BarRemote (for Spotify)
By CodexBit Software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Control Spotify on every Mac in your network from another Mac or from your iPhone.
The app connects to the BarRemote for Mac application available in the Mac AppStore. BarRemote for your Mac is a paid app, currently priced at $2.99.
PLEASE NOTE: This app requires the companion Mac app available in the Mac App Store.
Just open the BarRemote Mac app on the Mac you want to control. The iPhone app will discover all the Macs in your network that are running the BarRemote app, and allow you to control any of them.
Discovery of machines is automatic, and you don't have worry about IP addresses or port numbers. The apps will find themselves and connect automatically.
You can seek in the current playing track, shuffle, repeat and navigate the current playlist, control volume, and search the Spotify library to play albums and tracks.
More details at: http://codexbit.com/
TIPS FOR REMOTE CONTROL:
1. No more radio. In the office, have one machine that is playing Spotify. Using remote control, anyone can skip the annoying track, or turn down the volume if a call comes in.
2. For the curious. If everyone in the office is using headphones you can all peak at what each other is listening to. You obviosuly don't want everyone to be able to change your tracks. So just turn off the option that allows remote control of your machine. Now they can only see what you're playing.
Won't help you with those tracks you secretely enjoy and don't want anyone else to know though.
3. Move around. With your iPhone always around, control is always around.
What's New in Version 2.1
Bug fixes for iOS 8.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Nov 01, 2014
- Version: 2.1
- Size: 4.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: CodexBit Software Srl-D
- © CodexBit Software Srl-D
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.