This app uses the barometric pressure sensor found in the iPhone 6, 6s, 7, 8, X (including Plus models) and iPad Air 2, Mini 4 as well as iPad Pro (all sizes) and the newest iPad.
The newest Apple Watch model 3 is now supported as well.
You need one of these devices in order to use this app!
It is not compatible with iPhone SE and older iPhone and iPad devices without this sensor!
This App features a Barometer for weather, an Altimeter for outdoor activities, a barometric Trend and a Notification Center Widget.
Even without the optional In-App-Purchase this is a fully functional Barometer with absolutely no draw-backs and all important features accessible. Always without ads! (See "Pro Features" at the end)
Keep an eye on the barometric pressure and be your own weather forecast! This little app uses only GPS (optional) and the new barometric pressure sensor to calculate the barometric pressure used in weather forecasts. The new iPhones have a barometric pressure sensor built in so this app works completely without internet. The handy marker helps you keep track of changes in the barometric pressure and let's you predict weather changes! Please realize, that a single barometric pressure reading is not enough to tell the current weather situation but the barometric pressure and its change over time is a very good indicator for weather changes!
Now you can also see the trend in barometric pressure with graph charts displaying the measurements taken during the last 30 days! (6h, 12h, 24h, 3d, 7d, 14d, 30d)
The Altimeter helps you track your altitude changes based on the change of pressure. Just set your reference pressure and altitude in order to use the Altimeter for checking how high up the mountain you have climbed (works for other activities too). The App does not use GPS for the Altimeter.
Please Note that on older devices such as the 4S, 5, 5S and 5C as well as on any iPod Touch and iPad Models older than iPad Air 2 or iPad Mini 4 as well as the Apple Watch 1 and 2, this app will not be able to read barometric pressure values and not display any useful information.
All basic features, the Barometer, the Altimeter, the Trend and the Widget are completely free to use for everyone and are fully functional at maximum accuracy available. No ads!
The only features with restricted access via In-App-Purchase are listed at the end under "Pro Features". Those are nice to have features for power users or those that want to show their support for the App!
Features (free for everyone)
- Barometer for weather
- Altimeter for outdoor activities
- Today-View Widget (Barometer)
- Watch App
- Up to 30d trend visualised with graphs
- Interactive timeline on the trend graphs
- No internet connection required since the sensor is built into the new iPhones and iPads
- Supports 6 different pressure units
- Support for 2 different altitude units
- Analog Barometer with support for all 6 units
- Configurable "displayed accuracy" / number of decimals
- Supports setting a custom marker so you can track changes in barometric pressure
- Manual altitude setting or automatic altitude updates based on GPS for the Barometer.
- GPS Correction. In case your GPS seems to always be 'off' a little you can now fix this easily.
- Portrait and Landscape support
Pro Features (In-App Purchase required)
- Change the Barometer Face
- Fishing Barometer
- Two scales on the Barometer
- Data export in CSV Format
- Introducing Apple Watch 3 support in the free version! Apple Watch 3 has a barometric air pressure sensor built in! This update introduces a stand alone watch app that shows station pressure, station altitude and sea level pressure. It includes a marker and all units known from the iOS application! At this time without historical data and as a digital display
- Temperature setting for the Altimeter. By adjusting the average outside temperature, the altitude formula can be more exact
- Small bugfixes
Ratings and Reviews
Need help !
So far this APP works great, has never crashed, and give me what I THINK I need. I say, "what I think", because I am a novice. I really don't understand "Station Pressure/Altitude", nor how to set it and why. I know that this is just my ignorance, but it sure would be nice to get some help/essay explanation, etc. so that not only could I set it properly, but more importantly understand what I am looking at! Call me ignorant ... thats ok ... I am! 😆. But, the way you get more, NEW users of an APP, is to help those of us that have an interest in understanding pressure and altitude ... what their interrelationship is and how to get accurate readings !
All I know right now, is that my joints start hurting when the pressure drops! It's "accurate" for me to take one more ibuprofen when that is about to (or even already) has dropped. Please help educate me to set this properly for my statistic elevation here in Rio Rancho, NM (5282')
Idea: make pressure reading a complication feature for Watch
Love the app. Curious if there are plans to make the current pressure reading with a trend arrow as a complication displayable on the watch face.
I rarely go into the app on my watch because I’d rather use the app on the phone. I would love everytime I raise my wrist to see the time I also can see the current pressure reading (minimum ASAP) and even a trend arrow (dream function). This would make the watch essentially on par with a suunto or garmin in terms of weather forecasting in the field for me at least.
Now if a trend map does become possible down the road for the watch, I’d go pro and pay some money!
Best Barometer App
I’ve tries all the other barometric apps. This one is easily the best and best-featured. The Trend graph is excellent and extremely useful, as is the ability to export data to a CSV file. The tech support is impressive and responsive.
The 30-day Trend data can be imported into Numbers or some other spreadsheet for more analysis or graphing. Being able to finely control the marker is great, and having it show on the Trend graph, too.
I’ve been doing a study on Meniere’s Syndrome and how air pressure affects symptoms. This App has been extremely useful in collecting, graphing, corroborating data, and understanding when and why the symptoms appear.
- Steffen Bauereiss
- 44.7 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, German
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2014 Steffen Bauereiss
- In-App Purchases
- Barometer Pro Features $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.