own names with the My Names feature
● Periodic name suggestions
● Ask Genie for names that go perfectly with mom’s and dad’s names!
● Save and rate your favorite names and sort them by gender, date, spelling and your ratings
● Sync your favorite names across all your iOS devices!
What's New in Version 2.3.3
- updated popular names for 2014
Keep your feedback coming! Your support encourages us to bring you a better app.
Thank you for your support!
Great list of names
This app is probably the best one out there as far as having the most names. The problem I had was that there are so many names it's becomes an overload. Currently the search algorithm hinges around popularity and origin. Origin search was helpful but with so many names you just need something else and I could care less about how popular a name is in picking my favorites. The app just needs a better way of sorting and searching names. It also needs a better way of marking favorites. Currently it revolves around a star system which is not necessarily helpful when you have so many names. I would prefer a yes/no system initially and then a separate ranking that would allow me to rank the names in the list once I pick all my favorites.
Gets the job done
It's really really good for a basic baby name app. Easy to use and navigate, lots of names to look through and I love that you can search based on origin.
However, it really needs more pronunciation guides, especially for the weirdly spelled names that can be found from different origins (Irish names anybody? Those things are mostly consonants sometimes).
Also maybe a name generator feature to help with matching first and middle names?
Good app aside from...
Good app over all. However, I wish there was an option for middle names. In my situation I'm looking for first names that would go good with Lou. I wish this app had that option because I really do enjoy this app! Unfortunately I will have to look elsewhere to figure it out. Also, I wish it told us more information about the names. Such as pronunciation (actually hearing it), and there's a couple other things. But everything else is quite nice!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Aug 28, 2015
- Version: 2.3.3
- Size: 44.0 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: Sevenlogics, Inc.
- © Sevenlogics, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Baby Names Premium$1.99