The Banff National Park app by Chimani boasts rich, detailed information on Canada’s first, and most popular, national park, including:
• expert-written details on the park’s unique points of interest (POIs)
• GPS-enabled maps that work without a cell/wifi connection and can be custom edited and annotated
• calendar of Ranger-led events
• sunrise/sunsets times and top viewing locations
• photo gallery loaded with park images
• information on dining, lodging, restrooms, backcountry hiking, and other in-park activities
• "Where Am I?" locator function for the entire park (note: does not work on non-GPS enabled devices)
Other features include:
• Easy-to-use interface with menus based on universal national park symbols.
• Push notifications for park-related news, alerts, and events.
• Lightning-fast search engine to quickly find information.
• Tag your favorite park sights.
• Collect points and earn badges for checking in at parks and points of interest, tagging your favorites, and recording parks you’ve already visited.
For more details on this and other Chimani apps for the national parks, visit www.chimani.com. Be sure to follow us on Twitter at @chimani, Facebook at www.facebook.com/chimani, and Instagram at @chimani
*** This app requires an initial Internet connection to download photos (either Wifi or cellular). ***
This is our last update of this app. We are moving all content and functionality over to our main app - National Parks by Chimani.
Ratings and Reviews
Loved the challenge!
This app is great. Not only to have the maps offline-which is needed when reception isn't great in spots- but also to be able to check off each activity done with a badge. Loved the challenge of getting as many badges as we could in one week. Easy to use and very informative.
Just downloaded this app for an upcoming trip to Banff. I'm very surprised it doesn't have a lot of positive reviews already, because it's very useful and easy to use.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.