Ballistic: Advanced Edition - JBM Ballistics Trajectory Calculator, Rangefinder & Target Shooting Log
By Peak Studios LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Ballistic: Advanced Edition, 6th Edition
"I shoot on Team Louisiana Precision Rifles in Tactical rifle matches. Everyone on the team that uses Ballistic has had great results. This program has really been a game changer in the precision rifle world."
- Bannon (Louisiana)
"I used the data from Ballistic for a cold bore shot at 760 yards and center punched the plate. Sent another right on top of it. Done. No loading hassle or BS, just accuracy!"
- Rick (New Mexico)
Ballistic is a highly-accurate ballistic calculator and range companion. With its advanced capabilities, Ballistic can calculate for atmospheric conditions, Coriolis effect, gyroscopic spin, and more. It's also much more. With a vast library of nearly 5,000 projectiles and factory loads, rangefinder, range log, and head-up display, Ballistic is a complete mobile companion for hunting or at the range.
Ballistic's world renowned JBM ballistics engine delivers the gold standard in calculations that other applications compare themselves to.
Advanced Edition Features:
- NEW: iPhone 6 internal barometer supported
- An advanced head-up display for mounted operation
- Advanced wind kit configurable for up to 8 wind sources
- Bryan Litz' custom G7 ballistic coefficients
- 3D Trajectory imaging for visualizing bullet path
- Mil-Dot ballistics head-up display
- World renowned JBM ballistics engine for the most precise, accurate calculations in the industry.
- Load Library: Nearly 5,000 commercial and military projectiles and factory loads from leading manufacturers or specify your own projectile properties. Includes latest commercial data and military coefficients established at Aberdeen Proving Grounds. Also includes Bryan Litz' advanced G7 ballistic coefficients and bullet lengths.
- iCloud Sync: Sync your favorites, optics profiles & range log to all of your other devices
- One-Touch Atmospheric Correction: Instantly adjust your calculations for zero or current atmosphere. Weather updated based on your current location (from a weather service), or enter your own atmospheric values.
- Advanced Wind Kit: Powerful tool enabling you to create complex wind configurations for up to eight different wind sources!
- Variable (Stepped) BCs: Includes many popular commercial projectiles from select manufacturers, for more precise calculations.
- Ballistic Charts: Display a chart of the current projectile including drop, energy, and velocity. Compare wind drift. Compare up to eight projectiles on the same chart. Trajectory charts display the projectile's path across multiple altitudes and angles. Zoom charts up to 300% or save a full size chart to your photo album.
- HUD: Full featured Mil-Dot ballistics head-up display; estimate using on-screen Mil-dot reticle, and see milling holdovers, with easy on-screen adjustment.
- Target Log: Keep a journal of all your hunts, shoots, adjustments, points of impact, and scores. Includes group calculator, integrated score log, multiple target types, and camera and GPS support. Load as a zero atmosphere later in calculations. Generate cold barrel and scoring reports for each rifle.
- Angular Acquisition: Aim the device at the target like a remote control, or mount on your weapon to receive real-time angular correction.
- Adjustable Units: Elevation and windage output units in inches, centimeters, arcminutes, milliradians, and click values ranging from full click to 1/8 click (or custom click values).
- Calculate your own ballistic coefficients based on two chronograph measurements, or data from the back of an ammo box.
... and much more!
What's New in Version 6.1.0
Included in this update:
• iOS9 compatibility & bug fixes
• Updated library to add new loads
• Crash fix when auto-selecting best loads
• More speed improvements
Please email us if you run into any issues:
If you enjoy using Ballistic, please take a minute to leave a review in the App Store. If you've reviewed a previous version please resubmit it as ratings reset with each update. We really appreciate your support!
A great tool to have.
Ballistic is a great tool, but a tool is only as good as the way it is intended and used. Number 1 rule with any applied ballistics is"garbage in garbage out" if you truly know what you are doing this app will work just as good as any other ballistic computer IMO. I've used many ballistic computers as well as making my own dope charts. Ballistic is ran off of JBM ballistics which I use for making up quick dope cards. This app make it so that I am not carrying around a binder in the field with all my dope cards and charts. I found this app very useful and first time using just the app I was making hit out to 1000+ yards. Worth the money when comparing to a kestrel
Not only is this app well done and extremely well supported, all the features work great and the ballistic calcs are dead-on.
I've used it for .338 Lapua, .308 Winchester, 6.5 Creedmor, 45-70 Government, .30 Carbine, and even .22LR. Database of loads is impressive and the ability to load custom reload data is terrific.
I LOVE THIS APP!!!
I have had perfect results out to 1,000 yards. I have had no problems with this app and it has helped me out very much. I would pay double for it after using it for three different rifles. Spot on.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Nov 15, 2015
- Version: 6.1.0
- Size: 11.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Peak Studios LLC
- © 2008-2015 Peak Studios LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.