* MOST User Friendly BACKGAMMON App *
- Invite friends or play with random opponents.
- Rematch option at the end of a match.
- Game Center achievements and leader boards.
- Look for Game Center auto-match opponents while playing a local game
- Option to switch board home position and swap color.
- Text chat feature for all network games (Game Center, Local Network). Can be turned OFF.
- Play a Local Network game (Bluetooth or Wi-Fi), against the computer, or a pass-the-device game.
- Skill rating, won games, won match points and experience scores for completed Game Center matches.
- Progressive undo, replay last move, PIP values, doubling cube, human powered random rolls.
- Checkers are easy to select and move, with variable animation speed.
- Optionally show all possible moves for any piece, or use "one-tap" moves.
- Play 1, 3, 5 or unlimited-point matches.
- Resignation with 1, 2, 3 and unlimited times multiplier.
- Universal App: enhanced graphics for iPad and retina displays.
- Neural Network based advanced computer algorithm.
- Extensive settings screen allows users to customize their experience (see screen shots).
- Multiple dice rolling algorithms.
- Statistics screen: tracks games won, matches points won, as well as dice roll statistics.
- If the losing player disconnects from the game the winning player gets awarded the win.
- 60-second time limit per move for Game Center Auto-Match games.
- Tutor for Computer games, helps you learn how to play.
Ratings and Reviews
Best out there so far
Just updating my review. I'm convinced after playing hundreds of games, the computer cheats in specific situations. Most notably in the endgame, if it is behind and one of your pips is captured, the computer will give you bad rolls keeping you captured while it gets great rolls to build a wall. I've had several games where I've rolled eight or more times and could not get a 1 or 2 on the dice to escape. I can see it being possible, as it is luck, but a statistical improbability that happens far too often. Still the best out there, but very frustrating when you have to change your play style to win because you know the computer is going to get that miracle roll.
I have tried several of these games so far and this is the best one I found. There's not a lot of ads to deal with in the computer place a pretty good game. Occasionally it blunders and I think it takes a few more chances in the beginning of the game then I would. Has good mid game logic and will try to trap your pips if you delay the advance of your farthest two pieces. I have to believe the dice are fair as the game gathers statistics on roll frequency. That doesn't mean a shrewd programmer couldn't manipulate chance and sometimes I find the computers luck uncanny, but still possible. Many other games clearly skew the dice rolls to make up for poor game logic. Overall best free one out there!
One of the better
Overall - worth playing. I find that at the highest level, I can win except when the first few moves go against me. After a few moves, it is clear that a game is a no-win and there's no way to improve your position or chances. This keeps my winning % just over 50% and never higher than 65%. Good fast movement and great automatic moves. An improvement would be for the game to recognize when the game has limited moves then notify the player with an auto complete option.
You can play fast!
I tried at least 10 different Backgammon apps and this one finally is what I wanted. You can turn on auto mode to move the piece with one tap (instead of 2 taps) and you can set high speed for movement. So this let’s me play a game fast which is all that I wanted!!
- Quatrian Inc.
- 21.4 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2015 Quatrian Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- No Ads $4.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.