BACKPACKER, the ultimate authority on hiking, camping, survival skills, and outdoor adventure is now available for iPad and iPhone. BACKPACKER will inspire you to discover new places and explore nature wherever you are in the world when you purchase a single copy or one of our subscription plans.
Backpacker Magazine subscription options and terms:
Annual 12 Month Subscription (9 issues): $14.99
Monthly subscription: $1.99/month (1 issue)
Single Issue: $3.99; Annual Gear Guide: $6.99
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. The cost of renewal for an annual subscription is $14.99. The cost of renewal for a monthly subscription is $1.99/month.
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
New Subscriber Login
Ratings and Reviews
Amazing Magazine. Atrocious App.
Backpacker magazine is phenomenal! Stunning photos, great info, the works. The app, however, has been a heap of steaming garbage for ages and it seems to just get worse. I subscribe digitally, even though it’s a bit more expensive. I do this to try and cut down on waste and make the content easier to access (even while on the trail). The app is not optimized for current phones (and hasn’t been for sometime) it’s also buggy as all heck.
Backpacker, please, oh please, update your app to be worthy of the content you put into it! If it doesn’t get updated soon, I’ll have to unsubscribe.
Finally had enough
App has always been pretty glitchy. But for the last year I have still been able to get the issues to download after enough opening and closing of the app, and restoring purchases.
But the last update, (new user login) finally killed that ability. No amount of fiddling around seems to be able to get it to download. The next thing I'm doing after writing this is to cancel my subscription. It's just too much a waste of my time to be with it anymore.
Works fine now
Had a few issues a month ago but subscription services was able to fix it for me. I like being able to read issues on my phone whenever I get a free moment.
- Active Interest Media
- 58.2 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2018 Active Interest Media
- In-App Purchases
- Backpacker Subscription $14.99
- Backpacker Subscription $1.99
- BACKPACKER Survival School Lesson 1: Hazards $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.