By Davide Gullo
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Creates a local backup of your Gmail account.
Lightweight, silent and reliable.
BackUp Gmail is the easiest way to backup your Gmail account and protect your data.
* Multiple accounts
* Very simple Restore procedure (with resume feature)
* You can access your data whenever you want: all emails are saved in plain text (.eml format with attachments)
* Install it and forget about it, is a lightweight Status Bar App that works in the background
* Personalize it: how the backup is performed, set-up your destination folders as you wish and and decide if you want an hourly or daily backup of your account (and set the times yourself)
* Snapshots of folders (Gmail labels)
For any questions, or comments, you can email us at email@example.com
You need some Gmail settings: http://backupgmail.m4ss.net/support/gmail-settings/
Read the FAQ: http://backupgmail.m4ss.net/faq/
What's New in Version 1.9.1
- new icons (Retina supported)
- improved performance
- fixed bug on Mailbox relationship
- fixed bug on new Email task
- fixed launch at login
- fixed DateNull folder
Needs 5 stars!
I saw this program in the app store and was almost not going to buy it because of the negitive comments. But since I run a Mac Mini as my #1 computer and my Gmail account is filled up, I decided to give it a try. I must say the setup is so simple to use and the running in background is using the advantage of a Mac, there is nothing to do once it is set up! As for backup size, if you have 10 gigs of Gmail space used, you will have about the same on the saved backup. I highly recommend this software if you have a Mac and as a former Windows user with Gmail Backups, you can’t beat the price. One suggestion is it would be really nice to have a built in viewer of the backup emails. I give this 5 stars!
The purpose of this application is to create a backup of ones gmail account. This program does not seem to be able to do that. Clearly is a waste of money. Sad.