Basic German For Dummies
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Want to speak German? Dummies can help!
Whether you want to take up German from scratch or brush up on your existing skills for work or travel, this practical app is for you! Fun flashcards highlight common words and phrases written in English and their translation in German with audio playback. A German-English and English-German mini-dictionary gives you flexible and easy word lookup. Quickly learn hundreds of common phrases you can use in almost any situation from greetings and directions to home and office. A thorough listing of language basics offer pronunciation, nouns and articles, pronouns, adjectives, verbs, prepositions, and basic language conventions. Special interactive features let you mark your favorite phrases and share with friends on e-mail or Facebook. This app will have you speaking German quickly and confidently.
1. Words/Phrases – Learn the most common words and phrases for whatever situation you encounter. Words and Phrases are categorized for easy look up – Greetings, Small Talk, Expressions, Numbers, Time, Calendar, Directions, Work, Appointments, Travel, Get Help, Restaurant, Hotel, Bank, Store, Office, School, Home, and Entertainment. You’ll find what you need with both phrases and words written in English and their translation in German with audio playback. Plus, there’s a featured Phrase of the Day to help further build your skills.
2. Dictionary – Commonly used words in both German to English and English to German formats.
3. Flashcards – Pick your category (same ones as in Words/Phrases) and you are off to a fun-filled way to practice your German. Includes the most widely used words and phrases written in English and their translation in German with audio playback.
4. Basics – jam packed with information on everything from numbers, dates, times, nouns, articles, pronouns, adjectives, verbs (infinitive, present, past, and future tenses), prepositions, conjunctions, as well as sentence construction and capitalization rules, you get the fundamentals you need for a solid German foundation.
5. Part of Tens – Loaded with more “extras” these listings feature fun ways and phrases to make you sound German, including common expressions, holidays, mistakes to avoid, and common expressions.
6. Favorites – With so many features in this App, we let you decide your favorites. Easily mark and store the words and phrases you want to review, use more, or need to know. Make updates to your favorites anytime by adding/deleting phrases and words.
7. Share – Impress family and friends by sending words and phrases from the app with friends using Facebook or email.
The Basic German For Dummies app is your on-the-go guide to making learning German easier.
NOTE: All the content and audio files are included in the app. No network connection is needed to view the content. Network connection is only needed for Facebook and email sharing options.
What's New in Version 1.1.0
This version fixes the issue where page scrolling would not work properly on some screens in the app when running on iOS 4.2.1
At first glance appears ideal, but is unfortunately lacking in many areas. Dictionary lacks a number of crucial words. You can look up English to German, or German to English, but you have to manually set it. If you forget and type in a German word while it's set on English to German, it won't find anything. Then when you switch it to German to English, it deletes the word you just typed in, requiring you to retype it. This is especially annoying considering there are free dictionaries out there which are more comprehensive and can switch automatically. Then there is the phrase book, which consists of alphabetical lists of phrases which unless you have memorized all the phrases there is no real good way to find if it has a phrase you need. You can search the phrases, but the search is practically worthless. A search for "eat" brought up things like "meat" or "Would you like a ticket?" Get it? Would you likE A Ticket? I tried using this on my trip but had more success with free phrasebook and dictionary apps. Apparently, this paid app truly is for dummies.
Basic German for dummies
I love this app it shows you basics and how to pronounce vowels constants and umlauts even the ess-ess ß
I have no problem with the audio and it's just basics this app is not going to make you fluent it is helping become familiar with pronunciation and reading, Also being able to put words in the right order that way you can learn to become fluent
I love this app you should get it!!!!!
Great beginners app!!!!!🇩🇪😍
I never learned a bit of German my entire life but my gf is a native speaker, she tried to teach me but she was bad at it haha. Listening to how the words are pronounced helps retain the words so much!!!! And what I've learned has impressed my gf so much!
Idk if I could hold a conversation with someone who only speaks German tho
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Mar 28, 2011
- Version: 1.1.0
- Size: 5.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Skava, Inc.
- Copyright © 2010 Skava, Inc. Copyright © 2010 Wiley Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.