Barnyard Dance - Boynton
By Loud Crow Interactive Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
** iPhone App of the Week
Stomp your feet! Clap your hands! Everybody ready for a BARNYARD DANCE! Loud Crow Interactive and Boynton Moo Media proudly present a terrifically interactive musical version of Sandra Boynton’s much-adored board book. Cows and ducks and little kids rejoice!
In Barnyard Dance! irrepressible farm animals join in a rollicking square dance. With this wonderful app, little listeners can move the violin bow to play the cow’s fiddle. Now—with a touch or a tap or a pull—you can help the farm animals bounce, twirl, strut, spin, hop, leap, turn and, of course, promenade.
Beloved bluegrass musician John Stey narrates in the traditional cadence of a square dance caller, backed by a lively country band playing Michael Ford’s “Barnyard Square Dance.” This digital book is a catchy and fun romp for little ones and their parents, written with irresistible rhyme and rhythm, and illustrated—and now animated—by the author with those quirky and exuberant Boynton characters.
With nearly four million copies in print, Barnyard Dance! is listed among Publishers Weekly’s Bestselling Children Books of All Time.
• The fourth collaboration of the award-winning bestselling team of Boynton Moo Media and Loud Crow Interactive
• A zesty and surprising interactive book app version of Sandra Boynton’s beloved and bestselling board book (nearly four million copies in print!)
• Touch, tap, and pull the farm animals to help them join in the lively square dance
• Boynton has redrawn and recolored the original Barnyard Dance illustrations, and created new animations as well.
• Includes an original instrumental soundtrack, "Barnyard Square Dance", a wonderful country tune by Michael Ford
• Realistic page turning interactions just like the original board book
• "The Big Guy Reads It" with word highlighting to help improve reading skills. Or “I want to read it myself” and hear individual words pronounced with the tap of a finger
• What’s next from the amazing team of Boynton Moo Media and Loud Crow Interactive? Hint: “But not the armadillo.”
What's New in Version 1.3
- Minor bug fixes & performance improvements
A Hoot and a Moo and a Cockle doodle Doo!
This is my grandson's favorite bedtime story, in part, because we all join in the reading of the traditional board book version and do the dance and mimic the animals. I couldn't imagine how you could improve on our version - but this is totally Fantastic!
I have never seen an interactive book that meshed the music so well with the reading of the book. The song was amazing and the timing truly artfully done. It took us awhile to find all the interactive parts - we were too busy doing it our own way. What a delight! Your animal actions are beautifully thought out.
I know this will be a long time family favorite. You have enriched American bedtime culture! Thank you!
Makes Car Rides Easier
I got a new iPhone and this is the first app I downloaded, even before I set up my email and voice mail. We have the book in two board book sizes as well as the plastic one for bath time...we can't be without the book! So, this app is a life saver when you're driving and the kid is screaming in the backseat. Pull over and hand them the iPhone! You'll literally have the world's smallest violin playing in your back seat. It's amazing, sometimes I find myself playing it when I get handed my phone back.
Fun for children 1-99! I have fun playing this to my grandchildren ages 1and 11. The animation is great and easy for little hands to figure out how to make things happen. Brings a smile every time.
- Category: Books
- Updated: Sep 17, 2013
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 23.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Loud Crow Interactive Inc.
- © 2011 Loud Crow Interactive Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.