By Babylon Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
** New! Babylon Touch is now available for Android on Google play **
Weekend in Paris without understanding a single word on the restaurant menu?
Reading a book in English and not sure about some words?
Babylon, the world’s leading provider of dictionary and translation software, brings you Babylon Touch.
Capture any hardcopy text with your Babylon Touch and get instant term translations.
- Your One-Touch Translator – Touch any word & get instant translations
- Ideal for any hardcopy translations (books, menus, newspapers, textbooks and more)
- Break down language barriers – Your effective problem solving solution
- Huge selection of dictionaries and glossaries – over 1,600 glossaries in dozens of languages
How to use Babylon Touch?
1. Hold iPhone directly over the text
2. Touch a word on your screen to translate it
3. View translation in the bottom box
4. Touch the blue arrow to get detailed dictionary results
5. To capture a new text, just tap the Camera button
Landscape support: switch seamlessly between portrait and landscape modes to maximize screen utilization.
Zoom in and out: after capturing a text, you can zoom in and tap any word more easily.
** We'd love to get your feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org **
Note: Babylon Touch retrieves results online from Babylon’s servers, and requires Internet connection to function correctly.
What's New in Version 1.0.1
- Bug fixes, including the black screen bug that some users have experienced.
- Minor graphic changes
Works very well
I tried it to translate from English to Arabic..for me it works great and I'm happy with the results...smart idea..keep going Babylon Team
Not enough languages
Works great, but please add more languages to translate from, specifically chinese. Everything is from china now and we need to know what it says!!! Please add more languages
Opened my Spanish-English dictionary, it couldn't pinpoint one single Spanish word. And as for English words, it could barely recognize those either. It tries to pick up punctuation marks more than it does actual words. Also my pictures are bright and clear, and the languages are set correctly and it still would not work at all.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Mar 08, 2012
- Version: 1.0.1
- Size: 16.0 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Babylon Ltd.
- © Babylon Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi (4th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi, iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini with Retina display, iPad mini with Retina display Wi-Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch (5th generation).