Bank of America - Mobile Banking
By Bank of America
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Bank conveniently and securely with the Bank of America® Mobile Banking app for U.S.-based accounts.
Manage Your Accounts
• Review activity and balances in checking, savings and credit card accounts
• View mortgage, auto loan and linked Merrill Edge® and Merrill Lynch® investment account balances
• Activate or replace credit/debit cards1
• Set or edit travel notices for eligible cards
• Order check copies1
• Set app alerts to be notified of important account and security info
• Securely send and receive money using a mobile number or email address (including to and from U.S. accounts outside of Bank of America)2
• Transfer funds between your Bank of America accounts
• Schedule/edit/cancel payments
• Pay eBills
• Add/Edit Pay To accounts
• Simply take photos of checks to deposit them
• Immediately see the processing deposit in your account3
Contact Us Easily
• Quickly reach a representative for help or questions with your accounts4
• Schedule an appointment to meet with a specialist
• Find ATMs and financial centers
Special Offers & Deals
• Get cash back with BankAmeriDeals® when you use your eligible Bank of America credit/debit cards5
• Get exclusive credit card offers
Help Stay Secure
• Change Online ID or Passcode
• Set up Touch ID® to securely sign in to the app instead of using your Passcode
• Use SafePass® for additional security (you’ll receive a code to verify your identity)
• If fraudulent activity is suspected on your debit or credit card, we'll notify you when you sign in to the app so you can verify your transactions and unblock your card
• View account activity and balances
• Receive alerts
Apple Watch Terms & Conditions: From your iPhone®, launch BofA app, go to Profile & Settings > Apple Watch
1 Fees may apply.
2 Email and mobile transfers require enrollment in the service and must be made from a Bank of America consumer checking or savings account to a domestic bank account. Recipients have 14 days to register to receive money or the transfer will be canceled. Dollar and frequency limits apply. See the Online Banking Service Agreement for details, including cut-off and delivery times. Data connection required. Wireless carrier charges may apply.
3 Mobile Check Deposits are subject to verification and not available for immediate withdrawal. In the app, select Help & Support, then Mobile Check Deposit for details, including funds availability, deposit limits, proper disposal of checks, restrictions and terms and conditions. Requires at least a 2-megapixel camera. Data connection required. Wireless carrier fees may apply.
4 This feature is not available to all mobile banking customers. Data connection required. Wireless carrier fees may apply.
5 Earned cash back credited the month following redemption. See Terms for other restrictions.
To use our app, you’re required by the app store to accept App Permissions to allow access to certain functions on your device. Our app doesn’t access these functions until you use the associated feature, such as using your location to find an ATM. For more information, visit our in-app Help.
Having general app issues? Visit our in-app Help for troubleshooting.
Terms/Service Agreement: www.bankofamerica.com/serviceagreement
iPhone, Touch ID and Apple Watch are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.
Bank of America and related trademarks are trademarks of Bank of America Corporation
Bank of America, N.A. Member FDIC
© 2016 Bank of America Corporation
What's New in Version 6.5.2
Thanks for your feedback. The new features in this app will allow you to:
•Activate eligible debit and credit cards
•Lock and unlock debit cards
•View auto loan details (including balance, payment and due date) and easily schedule your payment
Please continue to let us know how we can make your BofA mobile experience better.
Can't even use it
Unlike *most* banking apps, this one doesn't warn you when there will be an update and counts on everyone doing automatic updates to keep it up to date. I don't do automatic updates, so imagine how ticked off I was yesterday when I really needed to use it while out and got the message that I couldn't until I updated. Well guess what? When I'm using this app I'm usually not on wifi because it is a MOBILE app. I have limited cellular data and don't download or updates app when I'm not on a wifi network. I got home, updated everything and tried to use it today. It is completely unusable. Every time I try to open it, it crashes, and I have reset my phone and have jumped through flaming hoops to get it to work. Nope. It's a good thing it will be useless to me in a few days after my husband and I close our account and move everything to Chase since their app works and they don't charge us an "advantage fee" every month for the exact same banking services.
Recent BOA App Update
I love the app as always. The only update I noticed was the ability to Lock/Unlock my debit card and activate a new debit card which is a cool feature.
Fingerprint ID login is great as always, I don't know what other people are talking about it freezing on them but the app works just fine. I have the latest IOS version and the iPhone 6s Plus.
It would be great if you would also give the ability to Lock / Unlock Credit Card accounts and not just Debit.
I also would like to be able to view Messages and create temporarily online Card #'s from the App instead of logging on from my Computer. I mainly do all my banking from my Mobile device and I think all the features we get from logging on from a computer should be available via the Mobile App as well.
Forced Updates At Worst, Most Inconvenient Times
Four times now I was in a situation where I needed to immediately open my app and check my account balance to purchase something and when I try to sign in, a window appears that says "New Version Available. Update Now to Continue".
That would be all fine and dandy if I was not in a time crunch to view my balance. Frequently I am not in a place with wifi or good cellular service and this takes well over 15 minutes to complete.
If the developers are releasing new versions of the software and forcing their clients to update, a notice should go out informing them "Tomorrow at 10AM EDT, a new version of your app will be released and it will be mandatory to upgrade before accessing your information once again. Please upgrade soon to avoid inconvenience."
- Category: Finance
- Updated: Feb 04, 2016
- Version: 6.5.2
- Size: 53.1 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Bank of America
- © 2015 Bank of America Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.