The dawn is especially cruel this morning...
For as long as you can remember your view of the world has been limited to the heavily fortified walls of Candlekeep. Your foster father, Gorion, has done everything in his power to protect you, and keep you out of harm’s way.
All of that is about to change. Forced to leave your home under mysterious circumstances, you find yourself drawn into a conflict that has the Sword Coast on the brink of war. An iron shortage of unknown origin threatens to plunge the city of Baldur’s Gate into conflict with Amn. Meanwhile, there is something else at work, far more sinister than you can even begin to fathom...
Since its release in 1998, this classic saga of mystery, intrigue, and adventure has set the standard for Dungeons & Dragons™ computer roleplaying games. Customize your hero’s traits and abilities, recruit a party of brave allies, and explore the far corners of the Sword Coast in your search for adventure, profit… and the truth.
Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition contains the original 60-hour epic, as well as the following expansions:
* Tales of the Sword Coast: Explore the fabled Durlag’s Tower and more locations from the original Baldur’s Gate expansion.
* The Black Pits: You have been captured and forced to fight in Baeloth’s marvelous arena. A myriad of monsters await, as well as countless other adventurers who face the same fate. Maim, murder, and maul your way to freedom…if you can!
* Brothers Lost: Lend your aid to Rasaad yn Bashir, the Sun Soul Monk, as he scours the Cloud Peaks in search of his lost brother.
* Neera and the Red Wizards: Save the wild mage Neera from the cruel machinations of Thay’s dreaded Red Wizards.
* Path of the Bloodied: Join the blackguard Dorn Il-Khan in taking revenge against those who betrayed him in Luskan.
* Gallery of Heroes: Reimagine your character with eleven never-before-seen character portraits from acclaimed Icewind Dale artist Jason Manley!
* New professionally recorded voice sets to choose from to further customize your character
* Discover countless improvements we’ve made to the original game, including high-resolution fonts, an improved interface, dynamic zooming, and more!
We’re making improvements all the time; join the discussion on our official forums to see what’s coming next!
- Added "Font Size" to Graphics Options (changing this during play will empty the combat log)
- While viewing a mage's Spellbook screen, players can now switch to a priest character and the game will immediately switch to the Priest Spells screen (and vice versa)
- Spell scrolls that can be written into a spellbook for the current character now display a green-tinted overlay
- Non-friendly NPCs that are Blinded will no longer stand still; they will wander aimlessly until they are close enough to see someone worth attacking
- Drizzt is now properly equipped with his scimitars, and has been recolored to match his description in the books
- All golems in the game now possess appropriate immunities to Poison, Charm, Hold, Fear, Sleep, and Backstab
- Luck spell no longer erases character's weapon proficiencies
- Improvements to Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Polish, and Turkish languages
- Hundreds of general gameplay improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Crashes constantly about half way through campaign.
Although the game brings back many fond memories from playing the original, I can’t recommend the game due to a couple of issues. The first is just annoying, that the pop-up text boxes for items and areas in the map have microscopic font that is completely unreadable. I could live with this. However, the game frequently crashes when travelling from area to area. Once I got to the Baldur’s gate bridge, I could no longer travel to any area at all, making any further progress in the game impossible. Given that the last update to this game was 2 years ago, it seems unlikely that these bugs will ever be fixed.
Overhaul Games, please fix the text size bug!
I think the game is very good, but it’s been over a year, and the text size bug is still not fixed. I found a slightly helpful work around and that was to modify the game settings file so that it selected “Korean” as the language, as there is no Korean font on my computer, it uses a larger font, but this only helps some.
Most Crashing Game Ever
Played original BG a dozen years ago, so this incarnation was really fun- until the crashing began. In many regions, seemingly impossible to leave the current map w/o crashing. Can’t leave Baldur’s Gate bridge N, S, or W. Cloakwood a nightmare because of crashing. World map sometimes shows grayed or fragmented icons for area maps. Many areas in SW region have the crashing episodes when leaving the local map. Gnoll area not shown at all. Game now seems unplayable.
- Overhaul Games Inc.
- 2.2 GB
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2012 Overhaul Games
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.