Backdrop is a simple utility to fill your screen with a giant blank window. Fill the window with a solid color or a custom image, your choice. ALSO, includes a Fullscreen Color Cycle mode to see various colors filling your displays.
Backdrop received a 4 Mouse Rating by Macworld
Backdrop is useful for:
* Screenshots - take screenshots of one or many windows without having to clean up your desktop
* One thing at a time - Use Backdrop in between applications to let you focus on a few windows at a time. Want just one window of an app? Switch to Backdrop, then use Expose to pick out the window.
* Web design - create a full size image with outlines of more common screen sizes to help to check how your pages will look on different monitors
* Fullscreen Color Cycle - run the Cycle to see red, green, blue, white, and black from corner-to-corner on your displays.
* Supports multiple displays
* Set a color or a custom image
* Fullscreen Color Cycle mode
* Remains in the background during Exposé
* Works well with Spaces
* Setting to choose whether Backdrop appears in all Spaces or not.
* Fixed (hopefully) a crash bug when finishing a Fullscreen Color Cycle
* Fixed an issue where starting and stopping Fullscreen Color Cycles quickly could leave the Backdrop window in a bad state (covering everything until you quit the app).
Ratings and Reviews
Great, But a couple a things I must mention….
Great, But a couple a things I must mention, First, there needs to be a least a "simple" little manual for this app, and second, I cannot figure out how to get it to dsplay more than one backdrop at a time, on any one single screen/space… If anyone knows how to do that, I would like to know, exp. Like being able to display a whole folder a photos at once cause as of now, Backdrop will only let me choose one image at a time for a backdrop. 😕
Simple App, Works Well
This is a simple app that works very well. It does a great job hidiing my messy desktop when I am sharing my desktop with clients or taking screenshots.
I love this app! Works really well with Houdini and DoOneThing
FOCUS: The very action is hard to do. I use Backdrop, DoOneThing, and this amazing app called Houdini to hone in one my ONE task at a time.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.