Creates a local backup of your Gmail account.
Lightweight, silent and reliable.
BackUp Gmail is the easiest way to backup your Gmail account and protect your data.
* Multiple accounts
* Very simple Restore procedure (with resume feature)
* You can access your data whenever you want: all emails are saved in plain text (.eml format with attachments)
* Install it and forget about it, is a lightweight Status Bar App that works in the background
* Personalize it: how the backup is performed, set-up your destination folders as you wish and decide if you want an hourly or daily backup of your account (and set the times yourself)
* Snapshots of folders (Gmail labels)
For any questions, or comments, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You need some Gmail settings: http://backupgmail.m4ss.net/support/gmail-settings/
Read the FAQ: http://backupgmail.m4ss.net/faq/
- OAuth2 authorization system on backup and restore procedures
- new Statistics page in Utilities
- moved IMAP transaction logs in a local file (for debug procedure)
Ratings and Reviews
Update on my experience. Great!
Back in October I had written a review of this product and, to put it mildly, I was not happy at all. I could not find any way to get it to work, and I felt that their support staff wasn’t responsive. Since then, they did contact me and spent a LOT of time with me getting it to work. For a 10-dollar app, this was amazing. I’ve spent thousands on computers only to find their support was non existent. Finally got it working (I think the problem was probably my fault in setting it up) and it works great. I have years of emails including a lot of documentation and emails from friends who no longer are with us, and was worried sick about losing them some day.
I cannot recommend this too highly, try it you will love it!
Needs 5 stars!
I saw this program in the app store and was almost not going to buy it because of the negitive comments. But since I run a Mac Mini as my #1 computer and my Gmail account is filled up, I decided to give it a try. I must say the setup is so simple to use and the running in background is using the advantage of a Mac, there is nothing to do once it is set up! As for backup size, if you have 10 gigs of Gmail space used, you will have about the same on the saved backup. I highly recommend this software if you have a Mac and as a former Windows user with Gmail Backups, you can’t beat the price. One suggestion is it would be really nice to have a built in viewer of the backup emails. I give this 5 stars!
Snapshot makes this special
Aside from backing up all you want you can create specific “snapshot” folders of email threads that are most important to you for any reason.
This allows quick rapid review of email trains and items like all the emails in your “home renovation folder” etc.
Remember to use app specific password if you have 2 factor authentification enabled ( which you should) and it works great.
This app is a must have for gmail users.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.