Bank of America for iPad
By Bank of America
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Bank conveniently and securely with Bank of America® Mobile Banking. Our iPad® app makes it easier than ever.
Manage Your Accounts*
• Check activity and balances in checking, savings and credit card accounts
• View routing and account numbers
• Order replacement debit or credit cards±
• View Merrill Edge and Merrill Lynch investment accounts
• Set app Alerts to be notified of important account and security info
Send Money to Virtually Anyone*
• Securely send and receive money using a mobile number or email address (including to and from U.S. accounts outside of Bank of America)1
• Add recipients for email/mobile number transfers using your device’s contacts or enter the data manually2
• Manage transfers between your Bank of America accounts (including mortgages and loans)
• Visit www.bankofamerica.com/easymoneytransfer to learn more
• Schedule, edit or cancel payments
• Pay eBills
• Add or edit Pay To accounts
• Use our app to snap photos of checks and deposit them from your mobile device3
• View processing deposits in account details in the app
• Choose Deals, shop as you normally do with your credit/debit cards and receive cash back
• Get cash back into your eligible Bank of America account4
• Reset Passcode, retrieve Online ID
• Use SafePass® for additional security during sensitive transactions (you’ll receive a code to verify your identity)
Contact Us Easily
• Schedule an appointment at a banking center or call us with any questions
• Find ATMs and banking centers
*Please visit Online Banking for these banking needs:
Wire transfers; transfers to external bank accounts; transfers from credit cards; ordering new checks; ordering check copies; updating transaction descriptions; setting up/canceling recurring transfers and payments; enrolling in Bill Pay/managing eBill information; changing Online IDs; stopping checks; activating new debit cards; setting travel notices; using ShopSafe®; going paperless; viewing mortgage and loan account details; enrolling in SafePass.
±Fee may apply.
1Enrollment and Bank of America checking/savings account required. No fee for this service; dollar/frequency limits apply. Transfer permitted only to U.S.-based consumer accounts. See Online Banking Service Agreement for details.
2You must grant permission for the app to access your device contacts.
3Deposits subject to verification and not available for immediate withdrawal. See Terms for other restrictions.
4Earned cash back credited the month following redemption. See Terms for other restrictions.
Having general app issues?
• For optimal performance, make sure you’re running the latest OS
• If you’re on your home WiFi network and have a problem connecting, try resetting your modem/router at Home
• Note that third-party keyboards are blocked by our app due to their potential to track your password and other keystrokes you may enter; the native keyboard for your device will be used
• Visit our in-app Help to learn more
Terms/Service Agreement: www.bankofamerica.com/serviceagreement
iPad is a registered trademark of Apple Inc.
Bank of America and related trademarks are trademarks of Bank of America Corporation
Bank of America, N.A. Member FDIC
© 2015 Bank of America Corporation
What's New in Version 6.1.8
We’re continuously listening to your feedback, and we made these improvements:
• It’s easier to make deposits now because the photo will be automatically taken for you
• For small business credit card accounts, additional account information is displayed and a payment button has been added
• Performance enhancements
• Note to iOS8 users: To make deposits, ensure camera access is on. Go to Settings > Privacy > Camera > turn on access for BofA
More to come in future releases.
App no longer functions
After the 6.1.8 release the login screen overlays the account screen after logging in. At that point no account can be accessed as the login screen is on top. At times I can login again and the login screen goes away and I can work with my accounts. This is not consistent, works sometimes and sometimes not......At this point I can not use the app to review accounts although I can use bill pay as it opens a unique window that overlays the account screen and login screen. Please put the previous version back on the App Store so I can use mobile banking again until you get 6.1.8 fixed!
New check deposit flawed
The new check deposit feature has a couple of flaws. First, the app sometimes incorrectly recognizes the deposit amount in the image. You are asked to enter the deposit amount manually, but you can't override the incorrectly recognized amount. The only thing to do at this point is to cancel the deposit- leading to the second flaw. When you hit the cancel button in the deposit, you get a yes/no dialog- but neither button actually cancels the deposit. The only choice is to quit the app.
Needs an option to turn off the automatic check photo for deposits
On the iPad the focus for the automatic photo for check deposits is way off. The manual photo was the same before the last revision. Now, the manual focus is accurate, but there is no option in settings to get rid of the auto-photo, so you have to wait for auto-photo to fail before the app allows a manual photo!
Please fix the focus distance and/or provide to manual option in settings!