By Davide Gullo
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Creates a local backup of your Gmail account.
Lightweight, silent and reliable.
BackUp Gmail is the easiest way to backup your Gmail account and protect your data.
* Multiple accounts
* Very simple Restore procedure (with resume feature)
* You can access your data whenever you want: all emails are saved in plain text (.eml format with attachments)
* Install it and forget about it, is a lightweight Status Bar App that works in the background
* Personalize it: how the backup is performed, set-up your destination folders as you wish and and decide if you want an hourly or daily backup of your account (and set the times yourself)
For any questions, or comments, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You need some Gmail settings: http://backupgmail.m4ss.net/support/gmail-settings/
Read the FAQ: http://backupgmail.m4ss.net/faq/
What's New in Version 1.9
- new feature: Snapshots of folders (Gmail labels)
- optimization performance
- fixed memory leaks
- fixed bugs
Failed to do the job
It failed to back up gmail. Specifically, it backed up everything to sometime in 2013 and then omitted every more recent email from the backup. The cause was probably that the the app took so long that I needed to shut off the computer to transport it while it was still in 2013. When I restarted the computer and ran the app to finish the job, it declared that it was finished, and even put a little green “checkmark” on the icon. But it was missing everything from 2014.
I don’t want to have to restart it from scratch, only to deal with the same issue down the road.
Works great! Life saver!!
I was devastated when my emails went missing from all of my Gmail folders. I immediately went searching for an email back up and BackUp Gmail has been working great! It definitely brings me peace of mind. Davide is also very prompt and supportive to any needs or questions - Thanks Davide!
The application works well but I’m trying to find out if it backs up the sent folder…. Can’t find any reference to backing up sent items in either the FAQ or application itself.