BaconReader for Reddit
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
BaconReader is a tasty Reddit client that lets you enjoy all of the best content and features of popular social news site Reddit. Access news and entertainment content, post links, submit pics and comments, upvote and downvote to your heart’s content – all in a beautiful interface enhanced for easy use on your iPhone or iPad
With features like multiple account support, messages, enhanced search, follow friends, direct image uploads, and a unique subreddit explorer, BaconReader is intuitive and easy to use new and experienced redditors alike.
Join the BaconReader community at r/BaconReader for the latest news and updates on BaconReader features and release plans.
• Supports 3D touch for Front Page thumbnails and Home screen
• Support for multitasking on iPad Air 2 and iPad Pro devices
• New Image/gif viewer: Supports swipe up/down to close and Imgur album captions
• Subscribe, set User and Link flair, submit posts, upvote/downvote, full iPad support -- all for free!
• Reddituploads image display support
• Filtering: Keyword, Domain, and exclude subreddits from r/all
• Switch between multiple accounts and create new ones
• Select Explore from the menu to get started discovering great new content.
• Create and manage multireddits
• Select between list and tile displays – swipe sideways in detail view to access the next story without returning to the front page
• Fast, easy-to-use search for posts, subreddits, and users
• Follow posts/comments made by other redditors by adding them to your Friends list
• Bookmark a subreddit, multireddit or keywords for quick access, without adding it to your front page
• Easily access moderator mail to keep up with subreddits you moderate
• Post images directly to imgur within posts and comments
• Draw on or "meme-ify" posted pictures to enhance the fun through built-in image editor
• Please let us help you get the most out of your BaconReader experience: join the conversation on r/BaconReader
What's New in Version 3.0.1
- Fixed issue with Imgur Albums crashing app in certain posts
- Mark post as read for 3D touch peek and pop
- Workaround for iOS 10 login issue
- Other minor improvements
Why does this app have such a low rating?
This is my preferred method of scrolling through Reddit. I don't know why people are complaining. In one review, someone is saying they have to open pictures and gifs in safari? No you don't. I haven't once had to do that. Just tap on it and it opens in full screen. Slide up and it goes back to the Reddit post. You can scroll left and right between posts, making it more user friendly than even the Reddit website. And I have never once had a problem with the ads. It's literally one tiny little ad at the bottom. It hasn't ever been in the way and it is completely non-intrusive.
This is the best way to browse Reddit, in my opinion. It's fully functional as a Reddit browser, except it's actually more user friendly.
5 stars. No, 10 stars. Great app.
Swipe up to exit full screen not ideal for arthritic hands!
This app's integration of Readability is an unfortunate setback for BaconReader users. Instead of being able to view a gif, video, or photo directly from the website it is on, BaconReader redirects users to a third party interface called Readability. This is a host site that is supposed to make a more user-friendly experience but ends up making things look much more complicated instead. Readability's website also fails to include any pictures, meaning that all pictures in the articles users attempt to read on BaconReader are now removed. As a result, BaconReader users are often forced to resort to the "Open in Safari" feature just to view a simple video, GIF, or view a picture. The Readability interface ultimately fails to deliver.
This app is on a rapid downward spiral. Read most of these reviews, the primary complaint is ads. So presumably the developers are hell bent on making more advertising dollars rather than retaining users. The ads are video, auto play, and occasionally pop up. There is no way to disable the sound, or stop the ad. Even clicking on a post doesn't stop the ad, it continues playing in the background obnoxiously loud because if they didn't boost the audio as much as they could, how would they annoy you to levels that would drive you to delete an app you've been using for two years and write such a negative review?
- Category: News
- Updated: Jul 05, 2016
- Version: 3.0.1
- Size: 26.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: OneLouder
- © 2016, OneLouder Apps
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to BaconReader Pro$1.99