By Active Interest Media
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
BACKPACKER brings the outdoors straight to the reader's doorstep, inspiring and enabling them to go more places and enjoy nature more often. The authority on active adventure, BACKPACKER is the world's first GPS-enabled™ magazine and website. And with the iPad, we're bringing our outdoor expertise right to the palm of your hand.
Here are the details of the Backpacker Magazine subscription offer:
Annual 12 Month Subscription (9 issues): $14.99
Monthly subscription: $1.99/month (1 issue)
Single Issue: $3.99; Annual Gear Guide: $6.99
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. The cost of renewal for an annual subscription is $14.99. The cost of renewal for a monthly subscription is $1.99/month.
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
What's New in Version 7.1
Redesigned for IOS7! Share articles with other readers using AirDrop, pin articles using Pinterest, and much more!
Great if you can get a magazine downloaded
If you have the time to babysit each magazine download, which is HUGE and takes at least an hour, then the product you end up with is pretty great. Lots of interactivity, videos, and useful content. But the whole download process is insanely onerous; you must keep the app open and the iPad awake for the whole process, without switching to any other apps until the download is done. Ridiculous!
Also, I am not at all amused that the upgrade to a new version of the app wiped out all of the issues that I had previously downloaded, issues that are now unavailable to me unless I pay for them AGAIN! Really, Backpacker??!!!
Asking me to buy issues when I have a current description
When I recently downloaded the "updated" version of Backpacker all my content was deleted. To make matters worse, the app no longer realizes I have a valid paid subscription. It asks me to pay for material I've already purchased. It's bad enough that the app wiped out countless download hours of issues, but to double charge me for issues is terrible.
I've tried restarting my iPad, deleting and reinstalling the program,confirming my valid subscription in the iTunes Store - nothing works!
Shame on you backpacker.
Am I rating this app (which is pretty lousy) or a magazine I love.
I will split the difference here. The magazine is probably a five in terms of authoritative, in-depth coverage of its subject matter. But the app is a one. Where does a current hard-copy subscriber log in in order to read the online version without an additional charge? I can't find any indication that this is even possible. Also, the app is a slow-mover. All in all, disappointing.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Oct 29, 2013
- Version: 7.1
- Size: 9.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Active Interest Media
- © 2010 Backpacker Magazine/Active Interest Media
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Backpacker Subscription$14.99
- Backpacker Subscription$1.99
- April 2014$6.99
- March 2014$3.99
- April 2013$6.99
- April 2012$6.99
- BACKPACKER Survival School Lesson 1: Hazards$2.99
- October 2012$3.99
- December/January Issue$3.99
- Backpack Buyer's Guide$1.99