Baldur's Gate II:EE
By Overhaul Games
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
“He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you...”
Kidnapped. Imprisoned. Tortured. The wizard Irenicus holds you captive in his stronghold, attempting to strip you of the powers that are your birthright.
Can you resist the evil within you, forge a legend of heroic proportions, and ultimately destroy the dark essence that haunts your dreams? Or will you embrace your monstrous nature, carve a swath of destruction across the realms, and ascend to godhood as the new Lord of Murder?
Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition includes the original Shadows of Amn campaign, as well as the following expansions:
* Throne of Bhaal: Travel to Tethyr in this thrilling conclusion to the Bhaalspawn saga, and delve into the treasure-filled halls of Watcher’s Keep!
* Fist of the Fallen: Help the Sun Soul Monk Rasaad find peace in his quest for vengeance, and determine the fate of a heretical sect.
* The Black Pits II: Gladiators of Thay: Explore the tactical depth of high-level Dungeons & Dragons combat. Turn your captors against each other while you dodge traps and battle for your life against Demi-Liches, Mind Flayers, and the legendary Githyanki.
Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition also offers the following premium content available for purchase:
* A Price Paid in Blood: Join the Blackguard Dorn in carving a swath of destruction across the Realms, as he struggles to appease the increasingly bloody demands of his dark patron.
* A Voice in the Dark: Recruit the mysterious Thief Hexxat and take up her mission of retrieving long-lost artifacts from tombs as far away as Zakhara.
* In Defense of the Wild: Protect the innocent and stand with Neera the Wild Mage against a ruthless school of Red Wizards.
Note: All translations are text only. Voice-overs are played in English.
What's New in Version 1.3
If a player's access to DLC becomes limited after installing the new patch, please select one of the three main game modes, then "Purchase Content", and then "Restore Purchase".
This free update adds support for iPhone, over 500 bug fixes, improved pathfinding, and stabilized multiplayer support. It also features a host of improvements and gameplay enhancements, including text translations for German and Spanish and an in-game option to change the size of the game’s fonts.
For a detailed and comprehensive list of the new features and fixes, visit forum.baldursgate.com/categories/news.
Great play & immersive story
I wanted to write a review, something I've not done on an app before, b/c this was a pretty incredible game. The overall plot was a bit much for me, but the side-quests, variety and interaction amongst characters was enjoyable..like acting out a novel.
Boo causes crash
The game itself is 5 stars. However, currently, if you click on Boo, ever, in Minsc's inventory, it causes the game to crash out!
Pretty Good Port
The game itself is 5 stars for sure, but porting this from PC to iOS is quite a feat. Video, graphics, and voice all work fine on my iPad retina. I wouldn't even try to play this on my iPhone due to screen size. The app crashes rarely. I've played well over 3 hrs without it crashing. Most controls work well enough and by the end of chapter 1 you'll be used to the quirks of using touchscreen input. Just be patient.
Here are some improvements I hope they implement soon:
- add controls for changing the direction the party faces
- improve gesture for splitting items
- select multiple characters at a time without using the drag box, maybe via multitouch or grouping
- fix crash on tapping Boo
Overall a great experience!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Feb 10, 2015
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 2.27 GB
- Language: English
- Seller: Overhaul Games Inc.
- © Copyright 2013 Beamdog
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- New Party Member: Hexxat$2.99
- New Party Member: Neera the Wild Mage$2.99
- New Party Member: Dorn Il-Khan$2.99
- Yanner portrait pack$2.99