The BandHelper app works with your BandHelper account to share info with your bandmates, streamline your management duties and power your live show.
ALL THE INFO YOUR BAND NEEDS TO SHARE
Load your BandHelper account with your songs, set lists, lyrics, chord charts, reference recordings, videos, notes, events and contact info and they appear on all of your bandmates' mobile devices automatically. If inspiration strikes during a rehearsal, make a quick recording in the app and that will be synced, too. With this info at everyone's fingertips, you'll spend less time remembering what you talked about at the last rehearsal and more time becoming a better band.
YOUR COMMAND CENTER ON STAGE
The BandHelper app evolved from the popular Set List Maker app and shares the same on-stage functionality. Auto-scroll lyrics, play backing tracks and click tracks through separate audio ports or inter-app audio, and configure MIDI-compatible sound and lighting equipment as you move from song to song. You can control BandHelper with MIDI or Bluetooth footswitches, and link together multiple devices for screen sharing or remote control on stage.
TIME-SAVING FEATURES FOR BAND LEADERS
Scheduling gigs is a snap with BandHelper's automated email messages to ask your bandmates' availability, send updates if the details of a gig change, and send reminders before the gig. You can build and send stage plots with a drag-and-drop interface. And splitting the money after a gig is easy with BandHelper's features to track income (performance fees, merch sales, tips) and expenses (gas, food, rentals) and calculate each band member's share of the profit.
MOBILE, WEB AND WATCH INTERFACES
Besides its native mobile apps, BandHelper includes a web interface for efficient data entry, and an Apple Watch app for quick access on the go. You can enter your band's data from any device connected to your account, and BandHelper will sync it to all the others automatically.
>>> If you have a problem or a suggestion, please contact me before writing a bad review. I can't respond or help you if you publish your complaints in a review, but I respond promptly to all emails and posts in my support forum. <<<
- Updated the email buttons on the Events list to open a new message in a popup window, like other email buttons in the app, instead of switching to the Mail app.
- Added a manual Save button to the stage plot layout page.
- Restored the missing Rotate icon on stage plot items.
- Fixed a problem that made stage plot items uneditable after using the Revert button.
- Fixed a crash when clicking the document button in a long Songs list after editing a song.
Ratings and Reviews
Great app for guitarists
I love this app because of three important benefits:
1) Split screen option which allows you to see the set list on one side along with the chord sheet on the other.
2) Custom fields. Because I use up to four different presets on a song, I needed an app that can store the bank and preset number for each preset used for each song. BandHelper allows you to create a seemingly unlimited number of custom fields for each song - no more need to rely on an excel spreadsheet that shows the presets needed for each song.
3) Very flexible display options: pick what fields you want shown on the main display for a song chart as well as on the set list. When you create a custom field, it automatically creates two additional versions of the field corresponding to the next song in the set list and the one after that. So on the display for a particular song, it can show the bank and preset for the next song coming up, the title of the the next song, the key, etc. — very cool!
I used it on a gig for the first time last week, with a Donner tablet page turner footpedal, and the combination worked flawlessly.
Why haven’t you switched to Bandhelper?
I recently switched from Setlist Maker to Bandhelper.
If you are familiar with SLM, than the transition is very easy.
I really like the option of creating new set lists and editing in the Bandhelper website on my computer. Arlo really is a brilliant developer and offers top notch support. The website makes quick work of adding new songs to the repertoire. I prefer working on my Mac and syncing the iPad afterwards.
I have been playing in cover bands for over 30 years and this app really has changed how we are able to manage our set lists. I was always the guy in the band that had the computer and printer to print all the set lists. I could never go back to paper now. No more typing set lists for me. Of course I have two guys in the band who still like paper. No problem, I just email them directly out of Bandhelper and they print the set list out themselves. No more wasting all my toner and paper!
We use 3 iPads on stage and we use device linking over WiFi.
I love being able to look down at my IPad during a gig and knowing right away what song is next, because my iPad is following the position of my singers iPad.
You just can’t do that with paper!
My singer and I also have an acoustic duo. With Bandhelper, I was able to totally separate our “Duo” lyrics from our “Band” lyrics. I think this is another great feature so we don’t clutter our band’s repertoire.
Great app! Saves so much time creating set lists
Signed up on the web, quickly learned how to batch import all our band's songs. Added custom fields for each guitarist's presets easily. Added all band mates, showed them how to use it. Now we can all easily tweak the set lists and it syncs to everyone.
It used to take quite a bit to build set lists, copy our presets over, guesstimate on song durations, etc, when building sets. Now we just drop in the songs until we get the right length of music for a set, insert a break and move on to the next set, super simple. Then when done, I simply have my own custom layout to show the set list that includes my guitar preset number for each song. No more printing out set lists and manually adding all the info we need. What used to take 20-30 minutes now takes about 5, and no more wasting paper!
Thanks for a great app!
- Arlo Leach
- 35.6 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Copyright 2013-2018 Arlo Leach, all rights reserved
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.