Barcelona Art & Culture Travel Guide
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
BARCELONA, the new app in the Art & Culture series, is something different in tourism: a cultural travel guide that offers comprehensive, expert coverage of all the sights and attractions, all the things to do and see, complete practical information and detailed maps.
BARCELONA is the indispensable guide to Europe’s most exciting city, for exploring the depth and richness of its history and its vibrant life of today. We don’t do hotels and restaurants and shopping; instead, we offer a cultural companion that can enrich your visit like no other guide, on paper or pixels.
BARCELONA is where Europe goes to play. She’s a city that sparkles and fizzes, making the world watch just to see what she’ll do next. Plunge straight into her buzzing heart with this remarkably in-depth app by two old pros who have been writing about the city for decades:
• Sparkling insights and handy tips on visiting 130 famous and secret sights, from Antoní Gaudí’s Sagrada Família to a bomb shelter from the Civil War
• Up-to-date opening hours, prices, and details of all sites
• Day trips—all you need to know to visit Sitges, Monserrat, the Dalí museum in Figueres, Girona, PortAventura (Spain's biggest theme park) and Tarragona
• Biographies of all the great Modernista artists and architects
• Fun alternatives for exploring Barcelona differently by day and night: with a local on a bespoke tour, on a scooter, or in a three-wheel GoCar
• Unusual sidelights—discover Barcelona's secret fixation with bats and learn how truly nutty the great Gaudí really was
• Walking tours of Barcelona’s most fascinating and up-and-coming neighbourhoods
• Discover Barcelona’s vibrant music scene from opera to Manu Chao’s Rumba de Barcelona, along with the best venues and where to buy tickets
• A menu decoder and a list of useful phrases in Spanish and Catalan
• Up-to-date practical info on how to get around the city, and how to save money with special offers and discount cards
• Great places to take the kids
• A complete list of the important traditional and cultural festivals
• Comprehensive search function lets you quickly find anything in the text
About the Authors
Authors of seven books on Spain and Catalonia, Dana Facaros and Michael Pauls (www.facarospauls.com) have been around the block a few times. After a career as travel writers spanning centuries, they know the Mediterranean like a flea knows a dog. Currently installed just over the Pyrenees in southwest France, Barcelona is where they go for a dirty weekend and some stuffed squids.
What's New in Version 2.6
Improved design, content updates, and minor fixes.
Barcelona Unbound: Perfect Blend of History, Art and Travel Tips
Barcelona is my favorite of the cities I've toured in about 20 trips to Spain, France, Italy, England, Ireland and Greece. This app makes me yearn to go back for more.
Barcelona Unbound provides the perfect blend of history, art, photography, practical travel advice and directions to gastronomic delights for those who are visiting or just want to know more about one of the most striking cities in Europe. Anyone who has enjoyed the numerous travel guides on Spain, Italy, France, Greece, Hell, Mars and beyond written by the wife and husband team of Dana Facaros and Michael Pauls will come away well satisfied with the couple's initial foray into electronic publishing.
If Barcelona is on your itinerary, Barcelona Unbound belongs on your iPad and in your travel bag. Facaros and Pauls lead the journey through the largest city in Catalonia. Anarchy, Sagrada Familia, Gaudi, Mirò, Museu Picasso, Santa Maria del Mar, Vicky Christina Barcelona walking tours, the Catalan Crapper, Museu de l'Eròtica, it's all there, and then some. Whether you are planning a visit to the second largest city in Spain, or just want day dream and read about a walkable city where beauty and creativity abounds, this app is the guide for you.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Nov 18, 2016
- Version: 2.6
- Size: 112 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Wu Wei Ltd
- © Dana Facaros and Michael Pauls
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.