Baldur's Gate II:EE
By Overhaul Games
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
“He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you...”
Kidnapped. Imprisoned. Tortured. The wizard Irenicus holds you captive in his stronghold, attempting to strip you of the powers that are your birthright.
Can you resist the evil within you, forge a legend of heroic proportions, and ultimately destroy the dark essence that haunts your dreams? Or will you embrace your monstrous nature, carve a swath of destruction across the realms, and ascend to godhood as the new Lord of Murder?
Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition includes the original Shadows of Amn campaign, as well as the following expansions:
* Throne of Bhaal: Travel to Tethyr in this thrilling conclusion to the Bhaalspawn saga, and delve into the treasure-filled halls of Watcher’s Keep!
* Fist of the Fallen: Help the Sun Soul Monk Rasaad find peace in his quest for vengeance, and determine the fate of a heretical sect.
* The Black Pits II: Gladiators of Thay: Explore the tactical depth of high-level Dungeons & Dragons combat. Turn your captors against each other while you dodge traps and battle for your life against Demi-Liches, Mind Flayers, and the legendary Githyanki.
Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition also offers the following premium content available for purchase:
* A Price Paid in Blood: Join the Blackguard Dorn in carving a swath of destruction across the Realms, as he struggles to appease the increasingly bloody demands of his dark patron.
* A Voice in the Dark: Recruit the mysterious Thief Hexxat and take up her mission of retrieving long-lost artifacts from tombs as far away as Zakhara.
* In Defense of the Wild: Protect the innocent and stand with Neera the Wild Mage against a ruthless school of Red Wizards.
Note: All translations are text only. Voice-overs are played in English.
What's New in Version 1.3
If a player's access to DLC becomes limited after installing the new patch, please select one of the three main game modes, then "Purchase Content", and then "Restore Purchase".
This free update adds support for iPhone, over 500 bug fixes, improved pathfinding, and stabilized multiplayer support. It also features a host of improvements and gameplay enhancements, including text translations for German and Spanish and an in-game option to change the size of the game’s fonts.
For a detailed and comprehensive list of the new features and fixes, visit forum.baldursgate.com/categories/news.
Great port on iPhone 6+
This is a great port of the game. Beamdog really nailed it here and the new characters/writing blend really well with the original content. Better in some cases in fact.
I have put hundreds of hours into this series over the years and I highly recommend this game in this iOS form, but with one caveat. This game needs a slightly larger screen to remain playable. The sidebars issue is very real and game breaking on the iPhone 5. It's simply not a problem on an iPhone 6+, the regular 6 might be okay too, but I haven't tried playing on one.
Changing my review to one star. The sidebars are broken. If you close them you can't open them back up again on the iPhone. Basically, this means game over. It doesn't matter if you close them by accident or not because they will eventually close on their own after you save a game, then it's game over.
The issue is that the button is too far below the screen to tap and open again.
Do not download for iPhone until issue is fixed!
* the posted screen shots is exactly how it looks on the iPhone. The button to open and close sidebars are barely visible. You can close them but you can't open
Triumphs the test of time!
Baldurs Gate 2 is the greatest cRPG ever created, and it lends itself effortlessly as an iPhone App. The game play is smoother with screen taps compared to mouse clicks of the past. The control panels are easily brought back up when accidentally closed contrary to some other reviews. My only gripe is a glaring error with Minsc's hamster. When you click it, it crashes the game on my app. I'm sure it'd be fixed soon enough with the next patch.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Feb 10, 2015
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 1.98 GB
- Language: En
- Seller: Overhaul Games Inc.
- © Copyright 2013 Beamdog
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- New Party Member: Hexxat$2.99
- New Party Member: Neera the Wild Mage$2.99
- New Party Member: Dorn Il-Khan$2.99
- Yanner portrait pack$2.99