Baldur's Gate II:EE
By Overhaul Games
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
“He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you...”
Kidnapped. Imprisoned. Tortured. The wizard Irenicus holds you captive in his stronghold, attempting to strip you of the powers that are your birthright.
Can you resist the evil within you, forge a legend of heroic proportions, and ultimately destroy the dark essence that haunts your dreams? Or will you embrace your monstrous nature, carve a swath of destruction across the realms, and ascend to godhood as the new Lord of Murder?
Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition includes the original Shadows of Amn campaign, as well as the following expansions:
* Throne of Bhaal: Travel to Tethyr in this thrilling conclusion to the Bhaalspawn saga, and delve into the treasure-filled halls of Watcher’s Keep!
* Fist of the Fallen: Help the Sun Soul Monk Rasaad find peace in his quest for vengeance, and determine the fate of a heretical sect.
* The Black Pits II: Gladiators of Thay: Explore the tactical depth of high-level Dungeons & Dragons combat. Turn your captors against each other while you dodge traps and battle for your life against Demi-Liches, Mind Flayers, and the legendary Githyanki.
Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition also offers the following premium content available for purchase:
* A Price Paid in Blood: Join the Blackguard Dorn in carving a swath of destruction across the Realms, as he struggles to appease the increasingly bloody demands of his dark patron.
* A Voice in the Dark: Recruit the mysterious Thief Hexxat and take up her mission of retrieving long-lost artifacts from tombs as far away as Zakhara.
* In Defense of the Wild: Protect the innocent and stand with Neera the Wild Mage against a ruthless school of Red Wizards.
Note: All translations are text only. Voice-overs are played in English.
What's New in Version 1.3
If a player's access to DLC becomes limited after installing the new patch, please select one of the three main game modes, then "Purchase Content", and then "Restore Purchase".
This free update adds support for iPhone, over 500 bug fixes, improved pathfinding, and stabilized multiplayer support. It also features a host of improvements and gameplay enhancements, including text translations for German and Spanish and an in-game option to change the size of the game’s fonts.
For a detailed and comprehensive list of the new features and fixes, visit forum.baldursgate.com/categories/news.
Worth the money
Amazing they can put a game of this scope on a mobile device. I've played neverwinter nights on pc, this game draws you in so much more,and on an first gen ipad mini instead of a 17 inch screen.
A few minor hiccups,screen freeze here and there, just make sure to save often,close the app and restart.
There is so much online info on this game any question you will have is right there. If you're into detailed oriented RPGs this is a must buy.I retract ed my last statement my issues with the game were caused by my not understanding the game mechanics and nt the game itself, other than a few issues (the circus tent) this has played smooth, I agree with the others who say this might be the best video game ever made.
Really fun to play. Hours of gameplay.
The game can bug out. What game wont? Just make save games often and make more than one save copy once in a while. I just use autosave and it will autosave a new char over an old char.
I love the option to build my own party of adventurers through the multiplayer option.
It is easy, go to multiplayer, click Create Game.
Make a session name, ignore making a pw.
Then Either make a new game or load a previous multiplayer save file.
You will end up at the "character arbitration" page. Click on create character and do your thing. I love clicking hundreds of times on the stats reroll until I hit the 96+ lol!
You might want to leave one character spot open for NPC's. You get a lot of experience from their NPC quests.
Once you make your characters click the checkmarks for each character. And finally click done.
There are a lot of great guides online for this game. The interface is overwhelming especially mage or cleric spell lists but it is worth getting used to.
Happy rolling those dice!
Great port on iPhone 6+
This is a great port of the game. Beamdog really nailed it here and the new characters/writing blend really well with the original content. Better in some cases in fact.
I have put hundreds of hours into this series over the years and I highly recommend this game in this iOS form, but with one caveat. This game needs a slightly larger screen to remain playable. The sidebars issue is very real and game breaking on the iPhone 5. It's simply not a problem on an iPhone 6+, the regular 6 might be okay too, but I haven't tried playing on one.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Feb 10, 2015
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 1.98 GB
- Language: English
- Seller: Overhaul Games Inc.
- © Copyright 2013 Beamdog
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- New Party Member: Hexxat$2.99
- New Party Member: Neera the Wild Mage$2.99
- New Party Member: Dorn Il-Khan$2.99
- Yanner portrait pack$2.99