Bank conveniently and securely with the Bank of America® Mobile Banking app for U.S.-based accounts.
Manage Your Bank Accounts and Finances
• Review activity and balances in checking, savings and credit card accounts
• View mortgage, auto loan and other account balances
• Activate or replace credit/debit cards
• Set or edit travel notices for eligible cards
• Order check copies
• Set app alerts to be notified of important account and security info
Mobile Money Transfer
• Securely send and receive money with Zelle® using a mobile number or email address (including to and from U.S. accounts outside of Bank of America)¹
• Transfer funds between your Bank of America accounts
Mobile Bill Pay
• Schedule/edit/cancel payments
• Pay eBills
• Add/Edit Pay To accounts
Mobile Check Deposit
• Simply take photos of checks to deposit them
• Immediately see the processing deposit in your account²
Contact Us Easily
• Quickly reach a representative for help or questions with your accounts
• Schedule an appointment to meet with a specialist
• Find ATMs and financial centers
Special Offers & Deals
• Get cash back with BankAmeriDeals® when you use your eligible Bank of America credit/debit cards
• Get exclusive credit card offers
Help Stay Secure
• Change Online ID or Passcode
• Set up Touch ID® / Face ID® to securely sign in to the app instead of using your Passcode³
• If fraudulent activity is suspected on your debit or credit card, we'll notify you so you can verify your transactions and unblock your card
• With our Mobile Banking Security Guarantee, you’re not liable for fraudulent transactions when reported promptly⁴
• View account activity and balances
• Receive alerts
Apple Watch Terms & Conditions: From your iPhone®, launch BofA app, go to Profile & Settings > Apple Watch
Please see the Online Banking Service Agreement at bankofamerica.com/serviceagreement for more information on these banking features. Your mobile carrier’s message and data rates may apply.
¹ Transfers require enrollment in the service and must be made from a Bank of America consumer checking or savings account to a domestic bank account or debit card. Recipients have 14 days to register to receive money or the transfer will be canceled. Dollar and frequency limits apply.
² Deposits are subject to verification and not available for immediate withdrawal. Other restrictions apply.
³ Certain devices are eligible for enrollment in Touch ID or Face ID.
⁴ You’re not liable for fraudulent Mobile Banking transactions when you notify the bank within 60 days of the transaction first appearing on your statement and comply with security responsibilities.
Zelle and the Zelle related marks are wholly owned by Early Warning Services, LLC and are used herein under license.
iPhone, Touch ID, Face ID and Apple Watch are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.
J.D. Power 2018 Mobile App Certification Program℠ recognition is based on successful completion of an audit and exceeding a customer experience benchmark through a survey of recent servicing interactions.
Bank of America and related trademarks are trademarks of Bank of America Corporation
Bank of America, N.A. Member FDIC
© 2018 Bank of America Corporation
Bug fixes for iOS 12
Ratings and Reviews
Pretty much second rate app
I tried to set up auto pay to automatically pay the whole balance every month. No can do. The app automatically schedules the minimum payment every month. No way to change on the app. No help - so far - from customer service. Sad.
Here is an update: I got a response from a member of the tech team. It said that the developer needed more information on the type of account. Fair enough. But the response took several days and I was unable to respond to the feedback. Clicking the response link went to a leave feedback general page so the whole thread would have been lost.
In the meantime I called the general customer service number. They did not have the information so they referred me to a technical support line which was closed for the evening. I called tech support. They told me what I was trying to do (pay in full every month—less interest fees to the bank) could only be done on the desktop app, not the mobile app. So it is a deficiency in the mobile app. To add insult to injury making this change is not effective immediately or even in a few days but not until the next billing cycle over a month away. Poor technology choices all around. Desktop and mobile apps both. My rating of 2 stars has been confirmed several times over.
Hi mark.four, thanks for sharing your experience. I will forward your comments to our development team. – Mike
I use this app all the time and have had a lot of success with it. There are 2 things about this app I would change if I could...
1) In online bill pay when you use the desktop version you can see when your last payment was sent and for how much under the payee information. On the app you have to click on the payee information to see it which opens a payment that you have to cancel out of if you don’t want to actually make a payment. It’s lots of clicks and it would just be easier if recent payment information was listed under each payee when you are in the online bill pay screen in the app.
2) I wish I did not have a monthly mobile deposit limit. My husband works out of state which is the main reason we use a national bank like BOA, but he is currently in a state with no BOA and when he gets paid off of a job he has to snail mail me the check so I can go to a banking center or ATM to deposit it after we hit the online mobile deposit limit which is usually the first week of a new month. Why is a limit necessary?!
Other than that I love the app and use it all the time!
Hi woodspartyof4, thank you so much for taking the time to review our app. We’re currently working on enhancements to the app that will implement functions from our full website into Bill Pay and the app as a whole. I’ll make sure our developers review your comments so that we can keep your experience top of mind as we update the app. – Hughes
Intrusive “assistant” bot in otherwise functional app
Updated rating: the app now has the option to hide the annoying bot button, as noted by the developer response to this review. Odd that it’s not in the version history for the app.
The app is largely fine for basic banking transactions (transfer funds, check balances or transactions, deposit checks via phone camera), but the introduction of the bothersome “Erica” bot is an unnecessary annoyance: the button to engage is overlaid on the actual banking content making it easy to accidentally trigger or covering details you actually want; there’s no way to disable it as “Erica” will helpfully confirm; and the bot is sometimes displayed as an even larger block of promotional text. Having a chatbot may be useful to customers for selected services that would otherwise require a call, but forcing everyone to engage with it regardless of their current task in the app is quite a user-hostile implementation. I can only speculate that some poor middle manager on Bank of America’s app or marketing team has new job performance metrics tied to the number of Erica button clicks.
Hi, and thanks very much for your feedback. If you prefer to remove the Erica icon from your screen you can simply go to Menu, tap Profile & Settings, tap Erica Virtual Assistant Settings and switch the “Show Erica icon” toggle to the off position. You can also bring Erica back at any time following the same process if you change your mind. Mike
- Bank of America
- 268.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 Bank of America Corporation
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.