Bank of America - Mobile Banking
By Bank of America
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Bank conveniently and securely with the Bank of America® Mobile Banking app for U.S.-based accounts.
Manage Your Bank Accounts and Finances
• Review activity and balances in checking, savings and credit card accounts
• View mortgage, auto loan and other account balances
• Activate or replace credit/debit cards
• Set or edit travel notices for eligible cards
• Order check copies
• Set app alerts to be notified of important account and security info
Mobile Money Transfer
• Securely send and receive money using a mobile number or email address (including to and from U.S. accounts outside of Bank of America)¹
• Transfer funds between your Bank of America accounts
Mobile Bill Pay²
• Schedule/edit/cancel payments
• Pay eBills
• Add/Edit Pay To accounts
Mobile Check Deposit
• Simply take photos of checks to deposit them
• Immediately see the processing deposit in your account³
Contact Us Easily
• Quickly reach a representative for help or questions with your accounts
• Schedule an appointment to meet with a specialist
• Find ATMs and financial centers
Special Offers & Deals
• Get cash back with BankAmeriDeals® when you use your eligible Bank of America credit/debit cards
• Get exclusive credit card offers
Help Stay Secure
• Change Online ID or Passcode
• Set up Touch ID® to securely sign in to the app instead of using your Passcode⁴
• If fraudulent activity is suspected on your debit or credit card, we'll notify you so you can verify your transactions and unblock your card
• With our Mobile Banking Security Guarantee, you’re not liable for fraudulent transactions when reported promptly⁵
• View account activity and balances
• Receive alerts
Apple Watch Terms & Conditions: From your iPhone®, launch BofA app, go to Profile & Settings > Apple Watch
Please see the Online Banking Service Agreement at bankofamerica.com/serviceagreement for more information on these banking features. Your mobile carrier’s message and data rates may apply.
¹ Requires enrollment in the service and must be made from a Bank of America consumer checking or savings account. Recipients have 14 days to register to receive money or the transfer will be canceled. Dollar and frequency limits apply.
² To use Bill Pay, you must first enroll in the service through Online Banking.
³ Deposits are subject to verification and not available for immediate withdrawal. Other restrictions apply.
⁴ Certain devices are eligible for enrollment in Touch ID.
⁵ You’re not liable for fraudulent Mobile Banking transactions when you notify the bank within 60 days of the transaction first appearing on your statement and comply with security responsibilities.
To use our app, you’re required by the app store to accept App Permissions to allow access to certain functions on your device. Our app doesn’t access these functions until you use the associated feature, such as using your location to find an ATM. For more information, visit our in-app Help.
Having general app issues? Visit our in-app Help for troubleshooting.
iPhone, Touch ID and Apple Watch are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.
Bank of America and related trademarks are trademarks of Bank of America Corporation
Bank of America, N.A. Member FDIC
© 2017 Bank of America Corporation
What's New in Version 7.4
With our newest release, you can:
• Send money to friends using Zelle℠
• Update your email, phone number or mailing address
• Add accounts from other banks to pay your credit card bill (credit card only customers)
• Enroll your credit/debit cards in Masterpass™ and Visa Checkout® for easy online shopping
• Explore our products to find the right one for you
Please tell us what you think by rating the app in the App Store.
Easy and Convenient - Esp Check Deposits!
I am very happy with this app. I've used it since the start and overall it's made mobile banking really easy and effective. Was a little reserved at first, but have had no issues and now use regularly to check accounts, pay bills, transfer money and especially love the ability to deposit checks! I have a disability that often makes physical trips to the bank difficult. So this particular feature is very much appreciated!
The only down side I've run into is not being able to make transfers to accounts outside of BofA, which can be done via the desktop site. But in the big scheme of things, that isn't something I need to do very often so it's not a big drawback for me.
The BOA app is such an incredible tool to manage your finances. The lay out and feel of the app feels just right. You can do so many things on the app that it's almost unnecessary to ever use your desktop or laptop. I especially love the fact that they image everything so you can pull an image of the check you wrote or the check that you deposited. Comparing to other Banks, BOA is head and shoulders above. One slight improvement that I would recommend is to have bill pays debited the instant you click pay, as oppose to waiting a day or 2 until the money gets there. I love the Chase bill pay system the best, once you click pay, it's debited out of your accounts so it makes it easier to know what your true balance is. Other than that, the app is incredible
Over the past 2-3 years, the app started out as a pretty weak app that lacked in capabilities and crashed constantly due to the bugs.
However, I am seeing a lot of new improvements such as Touch ID to authenticate and more banking capabilities being introduced such as being able to withdraw, deposit and transfer via the mobile app directly.
Ultimately, I would like to see more robust UI capabilities and to see all the capabilities fully baked into the foundational SDK (native application) without any redirect or safari web view controller interfaces.
From a consumer perspective, I would also like to see a more proactive security infrastructure rather than the current reactive approach and I would like to see BofA move away from the current KBA approach and just towards OTP & Biometrics to reduce fraud and friction for the good users such as myself (especially when traveling).
Speaking selfishly, I am a platinum honors rewards member and I would also like to see more incentive for staying due to the current friction being put on longtime loyalty members. Happy to help and chat further if you guys would like to reach out.
- Alex Forss
- Category: Finance
- Updated: Jun 28, 2017
- Version: 7.4
- Size: 171 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: Bank of America
- © 2017 Bank of America Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.