Backgammon Masters - Beginner edition
By 2KB LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Backgammon Masters is an aesthetically pleasing game for online and single player backgammon. Enjoy the ancient board game in crisp, modern graphics on your smartphone or tablet!
All board game fans will appreciate the easy to use interface, detailed visuals and many features. There is something for everybody! You can personalise your profile, challenge online players, make bets, gammon opponents, participate in tournaments, chat live, find new friends and learn all the tricks of this ancient and exciting board game!
Want to play with friends and family?
Easy! Play with your friends in hotseat mode, via bluetooth, organise tournaments and improve your skill!
Out on a trip and have no internet connection?
Just challenge our AI in any backgammon style you wish! One match will take you only 5 to 30 minutes.
Backgammon Masters supports many styles of backgammon:
» Classic backgammon - the core of the game.
» Narde (Nardi) - very popular in Russia. Longer play, since you can't hit opponent's checkers.
» Tavla (Tavli or Turkish Backgammon) - popular in Turkey. Very similar to backgammon with some rule differences regarding checker play.
» Nackgammon - variation invented by Nack Ballard with 2 differences from the original game.
» Old English Backgammon - a style popular in United Kingdom.
Despite the game's old age millions of people all around the world still enjoy this fantastic board game and its variations up to this day.
Join and become a true Master of Backgammon!
Standard pack includes:
● 5 backgammon styles: Backgammon, Narde, Nackgammon, Old English and Tavla
● 2 game modes: game against AI, game on one iMac or MacBook
● 6 beautiful boards: Classic, Metal, 10,000BC, Profi, Casino and White Crocodile!
● 2 difficulty levels in game vs AI
● Extensive match statistics
● Share your success on Facebook or Twitter!
● Highlighting available moves, Undo function, Online Chat and much, much more.
● 100% fair and completely random dice rolls
● Ability to check dice fairness
● Detailed descriptions of game rule and frequently asked questions
● Crisp, high definition graphics for Mac Retina Display
Premium pack includes:
● Online game
● Thousands of online players! You will find players of all skill levels
● Detailed statistics of your and opponent rolls
● Player ratings by ELO system. Levelling system
● Ability to add other players to friends and invite them to a game even when they are offline
● Detailed in-game chat
● Daily tournaments in different backgammon styles
● Ability to view other people's matches
Here is what our players are saying about Backgammon Masters:
“I had tried many backgammon apps: Backgammon NJ, Backgammon Deluxe, Backgammon Live, Backgammon Ace, Backgammon Gold, but I really think Backgammon Masters is the best and most exciting backgammon app currently available in the market! I play it with my friends and family all the time!"
"To put it simply, Backgammon Masters is one gorgeous looking application." -- TheiPhoneAppReview
"The game is exactly what a backgammon app should be. It has a great look, detailed instructions, and is faithful to the original game. The number of match-making offerings is impressive and the controls are easy to use." -- 148apps
Like us and follow us for the latest news, updates and free offers:
If you enjoy Backgammon Masters, leave us a rating!
We listen to our players and work constantly to improve the game and make it better.
What's New in Version 1.7.1
- Improved checker selection
- Increased checker movement animation speed
- Fixed bug where dice disappeared upon bear off
- Fixed bug upon checker movement
- Fixed bug upon bearing checkers off
- Fixed bug with chat disappearing after game
- Fixed various small bugs
Frustrating and no fun
Masters of Backgammon has recently been updated with new AI models. These models wield a secret weapon that makes playing against the AI an exercise in non-fun — LOADED DICE!
New Update is VERY BAD - DO NOT UPDATE!!
The UPDATE is terrible. It took a great rendition of the game and made it just awful. The auto-bearing-off is now VERY SLOW, where before, it was so fast, just great. Where is management REVIEW on these updates!!!???
There are features they could have fixed, such as the annoying dark-box messages splayed across the screen, interrupting your play by obscuring your view, unnecessarily.
The ONLY changed feature I like is that that stupid fox is gone. Except that they put a serial killer in his place.
PLEASE LET US REVERT TO THE VERSION BEFORE THE UPDATE!!!!!!!!
Randomizer skewed, unfortunate
I really enjoyed the previous version of this game but felt that it was a little easy. So I was looking forward to the new update. As users have previousy mentioned the AI was made “smarter” by giving it loaded dice. Initially I took the stance that good moves and sound strategy will still win out most of the time. Unfortunately this is not the case. I have found that I have changed my strategy to a more defensive and consertative one becasue the likelihood of the AI rolling the perfect “out” roll is pretty high. I would say that everytime I double and leave the computer only one specific roll to escape, the computer will roll the perfect roll almost 75% of the time. Its really noticable and annoying. It makes playing the AI unenjoyable. The computer will accept a double up to a 80-90% pip disadvantage, whcih in retrospect is probably wise for the AI because it will roll what it needs. I have stopped playing and would like my money back.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jan 01, 2017
- Version: 1.7.1
- Size: 8.4 MB
- Languages: English, German, Portuguese, Russian, Turkish
- Seller: 2KB LLC
- © 2KB LLC
Compatibility: OS X 10.6 or later
Top In-App Purchases
- "Premium package"$1.99
- Gold coins$1.99
- Sack of gold$9.99
- Chest of gold$19.99
- Pile of gold$49.99
- Bag of gold$4.99
- "Premium package"Free
- 5 in 1 Boards pack$3.99
- Board: Green$0.99
- Board: White Crocodile$0.99