Ballistic Advanced: JBM Ballistics Calculator
By Peak Studios LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
** 4th of July SALE - SAVE 50% on the #1 Ballistic Calculator **
*** Ballistic: Normally USD$29.99 / NOW $14.99 ***
For serious shooters who are serious about their shot!!!
••• The most advanced ballistics calculator on the market
••• Trusted by the best: Armed Forces / Shooting Instructors / Lifelong Marksmen
5 STARS: "I shoot on Team Louisiana Precision Rifles in Tactical rifle matches. Everyone on the team that uses Ballistic has had great results. This program has really been a game changer in the precision rifle world." - Bannon
5 STARS: "I have used this app for my 308 Rem 700 to my 338 Lapua. I have made some fun shots using this app. I have been using it ever since it was an iPhone app. US Marine Approved. Thanks!" - Ob1goose
5 STARS: "I used the data from Ballistic for a cold bore shot at 760 yards and center punched the plate. Sent another right on top of it. Done. No loading hassle or BS, just accuracy!" - Rick
Ballistic is a highly-accurate ballistic calculator and range companion. With its advanced capabilities, Ballistic can calculate for atmospheric conditions, Coriolis effect, gyroscopic spin, and more. It's also much more. With a vast library of nearly 5,000 projectiles and factory loads, rangefinder, range log, and head-up display, Ballistic is a complete mobile companion for hunting or at the range.
Ballistic's world renowned JBM ballistics engine delivers the gold standard in calculations that other applications compare themselves to.
Advanced Edition Features:
- NEW: iPhone 6 internal barometer supported
- NEW: Kestrel K5 LiNK / Drop integration (in-app purchase)
- An advanced head-up display for mounted operation
- Advanced wind kit configurable for up to 8 wind sources
- Bryan Litz' custom G7 ballistic coefficients
- 3D Trajectory imaging for visualizing bullet path
- Mil-Dot ballistics head-up display
- World renowned JBM ballistics engine for the most precise, accurate calculations in the industry.
- Load Library: Nearly 5,000 commercial and military projectiles and factory loads from leading manufacturers or specify your own projectile properties. Includes latest commercial data and military coefficients established at Aberdeen Proving Grounds. Also includes Bryan Litz' advanced G7 ballistic coefficients and bullet lengths.
- iCloud Sync: Sync your favorites, optics profiles & range log to all of your other devices
- One-Touch Atmospheric Correction: Instantly adjust your calculations for zero or current atmosphere. Weather updated based on your current location (from a weather service), or enter your own atmospheric values.
- Advanced Wind Kit: Powerful tool enabling you to create complex wind configurations for up to eight different wind sources!
- Variable (Stepped) BCs: Includes many popular commercial projectiles from select manufacturers, for more precise calculations.
- Ballistic Charts: Display a chart of the current projectile including drop, energy, and velocity. Compare wind drift. Compare up to eight projectiles on the same chart. Zoom charts up to 300% and save a full size chart to your photo album.
- HUD: Full featured Mil-Dot ballistics head-up display; estimate using on-screen Mil-dot reticle, and see milling holdovers, with easy on-screen adjustment.
- Target Log: Keep a journal of all your hunts, shoots, adjustments, points of impact, and scores. Includes group calculator, integrated score log, multiple target types, and camera and GPS support. Generate cold barrel and scoring reports for each rifle.
- Angular Acquisition: Aim the device at the target like a remote control, or mount on your weapon to receive real-time angular correction.
- Adjustable Units: Elevation and windage output units in inches, centimeters, arcminutes, milliradians, and click values ranging from full click to 1/8 click (or custom click values).
- Calculate your own ballistic coefficients based on two chronograph measurements, or data from the back of an ammo box.
... and much more!
What's New in Version 6.2.4
Included in this update:
• Updated library to add new loads
• Fixed photo upload to target log
• Other bug fixes & improvements
Please email us if you run into any issues:
If you enjoy using Ballistic, please take a minute to leave a review in the App Store. If you've reviewed a previous version please resubmit it as ratings reset with each update. We really appreciate your support!
Great Ballistics Program
I don't usually write reviews and I am fairly new to precision shooting. But this program allowed me to go out and make accurate shots at 500 yards with hand loads. And by accurate I mean within a 6x6 inch plate (second shot after adjusting for wind). This app has a lot of features, which might be a little overwhelming for the first time user. But as soon as I got everything calibrated for my rifle, the ballistic charts are fantastic for my .308 ... Great app and in my opinion worth every dollar. The app is regularly updated and as I'm writing this review a new version is currently in beta. Very excited to see what results I get at further ranges.
Edit: used again for 1100 yards with my 6.5 creedmoor and shooting 12 inch steel plate. Got multiple hits, and initially really got me close to target. Have to do some adjustment, and verify hits at prior ranges. But great app! Highly recommended
A must for shooting beyond 500 yards!
You still have to compensate for crosswind jump (Magnus effect), but the ballistic engine is solid. Always use field impact data to true your dope before taking anything to the bank, but BAE will get you in the ballpark right away. BC changes with velocity so the mfg. uses an average that may be different than yours. A box test on the optic is also a good idea to rule out variables. I've been very pleased with this app. Comes with electronic version of a mil-dot master for ranging and more. Great bang for the buck.
A whole lot of value for very little cost
This thing works really well after a short learning curve. Let's you compare different projectiles and loads quickly. It even loads in your current weather conditions. I have learned a lot about different loads and calibers by comparing their performance against each other.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Apr 18, 2017
- Version: 6.2.4
- Size: 15.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Peak Studios LLC
- © 2008-2017 Peak Studios LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Kestrel LiNK$19.99