Supports Final Cut Pro X version 10.1 through 10.4 libraries and Mohave. Supports Final Cut Pro X versions back to 10.0.4.
Ever had your FCP X folders corrupted so you can't launch it? Ever gone down an editing path you didn't like and find you can't undo it? Backups for Final Cut Pro will get you out of such situations.
Install it before you need it!
Backups for Final Cut Pro is like Time Machine® for Final Cut Pro X®! It performs timed and manual snapshots of your FCP X Libraries, Projects and Events.
“Some very cool stuff. There's nothing like it out there” — Larry Jordan
“Life saver — 5 stars
The fact that FCPX doesn't even have a "Save" command, makes me queasy, so "Backups for FCP" comes to the rescue with its "GO" button, letting me save my edits whenever the urge strikes me, as well as letting me backup at scheduled intervals. Now when I edit with FCPX, I feel like I'm wearing a Kevlar life preserver in an ocean full of digital debris and corruption, ready to sink me and all my hard work.” – miggsb
Rate Backups for Final Cut Pro to help make it a success or contact our great support.
What can Backups for Final Cut Pro do?
• Reflecting the fast pace of video editing, Backups for Final Cut Pro creates incremental snapshots of your Libraries, Projects and Events as often as every 2 minutes. The 20 minute backup interval of FCP X can seem like an eternity if you loose your work.
• Consolidates all your Final Cut Pro X data in one place for easy backup and archiving to additional devices.
• It gives you control. You can control how much to backup. You can control what to restore.
• Making labeled snapshots during your editing lets you restore to key steps in your process—"Finished a rough cut", "Finished adding titles", "Ready to export". A description added to a snapshot, describing why you made it, is very handy!
• Lets you restore everything from a given snapshot or selected libraries, projects, folders, events, or Motion templates. You may select what drive to restore to.
• You can back up just the project and event files themselves or add Media, Transcoded Media, Shared Items, or FCP X's own Backup folders.
• Backs up and restores saved Motion projects in your Movies/Motion Templates folder and FCP X version 10.3-4 libraries.
• Ignores Render files. These are easily regenerated.
• Works under Snow Leopard through Mohave.
• Lets you see a list of all your backup snapshots and what files were backed up. You can delete old snapshots.
• “Safe” snapshots. Only completed snapshots are retained. Available disk space is checked before the backup begins.
• “Safe” restores. If to a local drive, replaced files are placed in the Trash—they are never deleted.
• Continually adding new features.
• Now supports Dark Mode in Mohave.
Ratings and Reviews
Exactly what I needed. Well worth the price!!
I had been manually backing up projects for my video business, when I discovered this App. It let me easily set up automatic and manual backups for all my libraries. I love that I can set backup intervals to whatever time period I want.
If I’m currently working on a project I set the intervals to be relatively short. If there have been no changes, it simply skips the backup. So no space is wasted on unnecessary backups. Lets you choose which backup version to restore, with date & timestamps on each.
During a recent power outage I lost the file I was working on in FCPX itself. But I was able to restore the last automatically backed up version from this App, and very little work was lost.
Some things to keep in mind:
-Lots of options. One important one: Consider whether you want/need ‘media' to be backed up.
-FCPX should be closed when a restore is being done.
-I suggest running a backup before doing a restore, just to be on the safe side.
-If you set up an automatic backup, you can always launch it manually as well.
It hasn’t happened often, but I’ve lost EVERYTHING before. And if you have ever worked with digital assets before you know and understand what losing EVERYTHING means. This program is a life saver and there isn’t a better way I can describe it. The most important thing is to make sure that you make sure it is running anytime you’re editing with FCPX. So put a step in your workflow to click this APP and confirm it is running in the background. And then you are safe! Happy editing.
Versatile. Easy. Must have.
A little extra security. Have been using this app for years. Easy to use and manage. Get it.
Completely separate from FCPX internal backups — and that is key!
Critical spoke in my worflow for a very long time.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.