Ballistic: Advanced Edition
By Peak Studios LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Ballistic: Advanced Edition, 6th Edition
"I shoot on Team Louisiana Precision Rifles in Tactical rifle matches. Everyone on the team that uses Ballistic has had great results. This program has really been a game changer in the precision rifle world."
- Bannon (Louisiana)
"Great app. Helped me prepare for my antelope hunt in Wyoming. Having some for dinner tonight at my friend's restaurant. Thanks again."
- George (New York)
"I used the data from Ballistic for a cold bore shot at 760 yards and center punched the plate. Sent another right on top of it. Done. No loading hassle or BS, just accuracy!"
- Rick (New Mexico)
NOTE: A few people have written 1-star reviews without contacting us for help. These are almost all due to user error. Please contact us if you run into any issues and we're happy to help.
Ballistic is a highly-accurate ballistic calculator and range companion. With its advanced capabilities, Ballistic can calculate for atmospheric conditions, Coriolis effect, gyroscopic spin, and more. It's also much more. With a vast library of nearly 5,000 projectiles and factory loads, rangefinder, range log, and head-up display, Ballistic is a complete mobile companion for hunting or at the range.
Ballistic's world renowned JBM ballistics engine delivers the gold standard in calculations that other applications compare themselves to.
Advanced Edition Features:
- NEW: iPhone 6 internal barometer supported
- An advanced head-up display for mounted operation
- Advanced wind kit configurable for up to 8 wind sources
- Bryan Litz' custom G7 ballistic coefficients
- 3D Trajectory imaging for visualizing bullet path
- Mil-Dot ballistics head-up display
- World renowned JBM ballistics engine for the most precise, accurate calculations in the industry.
- Load Library: Nearly 5,000 commercial and military projectiles and factory loads from leading manufacturers or specify your own projectile properties. Includes latest commercial data and military coefficients established at Aberdeen Proving Grounds. Also includes Bryan Litz' advanced G7 ballistic coefficients and bullet lengths.
- iCloud Sync: Sync your favorites and range log to all of your other devices
- One-Touch Atmospheric Correction: Instantly adjust your calculations for zero or current atmosphere. Weather updated based on your current location (from a weather service), or enter your own atmospheric values.
- Advanced Wind Kit: Powerful tool enabling you to create complex wind configurations for up to eight different wind sources!
- Variable (Stepped) BCs: Includes many popular commercial projectiles from select manufacturers, for more precise calculations.
- Ballistic Charts: Display a chart of the current projectile including drop, energy, and velocity. Compare wind drift. Compare up to eight projectiles on the same chart. Trajectory charts display the projectile's path across multiple altitudes and angles. Zoom charts up to 300% or save a full size chart to your photo album.
- HUD: Full featured Mil-Dot ballistics head-up display; estimate using on-screen Mil-dot reticle, and see milling holdovers, with easy on-screen adjustment.
- Target Log: Keep a journal of all your hunts, shoots, adjustments, points of impact, and scores. Includes group calculator, integrated score log, multiple target types, and camera and GPS support. Load as a zero atmosphere later in calculations. Generate cold barrel and scoring reports for each rifle.
- Angular Acquisition: Aim the device at the target like a remote control, or mount on your weapon to receive real-time angular correction.
- Adjustable Units: Elevation and windage output units in inches, centimeters, arcminutes, milliradians, and click values ranging from full click to 1/8 click (or custom click values).
- Calculate your own ballistic coefficients based on two chronograph measurements, or data from the back of an ammo box.
... and much more!
What's New in Version 6.0.2
Another big update, including:
• 64-bit support
• Fix for barometric pressure
• Major upgrade to the About screen
• Lots of other bug fixes & improvements
Please email us if you run into any issues:
If you enjoy using Ballistic, please take a minute to leave a review in the App Store. If you've reviewed a previous version please resubmit it as ratings reset with each update. We really appreciate your support!
Great ballistics tool
This is the best app and tool to have whether military or competitive shooter. when I am working on new loads and prepping for competition or training for long range solutions for scope set up and load data. I have been able to dial in solutions from .22LR shoots to .308 long range in F class. I Create dope cards using this app and have used it to adjust from 300 yard target using the app data use the input data provided to adjust my scope to the data and hit 1000 yard target on the first shot. Following the directions is easy and as long as user inputs correct data following the step by step parameters this app will provide spot on solutions. I recommend to any serious shooter competitive or military.
The BEST Ballistic app!!!
As regular shooters, my friends and I have tried out a number of ballistic apps at the range. Ballistic is without doubt our favorite, we all use it every time, I've even got it on my iPad too! Useful, informative, fun and easy to use!
The new Ballistic App Facebook page has been a great way to post and share comments and pics of our setups and groupings with other shooters.
Best ballistic calc I’ve seen to date. Tried this in a couple locations off of one zero at 200 yds with a brand new factory load. It chrono’d lower than the box (which don’t) but one quick adjustment to velocity and it was dead on. Took a while to get used to the GUI but I’m a believer. Get this one. It’s well worth the money!
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Mar 13, 2015
- Version: 6.0.2
- Size: 10.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Peak Studios LLC
- © 2008-2015 Peak Studios LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.