By Verizon Wireless
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This app is only for Verizon Wireless users on an iPhone. Download this free application to sync your Backup Assistant contacts to your iPhone. You can then setup optional sync reminders to keep your contacts protected in the Verizon cloud.
What's New in Version 184.108.40.206
- Now easier to setup
- Fixed a bug which caused contacts to be duplicated
- Other miscellaneous bug fixes
Connection times out during manual sync
Figured out the reason why the sync times out when you try and do the manual sync each month is because if you have subsequently tagged your contacts with pictures since the initial sync, then the system is trying to upload your pictures assigned to the contacts and it gets way bogged down and eventually times out. Especially if you have a lot of contacts with photos associated to them. If you remove all of your pictures assigned to contacts the app works great, but that is a waste of time and defeats part of the iPhone Contact app feature of linking a photo to a contact. Because of this reason, better to just sync to Outlook via iTunes.. It syncs fine unlike VZ Contact Transfer and will sync your pictures for contacts really quickly. Figured this out on my own with no help and multiple back and forths from Verizon support for two weeks. Their response was that the VZ Contact transfer app was only designed to migrate users to the iPhone and not be utilized as an ongoing maintenance app like backup assistant. :P
Waste of time for advanced users
It is good for users who:
1. Do not organize photos into folders
2. do not sync folders of photos from a PC to their phone and
3. do not already keep their contacts in a cloud solution like Gmail, outlook or yahoo.
The terrible design points of this app that caused me to delete it are :
1. It will not auto-backup even if you set it at 1am every night for auto backup. Instead it will ask you each night at 1am (even on wifi) for permission to back up. Which means that nothing is being backed up. This is really bad -- it misleads users to think they are backed up when in fact it isn't doing it.
2. All folder organization of synced photos are lost and it just keeps all photos in one big folder. Why this is a problem: if you need to restore then you have lost all grouping organization of your photos.
3. It cannot backup "just the photo roll". For those that sync photo folders from their pc, we only want the photo roll backed up. If there is a phone restore, it is the daily addition of photo roll photos that matters.
This one could easily be powerful but instead it is far too basic.
After reading the reviews I thought 'it's worth a try, what have I got to lose?' And Verizon saved my address book perfectly from my old phone. After losing my phone completely unrecoverable from a swim in the pool, I had NO contacts and this app brought all 193 back to my phone. It took me about 10 minutes to tweak and link to my Facebook imported contacts and voila! Thanks Verizon for getting this one right.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Mar 29, 2013
- Version: 220.127.116.11
- Size: 1.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Verizon Wireless
- © SNCR Copyright - 2000-2012
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.