Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
By Overhaul Games
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The dawn is especially cruel this morning...
For as long as you can remember your view of the world has been limited to the heavily fortified walls of Candlekeep. Your foster father, Gorion, has done everything in his power to protect you, and keep you out of harm’s way.
All of that is about to change. Forced to leave your home under mysterious circumstances, you find yourself drawn into a conflict that has the Sword Coast on the brink of war. An iron shortage of unknown origin threatens to plunge the city of Baldur’s Gate into conflict with Amn. Meanwhile, there is something else at work, far more sinister than you can even begin to fathom...
Since its release in 1998, this classic saga of mystery, intrigue, and adventure has set the standard for Dungeons & Dragons™ computer roleplaying games. Customize your hero’s traits and abilities, recruit a party of brave allies, and explore the far corners of the Sword Coast in your search for adventure, profit… and the truth.
Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition contains the original 60-hour epic, as well as the following expansions:
* Tales of the Sword Coast: Explore the fabled Durlag’s Tower and more locations from the original Baldur’s Gate expansion.
* The Black Pits: You have been captured and forced to fight in Baeloth’s marvelous arena. A myriad of monsters await, as well as countless other adventurers who face the same fate. Maim, murder, and maul your way to freedom…if you can!
* Brothers Lost: Lend your aid to Rasaad yn Bashir, the Sun Soul Monk, as he scours the Cloud Peaks in search of his lost brother.
* Neera and the Red Wizards: Save the wild mage Neera from the cruel machinations of Thay’s dreaded Red Wizards.
* Path of the Bloodied: Join the blackguard Dorn Il-Khan in taking revenge against those who betrayed him in Luskan.
* Gallery of Heroes: Reimagine your character with eleven never-before-seen character portraits from acclaimed Icewind Dale artist Jason Manley!
* New professionally recorded voice sets to choose from to further customize your character
* Discover countless improvements we’ve made to the original game, including high-resolution fonts, an improved interface, dynamic zooming, and more!
We’re making improvements all the time; join the discussion on our official forums to see what’s coming next!
What's New in Version 1.3.1
Universal App: Buy it once, and play it on your iPad or iPhone.
If a player's access to DLC becomes limited after installing the new patch, please select one of the two main game modes, then "Store," and then "Restore Purchase."
- Saved games can now be exported by long-tapping the Quick Save button during play
- Characters can now be opened in other applications during the Export Character process, including Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition if it is installed
- The battle music now ends correctly after combat ends
- The kit description for the Wizard Slayer now correctly states that all of the Wizard Slayer’s attacks bestow spell failure, not just melee attacks
- The description of the Detect Illusion spell now correctly describes the radius of the effect as 30 feet, and that only enemies of the caster are affected by the spell’s effects
- The game will no longer crash when attempting to join a multiplayer game, with or without a password
- The side panels on the left and right sides of the screen can now be restored on iPhone by tapping the (enlarged) buttons in the bottom left and right corners of the screen
- The descriptions of innate abilities and spells can now be viewed from the gameplay screen by holding and releasing on the spell’s icon
- Double-tapping an item while purchasing equipment now displays a prompt to set a purchase quantity for that item
I played through Baldur's Gate when it was originally released many years ago and played it again five years later and then yet again five years later. Unfortunately, my old computer went toast and I swore off PC gaming forever because of the ridiculous costs and hassles of keeping a computer up to date. I had long thought the iPhone and iPad could make perfect platforms for some old classic games.
And here it is-- Baldur's Gate, in full iPad glory. Zooming made easy, click with a finger, and you can see all containers easily. I just finished it tonight and I'm a completionist, which means I look in every container and in every nook and cranny for content. There were zero problems and many old bugs fixed. [I do wish they would've fixed the old character scripting issue for thieves set to "Thief Aggressive" where pathing is interrupted whenever the thief automatically attempts to hide in shadows and/or a failure of shadow hiding, but alas...]
A friend bought this game for me... I didn't know of its existence on iPad prior to then. Now I'm downloading BG 2 and then Icewind Dale. I do hope Icewind Dale 2 AND Planescape: Torment are in the works!!
Made for the Fingers
Any old school top down RPG or point & click style game feels right at home on iOS! Instead of dragging a cursor around it feels very intuitive to simply point and have your commands met. In lieu of keyboard shortcuts, I actually find this method more enjoyable. The writing here is still the best aspect of the game; funny, engaging, and deep. The entire game has depth, don’t expect to be godlike your first time round - but the fun is deciphering the D&D gameplay mechanics! The only feedback i have preventing BG from getting 5 stars is the lack of iTunes File Sharing. Yes, you are able to export saved games to play on computer & iOS interchangeably. However, on the computer I have several custom portraits I’d like also transferred to iOS. Its not a deal breaker, but sometimes it does pull me out of the story not seeing the characters as I see them in my head. I’ve already purchased the portrait pack, but I like to have NPCs looking unique as well. This was enabled pre 8.3 update, but since it’s been blocked. Enabling the iTunes File sharing for this would be amazing! Overall, thank you Beamdog & Overhaul for giving us the ability to play on the go. Prepared to get hooked, & good luck in Faerûn!
After reading all the "rave reviews" on this PC to ISO port, like an idiot I bought into the hype and purchased this title. One review hit the nail on the head. While graphically stunning, the game is harder than it should be to understand what the Tutorial is actually trying to make you do.
Without an image of the "icon" we are being instructed to use I found myself clicking on everything to find what they were talking about. But after several failed attempts the NPC was kind enough to explain it a little bit better. But it's just not good enough and really talks away from any enjoyment one might expect to get from such a great game.
I highly recommend that no one purchase this title until the Tutorial has been redone so that you can move on and learn as you go.
Do you really think telling us to do one thing after another, for God only knows how long, that we would remember all that stuff? Teach the game to it as we go... Show us as we need to know it.
Oh, and only because I am forced to give it atleast one star, which should be against any thing that resembles a moral, that's all I think it deserves right now. The uninformative tutorial just ruins what should be an awesome beginning to an Epic Quest.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jun 09, 2015
- Version: 1.3.1
- Size: 2.11 GB
- Language: English
- Seller: Overhaul Games Inc.
- © 2012 Beamdog
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Dorn Il-Khan$2.99
- Portrait Pack One$1.99
- Voice Pack One$1.99