Backpack Studio allows you to easily create professional sounding, studio quality recordings - from anywhere using only your iPhone or iPad. Your show is automatically mixed and mastered in real-time, so you can focus your time and energy on being creative, instead of doing post-production work.
Backpack is from the developer of the former bossjock studio, based upon years of refinement and user feedback. A must have app for podcast and radio production!
- Record your voice while triggering sounds live - intros, background music, and sound effects. Sounds automatically adjust volume in real time. No need for multitrack or post production software. Recording your show becomes a creative live performance!
- A powerful soundboard with unlimited pages of soundpads. Scroll pads to the left and a new empty page appears - ready to go! Reposition sounds, or pin sounds to a specific pad to appear on each page. Configure the size, color, and behavior of each pad as needed. Swipe the pads vertically to live mix the volume.
- Import sounds into the soundboard from anywhere - iCloud, dropbox, google drive, your music library, email, even import directly from other apps.
- Studio quality compression, limiting, and eq algorithms are automatically applied to your mix live for a loud, studio quality mastered sound.
- Encodes to all popular formats, mp3, wav, m4a,
aiff, and video.
- Publish recordings directly to iCloud, dropbox, Facebook, youtube, an FTP, Libsyn, or open in any app on your phone that accepts audio or video.
- Full VoiceOver compatibility for visually impaired producers .
- Battery and cpu optimization. Records in compressed audio to save 90% of the drive space space of other mixing apps. (optional)
- Inter-app audio and audiobus support allow you to stream to other apps.
- Unrivaled hardware support. Backpack works with all usb / external mics like the Apogee Mic, IK Multimedia iRig Mic Cast and Blue Mikey. 4 channel usb mixer support for Focusrite mixers. Mix the left and right channels together or disable the iOS built in gain control (AGC) via the settings panel.
Visit backpackstudioapp.com for more info!
Send any feedback to email@example.com
follow us on our social media accounts:
- Bug fixes, performance enhancements, and voiceover improvements
- Google drive support for loading pads
- Portrait mode for iPad
- New "autopause" mode. If you enable autopause in the settings your recording will automatically pause when the mic is off and no sound pads are playing... recording automatically resumes once a pad is played or mic is re-engaged.
- Ability to turn of mic monitoring in headphones from the mixer (known in radio as "mix-minus")
- Simplified publishing to Libsyn ... just enter username, password, and select a folder!
Much more is in store - go to backpackstudioapp.com/vote to vote on our next major feature!
Ratings and Reviews
Even better than I thought.
I’ve used this app’s predecessor BossJock for several years and have always enjoyed it. Rather than using it as it was intended, I use it as a programmable music and “drop-in” source for a/v work at a low (no) budget corporate meeting I attend monthly. I have the usual assortment of horns, bells and whistles installed plus several bits of pop music (think “Are you ready to rumble...”). The BossJock app performed flawlessly. Yesterday I tried to upload a bit to Dropbox and discovered the functionality was outdated. What to do?
I found Backpack Studio! Cool! Does even more of all the good things BJ used to do and has an expandable number of pads for all my silly sounds.
If this thing gets any better, I might have to start my own podcast.
Many thanks, and ten bucks to the developer.
Perfect on the Go Podcasting App
I must say this is by far one of the best podcast and apps on a mobile device I have ever used to record podcast! What I will say is the app is intuitive easy to use and so so simple I love the app it’s great you should get it it is worth the 10 bucks if you are in Abbet podcast if you podcast every day every week whatever it’s a great app to have if you want to go and you can’t get to your studio if you’re not home so please consider using the app!
An excellent improvement on the Bossjock platform!
I love this new version, we are able to utilize Dropbox flawlessly and keep 100% of the podcast process based on our iPads now. This is a total game-changer if you are serious about wanting to podcast on a pro level. We are able to keep 100% of our podcast production from recording to editing to uploading for iTunes on our iPad Pros. 🔥🔥🔥🔥 Keep up the great work!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.