Ballistic: Advanced Edition
By Peak Studios LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Ballistic: Advanced Edition, 6th Edition
"I shoot on Team Louisiana Precision Rifles in Tactical rifle matches. Everyone on the team that uses Ballistic has had great results. This program has really been a game changer in the precision rifle world."
- Bannon (Louisiana)
"Great app. Helped me prepare for my antelope hunt in Wyoming. Having some for dinner tonight at my friend's restaurant. Thanks again."
- George (New York)
"I used the data from Ballistic for a cold bore shot at 760 yards and center punched the plate. Sent another right on top of it. Done. No loading hassle or BS, just accuracy!"
- Rick (New Mexico)
NOTE: A few people have written 1-star reviews without contacting us for help. These are almost all due to user error. Please contact us if you run into any issues and we're happy to help.
Ballistic is a highly-accurate ballistic calculator and range companion. With its advanced capabilities, Ballistic can calculate for atmospheric conditions, Coriolis effect, gyroscopic spin, and more. It's also much more. With a vast library of nearly 5,000 projectiles and factory loads, rangefinder, range log, and head-up display, Ballistic is a complete mobile companion for hunting or at the range.
Ballistic's world renowned JBM ballistics engine delivers the gold standard in calculations that other applications compare themselves to.
Advanced Edition Features:
- NEW: iPhone 6 internal barometer supported
- An advanced head-up display for mounted operation
- Advanced wind kit configurable for up to 8 wind sources
- Bryan Litz' custom G7 ballistic coefficients
- 3D Trajectory imaging for visualizing bullet path
- Mil-Dot ballistics head-up display
- World renowned JBM ballistics engine for the most precise, accurate calculations in the industry.
- Load Library: Nearly 5,000 commercial and military projectiles and factory loads from leading manufacturers or specify your own projectile properties. Includes latest commercial data and military coefficients established at Aberdeen Proving Grounds. Also includes Bryan Litz' advanced G7 ballistic coefficients and bullet lengths.
- iCloud Sync: Sync your favorites and range log to all of your other devices
- One-Touch Atmospheric Correction: Instantly adjust your calculations for zero or current atmosphere. Weather updated based on your current location (from a weather service), or enter your own atmospheric values.
- Advanced Wind Kit: Powerful tool enabling you to create complex wind configurations for up to eight different wind sources!
- Variable (Stepped) BCs: Includes many popular commercial projectiles from select manufacturers, for more precise calculations.
- Ballistic Charts: Display a chart of the current projectile including drop, energy, and velocity. Compare wind drift. Compare up to eight projectiles on the same chart. Trajectory charts display the projectile's path across multiple altitudes and angles. Zoom charts up to 300% or save a full size chart to your photo album.
- HUD: Full featured Mil-Dot ballistics head-up display; estimate using on-screen Mil-dot reticle, and see milling holdovers, with easy on-screen adjustment.
- Target Log: Keep a journal of all your hunts, shoots, adjustments, points of impact, and scores. Includes group calculator, integrated score log, multiple target types, and camera and GPS support. Load as a zero atmosphere later in calculations. Generate cold barrel and scoring reports for each rifle.
- Angular Acquisition: Aim the device at the target like a remote control, or mount on your weapon to receive real-time angular correction.
- Adjustable Units: Elevation and windage output units in inches, centimeters, arcminutes, milliradians, and click values ranging from full click to 1/8 click (or custom click values).
- Calculate your own ballistic coefficients based on two chronograph measurements, or data from the back of an ammo box.
... and much more!
What's New in Version 6.0.1
Exciting update which includes:
• NEW: Barometer support for iPhone 6
• Fixes target log group analytics calculations
• Lots of other bug fixes & improvements
Please email us if you run into any issues:
If you enjoy using Ballistic, please take a minute to leave a review in the App Store. If you've reviewed a previous version please resubmit it as ratings reset with each update. We really appreciate your support!
Great app but takes a little practice
This is a great ballistics calculator and works extremely well. However it takes a bit of practice to learn to use all of the capabilities of the tool properly. I especially like the complete database of commercial ammunition loads although there are some New manufacturers and makers of remanufactured ammo that probably could be added to some benefit.i'd also like to see some more advanced reticles added to the heads up display so that modern optics could be printed out with dope calculated and printed based on the reticle like the iStrelok app does. But I prefer the ballistics computations in this app to the iStrelok app. It might even make sense for the makers of this app to form a partnership where they share data between the two apps. That would save having to rewrite software to do the same thing twice.
Great Ballistics Program
I don't usually write reviews and I am fairly new to precision shooting. But this program allowed me to go out and make accurate shots at 500 yards with hand loads. And by accurate I mean within a 6x6 inch plate (second shot after adjusting for wind). This app has a lot of features, which might be a little overwhelming for the first time user. But as soon as I got everything calibrated for my rifle, the ballistic charts are fantastic for my .308 ... Great app and in my opinion worth every dollar. The app is regularly updated and as I'm writing this review a new version is currently in beta. Very excited to see what results I get at further ranges.
Fantastic app, have used it for years for long distance ground hog hunting. I have connected on shots out to 1200yds. Data is extremely accurate, I can't say that I have ever missed a shot due to elevation errors. If I do miss its usually because of mis-reading wind, or the mechanics of shooting. HUD is fast and easy, allowing me to get on target quickly before the hog goes away. Was a sniper in the Corp back in the day, wished I had it then.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Feb 21, 2015
- Version: 6.0.1
- Size: 8.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Peak Studios LLC
- © 2008-2015 Peak Studios LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.