Bank conveniently and securely with the Bank of America® Mobile Banking app for U.S.-based accounts.
Manage Your Bank Accounts and Finances
• Review activity and balances in checking, savings and credit card accounts
• View mortgage, auto loan and other account balances
• Activate or replace credit/debit cards
• Order checks
• Set app alerts to be notified of important account info
Mobile Money Transfer
• Securely send and receive money with Zelle® using a mobile number or email address¹
• Transfer funds between your Bank of America accounts
Mobile Bill Pay
• Schedule/edit/cancel payments
• Pay eBills
• Add/edit Pay To accounts
Mobile Check Deposit
• Simply take photos of checks to deposit them
• Immediately see the processing deposit in your account²
Erica, your virtual financial assistant³
• Ask Erica to find transactions, pay bills and more
• Get valuable alerts, helpful insights and financial guidance
Contact Us Easily
• Quickly reach a representative for help or questions with your accounts
• Schedule an appointment to meet with a specialist
• Find ATMs and financial centers
Special Offers & Deals
• Get cash back with BankAmeriDeals® when you use your eligible Bank of America credit/debit cards
• Get exclusive credit card offers
Help Stay Secure
• Change Online ID or Passcode
• Set up Touch ID® / Face ID® to securely sign in
• If fraudulent activity is suspected on your debit or credit card, we'll notify you
• With our Mobile Banking Security Guarantee, you’re not liable for fraudulent transactions when reported promptly⁴
See the Online Banking Service Agreement at bankofamerica.com/serviceagreement for more information. Mobile carrier message and data rates may apply.
¹ Transfers require enrollment and must be made from a Bank of America consumer checking or savings account to a domestic bank account or debit card. Recipients have 14 days to register to receive money or the transfer will be canceled. Dollar and frequency limits apply.
² Deposits are subject to verification and not available for immediate withdrawal. Other restrictions apply.
³ Erica only listens or speaks when you tap the microphone and retains interactions to optimize your experience. Erica speaks aloud and hears and responds to all voices, so consider where you interact by voice.
⁴ You’re not liable for fraudulent Mobile Banking transactions when you notify the bank within 60 days of the transaction first appearing on your statement and comply with security responsibilities.
Zelle and the Zelle related marks are wholly owned by Early Warning Services, LLC and are used herein under license.
iPhone, Touch ID, and Face ID are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.
J.D. Power 2018 Mobile App Certification Program℠ recognition is based on successful completion of an audit and exceeding a customer experience benchmark through a survey of recent servicing interactions.
Bank of America and related trademarks are trademarks of Bank of America Corporation
Bank of America, N.A. Member FDIC
You asked and we listened. Now you can:
• View, manage, and cancel pending Zelle payments
• Track your rewards, deals, and benefits throughout the year with My Rewards
• Choose how you get alerts including email, text, and mobile notifications
• Explore, save, and apply for new accounts using our improved shopping experience
• Link directly to the Merrill Lynch/Merrill Edge app to access your investment accounts
Tell us what you think – rate the app today.
Ratings and Reviews
Pretty much second rate app
I tried to set up auto pay to automatically pay the whole balance every month. No can do. The app automatically schedules the minimum payment every month. No way to change on the app. No help - so far - from customer service. Sad.
Here is an update: I got a response from a member of the tech team. It said that the developer needed more information on the type of account. Fair enough. But the response took several days and I was unable to respond to the feedback. Clicking the response link went to a leave feedback general page so the whole thread would have been lost.
In the meantime I called the general customer service number. They did not have the information so they referred me to a technical support line which was closed for the evening. I called tech support. They told me what I was trying to do (pay in full every month—less interest fees to the bank) could only be done on the desktop app, not the mobile app. So it is a deficiency in the mobile app. To add insult to injury making this change is not effective immediately or even in a few days but not until the next billing cycle over a month away. Poor technology choices all around. Desktop and mobile apps both. My rating of 2 stars has been confirmed several times over.
Hi mark.four, thanks for sharing your experience. I will forward your comments to our development team. – Mike
PLEASE BRING BACK EASY SIGN-IN
PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! Bring back the ability to sign in with fingerprint! I had to upgrade my iPhone at the end of last year. I was able to sign in using my fingerprint like I did with my iPhone 5, but that soon changed. I’m assuming there was a software update for my phone because at some time in Jan 2018, I was no longer able to sign in. I had a heck of a time with it and tried getting help through customer service (phone call) AND visiting a local branch to try to figure out how to get the option to open the app with my fingerprint, again. The branch people were just as frustrated as I was and said that you all were probably aware of the problem and working on it. We’re almost 9 months later and still no fix in sight. Frustration #2: I had to come up with a new password and it has so many stipulations on what it can or cannot be that I ended up choosing one that Apple produced for me. Do you know how frustrating it is to have to recall this new, convoluted password EVERY DANG TIME I need to access my account from the app?!?!?! With all said, I like the ease of use of the app once I’m in it. But I rarely use it any more. At least I’m now able to see my balances with a tap, but it sure is perplexing why you allow that but I cannot make a deposit without having to sign in?!?!?? Bizarre....
Hi SEGGES1963, thank you for bringing this to our attention and we apologize for the inconvenience! Try this- delete/reinstall the app. Now open the app then type in your Online ID and Passcode. To complete the reset, please make sure to check the fingerprint box. Please let me know if this helps. -Thanks, Rachel
App is great, “Erica” needs work
So the app was my favorite finance app: all the info in one place, easy to view and navigate. Until the “Erica” feature was launched. I’m not sure what the value-add is; I don’t want to talk to my phone about my banking, or spend time typing in questions, when you can get to pretty much everything with a few taps.
The biggest pain point is that there obviously wasn’t much thought put into the Erica UI. There’s just this big red button that hovers over your screen, and - get this! - there’s NO WAY TO GET RID OF IT. Either it’s in the way of the balances you’re tying to view, or you drag it out of your way with every screen you go to. Not to mention that its default position is right where people who hold phones in their right hands swipe to scroll. One accidental tap and you’ve got this thing talking to you.
I get it, some people like to talk about their banking out loud (and sometimes even in public, which doesn’t seem like the best idea). And some people get into Siri-like interfaces to apps. This one feels like someone at BofA decided they needed a shiny AI app so they could be like the cool kids, but forgot to budget for finding out what their consumers actually wanted.
Hi arbutus_heights, thanks very much for your feedback. If you prefer to remove the Erica icon from your screen you can simply go to Menu, tap Profile & Settings, tap Erica Virtual Assistant Settings and switch the “Show Erica icon” toggle to the off position. You can also bring Erica back at any time following the same process if you change your mind. -Thanks, Rachel
- Bank of America
- 327.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 Bank of America Corporation
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.