BaconReader for Reddit
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
BaconReader is a tasty Reddit client that lets you enjoy all of the best content and features of popular social news site Reddit. Access news and entertainment content, post links, submit pics and comments, upvote and downvote to your heart’s content – all in a beautiful interface enhanced for easy use on your iPhone or iPad
With features like multiple account support, messages, enhanced search, follow friends, direct image uploads, and a unique subreddit explorer, BaconReader is intuitive and easy to use new and experienced redditors alike.
Join the BaconReader community at r/BaconReader for the latest news and updates on BaconReader features and release plans.
• Supports 3D touch for Front Page thumbnails and Home screen
• Support for multitasking on iPad Air 2 and iPad Pro devices
• New Image/gif viewer: Supports swipe up/down to close and Imgur album captions
• Subscribe, set User and Link flair, submit posts, upvote/downvote, full iPad support -- all for free!
• Reddituploads image display support
• Filtering: Keyword, Domain, and exclude subreddits from r/all
• Switch between multiple accounts and create new ones
• Select Explore from the menu to get started discovering great new content.
• Create and manage multireddits
• Select between list and tile displays – swipe sideways in detail view to access the next story without returning to the front page
• Fast, easy-to-use search for posts, subreddits, and users
• Follow posts/comments made by other redditors by adding them to your Friends list
• Bookmark a subreddit, multireddit or keywords for quick access, without adding it to your front page
• Easily access moderator mail to keep up with subreddits you moderate
• Post images directly to imgur within posts and comments
• Draw on or "meme-ify" posted pictures to enhance the fun through built-in image editor
• Please let us help you get the most out of your BaconReader experience: join the conversation on r/BaconReader
What's New in Version 3.0.1
- Fixed issue with Imgur Albums crashing app in certain posts
- Mark post as read for 3D touch peek and pop
- Workaround for iOS 10 login issue
- Other minor improvements
Why does this app have such a low rating?
This is my preferred method of scrolling through Reddit. I don't know why people are complaining. In one review, someone is saying they have to open pictures and gifs in safari? No you don't. I haven't once had to do that. Just tap on it and it opens in full screen. Slide up and it goes back to the Reddit post. You can scroll left and right between posts, making it more user friendly than even the Reddit website. And I have never once had a problem with the ads. It's literally one tiny little ad at the bottom. It hasn't ever been in the way and it is completely non-intrusive.
This is the best way to browse Reddit, in my opinion. It's fully functional as a Reddit browser, except it's actually more user friendly.
5 stars. No, 10 stars. Great app.
the ad that broke the camel's back
i used to love this app. great UI, intuitive, i actually preferred it to browsing on desktop. but then came the ads. don't get me wrong, i don't mind ads - i get it, you've gotta pay the bills. but like others have pointed out, the ad content seems to somehow be more touch sensitive than the actual posts, or at least placed in such a way that now even tapping accidentally when scrolling will trigger the ad to blow up to full screen. but even THAT didn't dissuade me. click on an ad, x out, whatever, no big deal. now when i open the app it will sometimes start blaring an ad in the background with no warning, no discernible source, and no way to stop it except for closing the app entirely. super fun when at work in an open office space. i never had this issue until a month or so ago. i can't take it anymore, it's intrusive, unnecessary, and embarrassing if it catches you in the wrong moment. deleted.
The ads are ridiculous
No problem with ads being on the app. I have used this app for years with no problem, in fact it was a great experience. However the ads have gotten worse and worse. When you scroll through posts, if your finger is on the screen when an ad appears, it's basically a guarantee that there will be a pop up, which will direct you to safari, which will direct you to some stupid children's app in the App Store. Or, a more recent development is video ads that have audio levels I was unaware my phone was capable of. For whatever reason I ignored all of this for the last few months and kept using the app, however now the app crashes or freezes basically every time I use it. So I'm deleting it, no I won't buy premium, I would rather browse Reddit on my 2007 psp than on this god awful app.
- Category: News
- Updated: Jul 05, 2016
- Version: 3.0.1
- Size: 26.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: OneLouder
- © 2016, OneLouder Apps
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to BaconReader Pro$1.99