Now there's a simple, elegant and customizable way to get all of the Baltimore Sun's exclusive, premium storytelling on your iPhone and iPad.
• Stay informed with Baltimore's best source of news, sports, business and entertainment
• Sign up for push notifications to get the latest news from our newsroom as soon as stories break
• Enjoy exclusive videos and photo galleries
• Edit the section list to be in your preferred order
• Save must-read stories, photos and videos for when you have the time to enjoy them
• Turn your device sideways for an entirely different visual view of the news (iPad only)
• Get the latest breaking news from our newsroom in your notifications
• Share stories easily with Twitter, Facebook, or email
• Offline reading: Download and read content offline
• See your progress: Articles that have been read are greyed out to make your reading experience more efficient
• For full access, try two free months of Unlimited Digital Access to the app, the Baltimore Sun website, and our eNewspaper; then it's only $7.99 a month. Make sure to create a registration while in the app so you'll be able to log in to the website and eNewspaper when you visit them in web browsers.
• Your subscription automatically renews each month unless auto-renew is turned off within your Account Settings at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• Your iTunes account will be charged $7.99 for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
• You can read our Terms of Service here: http://www.tribpub.com/central-terms-of-service/
• Questions about your subscription, including adding or removing Web access to the Baltimore Sun website from your app access, can be directed to Customer Service: 888-539-1280.
CRASHES / PROBLEMS?
We've been working hard to fix any and all crashes in the app. If you're still experiencing crashes or freezes after installing this update, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. A quick email to our support team helps our developers identify and resolve crashes faster.
-Bug fixes to address app stability.
Ratings and Reviews
Good luck reading breaking news
This app freezes up while trying to open stories. It’s been doing it for well over a year — and during that time I upgraded from an iPhone 7 to a 10, which didn’t matter. Sometimes I can read a few stories before it happens, sometimes it’s the first story I try to read. And in those instances, there’s no amount of quitting and restarting the app that helps, short of coming back a day later to access the same story. So much for reading “breaking news”.
Terrible support from the Baltimore Sun
I purchased a subscription through the App Store, but for whatever reason the link between the App Store subscription and the Baltimore sun website doesn’t stay linked. Just to be clear reading in the app isn’t a problem, but linking the subscription so you can fully utilize the “digital all access” you’re paying for is not a smooth experience and the customer support reps are not helpful at getting it re-linked.
Hopeless. Freezes constantly, crashes often.
I want to like this app. I really, really do. But it’s pretty much a complete waste. On a good day maybe I can get through three stories before it freezes up. Then there are days like today when reading even one seems hopeless. Please get this fixed - or I’m out of here. I’m getting almost nothing for my subscription.
- Tribune Company
- 114.9 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2016 Baltimore Sun
- In-App Purchases
- Unlimited Digital Access $7.99
- News App Only $4.99
- Unlimited Digital Access $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.