Banner Saga - Viking Strategy Tactics RPG - Best Indie Game of 2014
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Embark on your own epic journey in Banner Saga, the critically acclaimed tactical RPG where your strategic choices directly affect your personal story and the world around you.
Leave your home and strike out on a desperate journey to save your people. Lead your caravan across stunning environments and into war with enemy clans and vicious Drudge soldiers. Build relationships and make choices that will shape the future of your clan as you scramble to survive in this beautiful, bleak world.
Banner Saga Features:
- A unique fantasy realm inspired by Norse mythology – explore a grim world shaped by the legends of the Vikings. Uncover ancient lore and battle tooth and nail to carve out a new bastion in a world abandoned by the gods.
- Beautiful 2D rotoscope animation - immerse yourself in beautifully hand drawn combat sequences and animations, accompanied by an evocative score from Grammy-nominated composer Austin Wintory.
- Real choices with real consequences – every decision you make on the trail, in conversation and during combat has a meaningful effect on the outcome as your unique story unfolds.
- Over 25 playable characters with unique personalities – form relationships in and out of combat with a variety of characters from 7 different classes, each with unique abilities and upgrade options to fit your play style.
- Strategic combat with permanent repercussions – choose your warriors, form your strategy and strike. Adapt to a dynamic battlefield where your tactics determine who lives and who dies. Victory, defeat and even the permanent loss of a character depends on the choices you make.
- Winner of the Geekie Award for best Indie Video Game, 2014, Independent Games Festival Finalist for Excellence in Visual Art and Honorable mentions for Design and Audio.
Only your choices can guide your caravan through the harsh winter, past mystical enemies and brutal Viking clans. When the trail is uncertain, can you take the lead?
Download Banner Saga and begin your journey today.
NOTE: Banner Saga does NOT run on iPhone 4. iPhone 4S and more modern devices recommended.
What's New in Version 1.04
Added Japanese language support
Various bug fixes
Beautiful animation and storyline. Don't think I'll finish it because it's too frustrating. Same currency (renown) for leveling up and buying supplies, so if you level up, you risk starving to death. You can earn more from fights, but not enough to level up even one of your level 3 characters (or to buy more than two days of supplies). And like other reviews have mentioned, you can lose everything by making the wrong choice, and you often do. Characters that you invested in are gone in a flash. This happens way too much to make the game enjoyable for me.
New characters that you get, even further into the game, are only level 1. Good luck leveling them up while you're spending your renown on supplies so the caravan doesn't starve to death! Or maybe I should just leave him at level one since he'll be gone tomorrow? Oh but wait, I need strong characters to fight more enemies to earn more renown to buy food...
Wish I could finish the story, but it's just too frustrating how the game is stacked against you in every way.
Among the Best iOS games have to offer.
This game has a thrilling storyline with different dialogue options and choices to make. There are different classes to utilize (the different characters have different classes and abilities). This game looks and runs great. I've never had a problem. The art and graphics are beautiful. I'd give this game 10/10!
I've heard there have been crashes with this game lately, which is sad to hear... as long as the game doesn't crash it's very worthwhile. (I don't like when people rate things a 1 star because it crashed, is your phone up to date? Have you tried restarting your phone? How long have you had your phone? iPhones tend to slow down and stop processing like they once did when they get old there could be other reasons than the game itself. Re downloading the game is also a possible fix as well.
The fun ended too soon!
I really enjoyed this game! It is a turn based strategy game with an engrossing story line and whoever did the animation and soundtrack is amazing! One complaint that's certainly not worth penalizing a star in my rating. Right when I finally felt like I had full grasp of which strategies to use in which situations and I finally understood everything, the game ended! I only purchased it 4days ago...probably played 15 hours ( yes, I know, get a life). Something I really liked about this game is that you paid to download it and that's it. None of that in app purchase crap! I could actually enjoy the game like the good ol days without paying to speed up upgrades or being forced to buy currency. Final Fantasy Battle Tactics is the only other game that's come close to this one...they really are very similar. I wish I new of more!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Sep 01, 2016
- Version: 1.04
- Size: 1.84 GB
- Languages: English, French, German, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Stoic LLC
- © 2014 Stoic LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.