NOOK - Read Books, Magazines, Newspapers & Comics
By Barnes & Noble
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get the FREE NOOK Reading App for your iPad, iPhone and iPod touch to start enjoying Barnes & Noble’s award-winning eBook discovery and digital reading experience. Access our vast online library of over 4 million eBooks, graphic novels, comics, and magazines; plus, enjoy recommendations just for you curated by our expert booksellers. Customize your experience with multiple font and page styles and powerful organization and social sharing tools.
Put down your reading and pick up where you left off—even as you jump from one screen to another.
Barnes & Noble at Your Fingertips
• Browse Bookstore for the latest new releases, bestsellers, and expert recommendations just for you! The more you use NOOK, the better our suggestions.
• Purchases completed on Barnes & Noble’s website will automatically appear on your device.
• Over 1 million FREE titles! Try a new author or start a new series risk-free. Download free eBooks directly from Bookstore.
• Download free book samples and add favorites to your Wishlist.
• Try any newspaper or magazine free for 14 days.*
Rich, Customizable Reading
• Adjustable font styles, line spacing, margins, page animations, and screen brightness for more comfortable reading. Use our Day, Night, and Evening themes or create your own background and text color combinations.
• Add notes, bookmarks and highlights as you read.
• Organize your Library with custom stacks of eBooks, magazines and your own files.
• Search inside the book and look up words with the downloadable in-app dictionary.
• Additional language support for British English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish.
• Accessible to blind and low vision users leveraging Apple assistive technology, including screen magnification and VoiceOver.
Create Your Own Quote Cards
• Found an inspiring or beautiful sentence in your book? Highlight and tap on ‘Share’ to launch the quote editor and create a custom Quote Card.
• Choose your favorite background and share with friends on social networks, email, and text message.
Discovery Delivered Daily
• Visit B&N Readouts for daily streams of free book excerpts, magazine articles, and all kinds of bookish news—including reviews from our community. Share on social, email, and other apps.
• Join the thousands of NOOK readers on Serial Reads, Barnes & Noble’s latest free reading program. Enjoy a book every month, delivered FREE in daily chapters directly to your device. Titles are hand-picked by B&N editors across genres.
• Enjoy our Free Fridays eBook selection every week.
* NOOK account and credit card registration required.
What's New in Version 4.7.0
• Introducing Bookstore: Browse new releases, bestsellers, and so much more. Explore recommendations just for you.
• Wishlist your favorites. View your NOOK Wishlists on Barnes & Noble’s website.
• Create custom Quote Cards from your favorite highlights. Choose your background and share with friends on social media, email, and text message.
• View editorial and customer reviews from Product Detail Pages.
• Optimization for iOS 10 compatibility.
• Bug fixes and performance improvements
I would give it 5 stars if the App would put the books in alphabetical order by author correctly. I have books by the same author mixed in all over the place. If the author was helped and a second name is included on the cover, it should still be placed by the main authors name. Case in point, Clive Cussler. His books are scattered all over. Please correct this one little thing and I will revise my rating. Also, if you make it so that it doesn't always go back to the top of the library list each and every time you open a book just to get the copyright date to see which book is next in line, it would be a huge help. I would give you 10 stars for that.
Other than the things mentioned I have never had a problem downloading my books, reading them and then archiving them. Some reviews I've read have had a dismal time but I have never, never had any trouble with my Nook or Nook app for iPad.
Getting better but still needs work
Glad to have Nook on my iPad but wish maneuvering through the app wasn't so clunky. Not close to ease of Nook device but still better than earlier version. Why the app can't let you purchase but the device can is unfathomable. Other reviewers have mentioned the inconsistent sync function which appears to have gotten worse: why can't you fix this? Your tech support doesn't take the time to read the question being asked and makes useless, futile suggestions. Had thought I wouldn't change because I have too many titles to use different one, today's experience may have convinced me to move on.
My final comment relates to the inability to utilize coupons for Nook purchases. The price fixing on e-books is a disgrace. The only advantage is portability and it does not outweigh the cost differential and the inability to lend any book I own to anyone I wish. Technology has bypassed common sense again!!
Love the idea, still needs some work
I love reading books electronically. Having unlimited material to read at your fingertips cannot be beat. My only reason for continuing to buy paperbacks periodically was for the first and last 10,000 feet of altitude on a flight but that is no longer an issue.
The syncing feature is not always up to task. I have been asked to jump to another page (preceding the one I'm on) and it is not impossible to accidentally agree. Other times it just doesn't process my reading on another device and I have to stumble my way through. I've lost my page this way and other ways and I don't see a "furthest read page" option.
Of late, the purchases I have made at the Barnes and Noble website sometimes experience a frustrating delay. I purchased a book 11 hours ago and despite a phone restart and multiple "update" swipes in the app do not see it.
Aside from that and the fact that's Barnes and Noble discounts and sales never seem to apply to their nooks, I am a happy customer. When comparing to other sites, the prices are typically the same or not cheaper with Barnes and Noble.
I also haven't gotten the in app bookstore to work. There doesn't appear to be a place to put in your payment information and I didn't see an enable option on my phone or through the website.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Books
- Updated: Nov 21, 2016
- Version: 4.7.0
- Size: 76.6 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: Barnes&Noble
- Copyright © 2010-2016 barnesandnoble.com llc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.