Backgammon HD - Play the Online Board Game!
By Trivial Technology
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Play the #1 Backgammon on the App Store! Now with the best online Backgammon experience with background match-making and two ways to play online: Turn-based gameplay or live games via Game Center. Challenge your friends, play against random opponents, compete for leaderboard glory, and earn achievements.
- - - - - -
** Recommended by MacWorld as a Top Download for your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad in their November 2010 issue.
** “Backgammon Premium is the crème-de-la-crème ‘gammon’” 9 out of 10 stars Appaddicts.com!
** Nominated for “best dice game of 2009 in the 2009 Best App Ever Awards hosted by bestappever.com!
- - - - - -
Backgammon is believed to have started in Persia, eventually finding its way to Britain with the Roman conquest in the 1st century and was played by Emperor Claudius who even had his carriage equipped with a playing board! It became such a gambling mania that it was declared illegal under the Republic.
Playing on the history of the game, there are 6 visually pleasing, rich board designs; Egyptian, Roman, Medieval, Victorian, Modern and Classic.
We also offer, out of the box, two classic game variations: “Old English” and Nackgammon. “Old English” is the most popular game variation in England. Nackgammon is a more challenging variation designed to add more creativity and skill to the game.
With integrated Bluetooth Peer-to-Peer support you can play with your friends over Bluetooth with no network required! You can also play against the computer in either Easy, Medium or Hard difficulties, or play with a friend on a single device.
- Two ways to play online: Turn-based or live with Game Center
- Background match-making: search for opponents while you play!
- Universal. Play on your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad
- Single Player Games (with Easy, Medium, Hard or, soon, with our brand-new Expert player)
- Match support! Play to 3, 5, 9 or 15 points with Doubling. Matches use the Crawford Rule
- On the phone Multiplayer and Bluetooth peer to peer games
- Move-Assist, highlights available moves
- Unlimited “Undo” in single-player games
- Extensive game statistics
What's New in Version 4.5.2
Thank you for all your wonderful support! This update includes performance improvements and bug fixes based on your feedback.
We appreciate every App Review, so keep them coming! Also, be sure to Like WildCard Games on Facebook for the latest updates!
Updating my review again, mid-October 2017. Love this backgammon game. I use it to practice daily. Been playing since end of August 2017. The dice remain quite random and the computer plays challengingly. All this has remained constant as I move up through the levels. The designers have corrected several glitches and request constant feedback to improve the game. One note, be careful moving your pieces. When you complete your move the computer immediately rolls the dice for its move. Times when I am tired my finger hits the wrong landing spot for my final move. Like picking up the dice too quickly, my move is over. Conclusion, don’t play when tired; get some rest. I am so impressed with this game. I highly recommend it.
My original review was TWO years ago. Nothing has changed since I wrote it. In addition, I would like to have a REMATCH button instead of having to go through requesting through an email request! I like to rematch people I am randomly partnered with, but can't if I don't know their email address.
I've used this app for years now. It's one of the better ones out there. However, I would like to see the following improvements.
1. Make the dice rolls truly random! It seems like doubles pop up all the time when a pip is on the bar, and always with a number that the opponent has blocked. Also, when both players have all their pips on the home row and are bearing off, the player with the most pips on points 5 and 6 only rolls ones and twos.
2. When I have multiple games going, I would like a button to click for "next game" that takes me to the next game where it's my turn to play. (See Words With Friends.) Currently I have to make 3 clicks toget to the next game: Menu, then Games, and then the game I want next.
been playing backgammon since I was 11, but I don't know the board seems backwards to me. kind of hard to get used to. i'm used to starting at the top right, getting my pieces in on the lower right. this game plays the oppisite which for me is hard to get used to playing backgammon 35 years ya get used to playing a certain way, turns me off from this app. i know it sounds petty but ya get used to a certain way it's hard to change & pay attention to moves from the opponent ya know.. otherwise it's a good app. I'm sight impaired so I have trouble seeing the board & it being reversed doesn't help.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Aug 11, 2017
- Version: 4.5.2
- Size: 83.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Trivial Technology
- © 2016, WildCard Games Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.