Bank of America - Mobile Banking
By Bank of America
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Bank conveniently and securely with the Bank of America® Mobile Banking app¹ for U.S.-based accounts².
Manage Your Bank Accounts and Finances
• Review activity and balances in checking, savings and credit card accounts
• View mortgage, auto loan and linked Merrill Edge® and Merrill Lynch® investment account balances
• Activate or replace credit/debit cards³
• Set or edit travel notices for eligible cards
• Order check copies³
• Set app alerts to be notified of important account and security info (data connection required; wireless fees may apply)
Mobile Money Transfer
• Securely send and receive money using a mobile number or email address (including to and from U.S. accounts outside of Bank of America)⁴
• Transfer funds between your Bank of America accounts
Mobile Bill Pay⁵
• Schedule/edit/cancel payments
• Pay eBills
• Add/Edit Pay To accounts
Mobile Check Deposit
• Simply take photos of checks to deposit them
• Immediately see the processing deposit in your account⁶
Contact Us Easily
• Quickly reach a representative for help or questions with your accounts⁷
• Schedule an appointment to meet with a specialist
• Find ATMs and financial centers
Special Offers & Deals
• Get cash back with BankAmeriDeals® when you use your eligible Bank of America credit/debit cards⁸
• Get exclusive credit card offers
Help Stay Secure
• Change Online ID or Passcode
• Set up Touch ID® to securely sign in to the app instead of using your Passcode
• If fraudulent activity is suspected on your debit or credit card, we'll notify you when you sign in to the app so you can verify your transactions and unblock your card
• View account activity and balances
• Receive alerts
Apple Watch Terms & Conditions: From your iPhone®, launch BofA app, go to Profile & Settings > Apple Watch
¹ All App features may not be available at all locations.
² Requires U.S. residence for opening accounts.
³ Fees may apply.
⁴ Email and mobile transfers require enrollment in the service and must be made from a Bank of America consumer checking or savings account to a domestic bank account. Recipients have 14 days to register to receive money or the transfer will be canceled. Dollar and frequency limits apply. See the Online Banking Service Agreement for details, including cut-off and delivery times. Data connection required. Wireless carrier charges may apply.
⁵ To use Bill Pay, you must first enroll in the service through Online Banking.
⁶ Mobile Check Deposits are subject to verification and not available for immediate withdrawal. In the app, select Help & Support, then Mobile Check Deposit for details, including funds availability, deposit limits, proper disposal of checks, restrictions and terms and conditions. Requires at least a 2-megapixel camera. Data connection required. Wireless carrier fees may apply.
⁷ This feature is not available to all mobile banking customers. Data connection required. Wireless carrier fees may apply.
⁸ Earned cash back credited the month following redemption. See Terms for other restrictions.
To use our app, you’re required by the app store to accept App Permissions to allow access to certain functions on your device. Our app doesn’t access these functions until you use the associated feature, such as using your location to find an ATM. For more information, visit our in-app Help.
Having general app issues? Visit our in-app Help for troubleshooting.
Terms/Service Agreement: www.bankofamerica.com/serviceagreement
iPhone, Touch ID and Apple Watch are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.
Bank of America and related trademarks are trademarks of Bank of America Corporation
Bank of America, N.A. Member FDIC
© 2017 Bank of America Corporation
What's New in Version 7.3.2
Our latest update adds new features so you can:
• Add debit and credit cards to your Apple Wallet
• Track your spending and set up a budget
• Enroll in Bill Pay
Does the BofA app meet your banking needs? Let us know by rating the app in the App Store.
Great banking app!
Best app of them all. Easy to locate my account and routing when I need it! If i lose my card I can simply order a new one without having to make a phone call or email an associate! If I have to go out of the country i can set it up on the app Without having to print a document & fax it for it to get approved within 3-8 business days! Like other banks! Easy to make transfers and pay my bills on the go almost instantly. I can set up alerts so easily! No other bank has these set ups! What I like the most is that when I use my card in china I set it up so that I can approve my transactions after every swipe! Just in case so that no other person has the ability to use my card info if it gets stolen from a scammer in china or any other country! If my card gets locked! I get a text and email immediately asking if I made this transaction and if I did I can easily unlock my account without having to call an associate !!! If I didn't make the transaction immediately they cancel that card and make a claim! Right on the app. And then they ask that I call an associate to specify more details which I prefer to make sure I get any money back. And it only takes 2-3 days for my money to come back sometimes even the next day. Not like 7-10 business days like other banks. Overall I love Bank of America and this app.
Pretty, Functional, but Slow
This app has all the bells and whistles - does everything a user could want. On the other hand, the speed is frustrating. It is slow to load, and has extra clicks to move to other screens. The home screen pictures are nice but move the function buttons below the usable screen on an iPhone 5. It takes so long to load. A customer logging in does not need to do the things in the first page?! It would be faster to go to the login boxes, and have the cursor load up automatically. My uses are to check balances, make payments, transfer between accounts. The preview screen to check balances adds a step, is in different, difficult-to-read font from the main list of transactions, and doesn't have enough transaction listed for my needs. I would like it to just go to the whole list of transactions in the bold font. I use my phone for home and business, and am stymied by the slow load up and these extra steps. Thank you. Update a year after first review - they have not changed a thing
Does most things well
Most business that I want to do with BofA is possible using this app. I really like the convenience of being able to check balances, look at images of checks, and many other tasks. I especially like being able to deposit a check using my phone.
There are a couple ways in which this app does not satisfy me.
1. Recently there have been long (in this digital age) delays in getting signed on. Sometimes I have to give up and try later. This happens when I have full access to the Web. I have recently noticed that longer delays have been occurring while moving between screens and while signing off.
2. There are several tasks that I must go to the BofA Web site for. For example, I can make an extra payment on my home equity loan using this app, but I cannot specify that the entire amount goes to pay down the principal. What is frustrating is that the app does not tell you how your payment will be applied. Why I can specify how my payment is applied on the Web but not on this app is beyond my understanding.
If BofA would speed up their app and allow me to do everything using the app that I can do on the BofA Web site, this would be a 5-star app.
Update: It seems that speed the app loads has improved somewhat, but the extras that I'm looking for, like being able to specify that I want my transfer to my home equity loan to go to principal only, still are not there.
- Category: Finance
- Updated: Apr 06, 2017
- Version: 7.3.2
- Size: 159 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Bank of America
- © 2017 Bank of America Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.