The Bank of the West app provides secure access to your accounts, allowing you to manage your finances from virtually anywhere.
• Touch ID: Sign in to Mobile Banking even faster with Touch ID. Touch ID is now available to customers with iOS8 or higher, on an iPhone 5s or newer.
• Mange credit and debit cards: set travel notifications, activate new cards, change your PIN, or order a new card.
Quick Balance: View account balances and recent transactions without logging in. You have to turn this feature on after logging in, and you always have the ability to turn it off from the “More” menu.
• Send money to anyone in the U.S. All you need is their mobile phone number or email
• View statements and manage paperless preferences
• Mobile Deposit: Deposit checks through the app, avoiding trips to the branch or ATM. You can also email yourself a receipt of the deposit, including an image of the check.
• Bill Pay: Manage your bill payments entirely from the app. Just scan your bill stub, or search for a payee by entering the first few letters of the company’s name. As always, you can view or modify previously scheduled payments as well.
• Account Transfers: Quickly move money between your Bank of the West accounts.
• View Check Image: View images of cleared checks.
• Transaction Search: Use our new search bar to quickly and easily find a transaction without endless scrolling.
• ATM and Branch Locator: Find Bank of the West locations near you.
• Mobile PIN: Reduce typing errors and sign in faster by entering a unique numeric PIN instead of your password.
Mobile Banking Security:
• No confidential information or account numbers are ever stored on your mobile device.
• Industry standard data encryption to protect your banking transactions.
• Login information verification required after five minutes of inactivity.
• Device can be blocked from accessing mobile banking if lost or stolen.
The Bank of the West App is available to download at no cost. Your mobile carrier may impose data charges depending on your individual plan. Check with your carrier on specific fees and charges.
Member FDIC. Equal Housing Lender
We’re always working to improve your banking experience. Our latest update lets you view credit card statements, but we’re really excited about the sleek password recovery process and one-time passcode verification. And we tinkered under the hood to keep the app humming. Rate the latest version and leave us your feedback.
Ratings and Reviews
Good App, Bad Accounting
The app is fine, especially since they added Touch ID. However:
When the app says “Available Balance” after an INTERNAL TRANSFER, it could be the real amount, or it could not be, depending on WHEN you did the transfer. So, even if you transfer from an internal account with a confirmed balance, and the “Available Balance” says the amount you expect on the receiving internal account, you might still be hit with overdraft fees, as they later on can “Forward Date” your transfer!
In other words, you can’t depend on the amounts shown in the app, not because the app is buggy, but because of their “accounting methods”. AVAILABLE BALANCE should ALWAYS mean AVAILABLE BALANCE! But, what do I know...I’m just a customer.
latest version still does not start right on an iPad.
How hard can it be for an app to start up, and display its screen in portrait mode, even when an iPad is locked in landscape mode? Not that hard judging from all the games and apps that do that, millions of times a day, with ease. And that’s only one of numerous defects. This is shoddy mobile programing, plain and simple, seemingly pushed upon us by the parent bank company in France. The older BotW custom app was beautifully designed for the iPad, was a joy to use, and a pleasure to behold — worthy of being on an Apple device! This current green piece of cr*p (pardon my French) is an embarrassment to BotW, and to Apple. I’m convinced it violates numerous Apple UI, style, and programming guidelines. If you can’t make a phone app that looks and behaves properly on a tablet, then make an iPad specific version again, or let the previous iPad version function again, like it did so beautifully a few months ago.
Could be better
Having the mobile app is convenient and it works. But it could be better based on other apps I have used. For example, if I have an over due balance of more than 30 days (which has never happened before and why I just found this out)it will simply tell me when my next payment is due with nothing in Red or anything to alert me that hey, you missed a payment. My other app will make it clear to me when there is anything out of line.
Also, I’m able to deposit money into my other account without having to wait to access those funds. Here I have to wait three days. I’m not sure what technology they have but you should find out because it’s really convenient. Thanks!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.