Bank of America - Mobile Banking
By Bank of America
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Bank conveniently and securely with the Bank of America® Mobile Banking app for U.S.-based accounts.
Manage Your Bank Accounts and Finances
• Review activity and balances in checking, savings and credit card accounts
• View mortgage, auto loan and other account balances
• Activate or replace credit/debit cards
• Set or edit travel notices for eligible cards
• Order check copies
• Set app alerts to be notified of important account and security info
Mobile Money Transfer
• Securely send and receive money using a mobile number or email address (including to and from U.S. accounts outside of Bank of America)¹
• Transfer funds between your Bank of America accounts
Mobile Bill Pay²
• Schedule/edit/cancel payments
• Pay eBills
• Add/Edit Pay To accounts
Mobile Check Deposit
• Simply take photos of checks to deposit them
• Immediately see the processing deposit in your account³
Contact Us Easily
• Quickly reach a representative for help or questions with your accounts
• Schedule an appointment to meet with a specialist
• Find ATMs and financial centers
Special Offers & Deals
• Get cash back with BankAmeriDeals® when you use your eligible Bank of America credit/debit cards
• Get exclusive credit card offers
Help Stay Secure
• Change Online ID or Passcode
• Set up Touch ID® to securely sign in to the app instead of using your Passcode⁴
• If fraudulent activity is suspected on your debit or credit card, we'll notify you so you can verify your transactions and unblock your card
• With our Mobile Banking Security Guarantee, you’re not liable for fraudulent transactions when reported promptly⁵
• View account activity and balances
• Receive alerts
Apple Watch Terms & Conditions: From your iPhone®, launch BofA app, go to Profile & Settings > Apple Watch
Please see the Online Banking Service Agreement at bankofamerica.com/serviceagreement for more information on these banking features. Your mobile carrier’s message and data rates may apply.
¹ Requires enrollment in the service and must be made from a Bank of America consumer checking or savings account. Recipients have 14 days to register to receive money or the transfer will be canceled. Dollar and frequency limits apply.
² To use Bill Pay, you must first enroll in the service through Online Banking.
³ Deposits are subject to verification and not available for immediate withdrawal. Other restrictions apply.
⁴ Certain devices are eligible for enrollment in Touch ID.
⁵ You’re not liable for fraudulent Mobile Banking transactions when you notify the bank within 60 days of the transaction first appearing on your statement and comply with security responsibilities.
Zelle and the Zelle related marks are wholly owned by Early Warning Services, LLC and are used herein under license.
iPhone, Touch ID and Apple Watch are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.
Bank of America and related trademarks are trademarks of Bank of America Corporation
Bank of America, N.A. Member FDIC
© 2017 Bank of America Corporation
What's New in Version 7.5.0
With the latest update, you can:
• Create a custom dashboard to view the information you use most
• Start a cash withdrawal in the app, then pick it up at the ATM
How are we doing? Please rate the BofA app and let us know if it’s making banking easier.
Works well so far
It seems many people have had a bad experience with this app, but it has worked well for me so far. I do most of my banking at a computer online, but wanted an ability to electronically send people money on the go (i.e., for my share of a restaurant bill, etc). This app does just that, and it is relatively easy. I have tried it on several people I know with success. I look forward to trying to deposit a check via photo; this also seems like a nice feature. Additionally, I was able to pay one of my eBills via this app with ease. Navigating the app is also relatively easy and intuitive. The ability to look at my account statuses is less important because I keep track of them with other check balancing software/checkbooks, and for more serious banking/account reconciling work I will use the online computer version. Additionally, some of the other features (Amerideals, etc) I don't use so I cannot comment on. However, it does exactly what I wanted it to do with relative ease and without hiccups, so I give it 5 stars.
Menus and notification suggestions
Some menus do not need a “Done” button, as there is one selection to be made. After a selection is made, the app should automatically show you the results. Having the “Done” button is an extra step that isn’t necessary. Also, there should be an option to turn off the “For your security, your banking session has timed out due to inactivity.” This is an unnecessary notification, as it serves no purpose. It is a waste of customers’ resources to have to swipe in the Notification Center to clear that notification. Or even be notified of it in the first place. Turning off all Bank of American notifications is a solution. However, by doing so, customers will not be able to receive the notifications that matter to them. I believe that would be beneficial to add a field under the alerts settings page to give the option to turn this specific type of notification off. Thank you :)
Good, but wish Push Alerts could be added
The app is very simple to use with a lot of functionality. It loads fast, feels very secure (it automatically logs you out after a certain amount of time if the app is in the background), and makes managing my accounts a pleasing experience.
My only complaint is the obtuse nature of getting notifications. In order to even set them up you are told to visit their website, and from there you can only set up email and / or text message alerts. It seems so bizarre that the option for push alerts is not a part of the app yet, as I would love a simple way, that works in conjunction with the iOS functionality, to get alerts on large balance withdrawals, a weekly alert on my balance, etc. I’m hoping this is in the works and gets implemented soon.
Otherwise, as mentioned, it’s a great app for managing your money.
- Category: Finance
- Updated: Oct 18, 2017
- Version: 7.5.0
- Size: 166 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: Bank of America
- © 2017 Bank of America Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.