Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Backgammon Online is also available for iOS!
Backgammon Online connects you with the vivid First Internet Backgammon Server (FIBS, see fibs.com). Play anywhere at any time against real people.
• Polished user interface and beautiful boards
• On FIBS, there are also very sophisticated bots of different playing strengths which are a serious challenge to even the most skilled Backgammon players
• Creating a new FIBS account is just a matter of finding a suitable user name, no web-site visits or personal informations required
• Automatic forced moves and bear-off
• Integrated FIBS Chat
• All aborted matches are automatically saved
• Finished matches can be saved in the MAT file format, which is readable by almost every professional backgammon software (match-saving requires Mac OS X 10.7.3 or later)
• Ratings for each player are based on match results and other factors, thus you can easily find a player with your playing ability.
• this app is also available for iOS (iPhone, iPod and iPad) in the iTunes App Store
What's New in Version 1.2.2
• The home count label is now easily visible on all boards
Almost 5 stars!
I love to play fibs, once I upgraded to Yosemite, "cocoa fibs" the program I was using, didn’t work as well. So I looked on the App Store and found this beautiful program! Some reviewers don’t seem to realize that this program only gives you access to “fibs” which you do have to sign up for a free membership. If you don’t like fibs, don’t blame “Backgammon Online”. It would be like blaming Safari for the bad content on the internet! Anyways it is a beautiful program that works very well, would just like to see the “Lobby” work a little better, then I will give it the full five stars!
DO NOT BUY THIS GARBAGE!
The app requires user to send an email to an administrator.
The approval process is not automated.
The person that approves accounts denied my wife because I already have an account.
Why do accounts require approval? Didn’t I pay for this app? Why dont you approve the user before they waste money buying this garbage app?