Bark Filter - Critical Band Analyser/Filter/Compressor
### Introductory offer for a limited time ###
### requires iPhone5s / iPad mini 2 / iPad Air or better ###
The multi band filter in Bark takes the approach to match the reception characteristic of the gate where all sounds must pass through: the human ear. The ear behaves as if it contains a bank of filters, each filter passing frequencies within their respective critical band. Two tones apart more than the frequency dependant critical bandwidth are perceived as separate tones. For this reason Bark contains a filter bank with 27 very steep bandpass filters matching the critical bandwidth characteristic of the human ear. In fact, the human ear have also its own built in multi band compression system which are based on the critical bands.
Why the name Bark ? The Bark scale is a frequency scale on which equal distances correspond with perceptually equal distances. Above about 500 Hz this scale is more or less equal to a logarithmic frequency axis. Below 500 Hz the Bark scale becomes more and more linear.
Multiband compressors can act differently on different frequency bands. The advantage of multiband compression over full-bandwidth compression is that unneeded audible gain changes or "pumping" in other frequency bands is not caused by changing signal levels in a single frequency band.
Bark can act both as single band compressor and with up to 27 bands in multiband mode by linking critical bands.
The linear phase filter bank with its steep filter slopes can be used for unusually pronounced filter effects too...
• Multi band dynamic range compressor with up to 27 bands
• Variable number of compressor bands (1..27)
• Threshold/Ratio Attack/Release and Makeup Gain
• Linear phase precision filters for maximal transparency
• Real time pre/post processing calibrated spectrum analyser
• AudioUnit for AUv3 compatible hosts.
• Inter-app audio compatible effect.
• Audiobus 3 compatible with state saving.
• Low latency live usage with mic and headphones.
• Audio recorder
- AUv3 Parameter Automation added
- VirSyn Software Synthesizer
- 16 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 VirSyn Software Synthesizer
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.