BandList is a simple list application for your Microsoft Band. Groceries, gifts or tasks this app will allow you to create items on your iPhone, view and check them off on your Band.
How to use the app:
- Open the app and ensure the Microsoft Band is within Bluetooth range.
- Add the tile to your Band when requested.
- Add items to the iPhone app, where you can assign category and order them.
- Press the sync button when you are ready to push data to the band. Five items will be pushed to the band at once (Limitation of the Band)
- Now the items can be seen from the Band. Pressing the Complete button will remove them from your iPhone. Every third item you complete the list will auto refresh.
Now you can wander around the grocery store checking things off your list without ever looking at your phone!
- Added new SDK, which should fix the "No more tiles available issue"
- Latest App: Health Ark for Microsoft Band now available for OS X! Allows you to view your health data offline, any time! Look for 'Microsoft Band' on the Mac App Store!
Ratings and Reviews
Great Todo List App for Band
Coming from Windows Phone, I was used to the abundance of Band-friendly apps on that platform. Of course iOS pushes their Apple Watch as the go to wearable device. But I'm happy to say that this dev did an amazing job creating an excellent set of Band-friendly apps to fill in gaps from what I used to use on Windows Phone. They're all worth checking out if you own a Microsoft Band or Band 2!
This app in particular lets me sync my todo lists with my band. It's a lot more robust than I was expecting, with the ability to sort tasks between different lists. In addition, the app on the Band has buttons to mark each task as complete, so I don't have to pull out my phone at all. Very handy when I'm trying to avoid procrastination while getting work done.
Something that would be really cool is if someday the app could integrate with a service like Wunderlist. Getting my tasks from there to auto sync to my Band would be a dream come true. Heck, I'd even pay for that feature to help support the dev. But regardless thanks for the excellent suite of Band apps!
This app is based on a really good idea. However, a couple of issues make it more of a novelty than a useful tool. First, the items on a list are extremely easy to check as "completed" when simply scrolling through the list. The only remedy for that appears to be dragging out your phone and re-typing inadvertently "completed" items. That leads to the second issue. The usefulness of the app would skyrocket if you could save commonly used items on the app so you didn't have to re-type them each time you want to add them.
Great app - great developer
While it's a bit buggy, this app is great for the MS Band! In fact, all of this developer's apps are wonderful! I hope a barcode keychain is next. Something for the MS Band 2 that will hold multiple barcodes. That would be awesome!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.