Running your business on email, texts, and meetings? It’s time to switch to Basecamp 3 instead. Trusted by hundreds of thousands of businesses worldwide, Basecamp is the saner, organized way to manage projects and communicate within your company.
Inside every Basecamp project you’ll find six core tools that will transform your business for the better:
1. To-dos for tracking work.
2. A Message Board for posting announcements and updates.
3. A Campfire chat room for quick casual chats with the team.
4. A Schedule for posting deadlines and milestones,
5. Docs & Files for organizing all the assets and notes everyone needs to do their work.
6. Automatic Check-ins to get insights from the team on a regular basis.
Instead of using MESSY EMAIL CHAINS...
...you’ll use message boards to keep the conversation organized, centralized, and on the record.
Instead of CONSTANTLY REMINDING PEOPLE WHAT TO DO...
...Basecamp’s to-do’s keep everything on track. If anything’s late or requires follow up, Basecamp lets you know and holds everyone accountable.
Instead of MEETINGS THAT WASTE TIME AND MONEY...
...Basecamp’s Automatic checkins prompt people to write up what they’ve worked on every day, every week, once a month — it’s up to you.
Instead of WONDERING WHAT'S GOING ON...
...you’ll use Basecamp’s reports to get the big picture on what’s going on. Across projects, you can see what’s overdue, who’s working on what, what worked was completed on a given day, and much more.
“Simply put, we get more work done, quicker, and better. Productivity is up. Errors are down. Clients are happier.”
-Patrick Sheffield, Moore Communications Group
“I no longer have to wonder whether I've asked for something to be done or whether it has in fact been done. Every member of my team is more accountable than we were before Basecamp.”
-John Drover, Roebothan McKay Marshall
“For the first time in a long time our team is truly collaborating, and everyone is moving in the same direction, with the same goals. It's truly remarkable how quickly things have changed in just a week.”
-Ryan Sullivan, WP Site Care
Note: This app works with Basecamp 3 (the newest major version released October 2015). Basecamp 2 (released March 2012) and Basecamp Classic (released February 2004) accounts require the Basecamp 2 app. Tap “View More by This Developer” to get it.
- Improved split view for iPad
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Feels like it was built for both my company and my brain.
I've been encouraged to implement all sorts of project management or communication tools in years past. With almost all of them, it felt like another burdensome step when we already had so much to do. Also, there tends to be this fake ability to show progress… "I've moved from 40% to 60% complete on that task!" And all you've done is change a number in a program.
This is different. It's so simple and quick to use and powerful, so that everyone joins in and starts adopting it right away. Successes come easily and that encourages people to use it more. Everyone is communicating and all those communications are now stored and available so no information gets lost. It delivers results right away it is changing my project management life! Totally worth it.
Developer Response ,
Happy to hear Basecamp has had such a positive impact on your project management life, that's our goal!
Wonderful Small Business management tool
I use this for a student organization at my college, but I can tell that it would be an amazing tool for a small-midsize business looking to keep on top of everything. It helps organize, plan, and stay in the loop, AND their customer service is fantastic. Couple that with new additions that only improve the experience and never seem to complicate things, and I'm so glad I found Basecamp. Everyone in my organization loves it. I can't say whether it works for larger businesses, but for smaller groups it's perfect.
Developer Response ,
So glad you're enjoying Basecamp, we're always working to improve the experience of the product, especially for small and midsize groups like you!
Great, but a couple bugs
We've been using Basecamp for years and have been very happy with it. Our team has never had a problem with the app until recently.
1. Answering Automatic Check-ins on the app posts answers for the following day instead of for the current day. This is indicated by an "Update" button/link instead of a "Save" button/link. This happens with a few of our team members. Support hasn't been able to figure this out.
2. Notifications have started to become inconsistent. Badge notifications stopped appearing even though I had notifications in the app. I deleted the app and reinstalled thinking that would help (it did not). I ended up removing my device from notifications, deleted the app and reinstalled. This helped, but now I'm getting notifications I didn't get before (which is probably a setting. I'm still figuring this out).
Overall, great app. The two points above are the only gripes I've had with it.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.