By Active Interest Media
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
BACKPACKER, the ultimate authority on hiking, camping, survival skills, and outdoor adventure is now available for iPad and iPhone. BACKPACKER will inspire you to discover new places and explore nature wherever you are in the world when you purchase a single copy or one of our subscription plans.
Backpacker Magazine subscription options and terms:
Annual 12 Month Subscription (9 issues): $14.99
Monthly subscription: $1.99/month (1 issue)
Single Issue: $3.99; Annual Gear Guide: $6.99
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. The cost of renewal for an annual subscription is $14.99. The cost of renewal for a monthly subscription is $1.99/month.
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
What's New in Version 1.1.30
Minor bug fixes.
App Works If You Contact Support
I believe a magazine app that features subscriptions is supposed to allow you to download magazines. The makers of this app disagree with me.
Update: I received a response to my review from the developer stating that if I had troubles I should hit the "need help" button. Thanks for the response, I had done that, and thankfully after a week of emails I was able to download issues. That doesn't address my key point: the app should work from the start. I've updated my title to address the developers response and gave them an extra star for having worked with me to get my downloads working. Another issue with this app is that it used to be an interactive version of the magazine, now it's just a nice scan of the pages.
Used to be a 5 Star App
This used be a great app/magazine. It had tons of features that the print version didn’t, extra pictures, video reviews, etc. I really felt like I was getting a great product.
I recently found that I couldn’t download the latest issue. When I contacted support they were able to get it working again but that is when I realized that this now just a scanned magazine. All the features I felt I was paying for are gone. No more videos or features like being able to tap on the cover and it would take you to that feature. They basically just have Zinio scanning the magazine and pasting it into the app. Going back to the print version.
Updated App is now working!
Previous issue has been resolved. Happy to be reading again. Thanks to the fine Customer Service folks!
Cannot download Oct 2017 magazine. Customer Service is poor. Standard re-download app, restore purchases response. Older issues can be downloaded. New issue can NOT. Wished the app was never updated. Suggest paper version of magazine only.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: May 03, 2017
- Version: 1.1.30
- Size: 49.0 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Active Interest Media
- © 2017 Active Interest Media
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Backpacker Subscription$14.99
- Backpacker Subscription$1.99
- BACKPACKER Survival School Lesson 1: Hazards$2.99
- Backpacker April Gear Guide 2015$3.99
- April 2013$6.99
- April 2012$6.99
- Backpack Buyer's Guide$1.99
- October 2012$3.99
- April 2014$6.99
- December/January Issue$3.99