Basic Italian For Dummies
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Want to speak Italian? Dummies can help!
Whether you want to take up Italian from scratch or brush up on your existing skills for work or travel, this practical app is for you! Fun flashcards highlight common words and phrases written in English and their translation in Italian with audio playback. An Italian-English and English-Italian mini-dictionary gives you flexible and easy word lookup. Special interactive features let you mark your favorite phrases and share with friends on e-mail or Facebook. This app will have you speaking Italian quickly and confidently.
1. Words/Phrases – Learn the most common words and phrases for whatever situation you encounter. Words and Phrases are categorized for easy look up – Greetings, Small Talk, Expressions, Numbers, Time, Calendar, Directions, Work, Appointments, Travel, Get Help, Restaurant, Hotel, Bank, Store, Office, School, At Home, and Entertainment. You’ll find what you need with both phrases and words written in English and their translation in Italian with audio playback. Plus, there’s a featured Phrase of the Day to help further build your skills.
2. Dictionary – Commonly used words in both Italian to English and English to Italian formats.
3. Flashcards – Pick your category (same ones as in Words/Phrases) and you are off to a fun-filled way to practice your Italian. Includes the most widely used words and phrases written in English and their translation in Italian with audio playback.
4. Basics – jam packed with information on everything from Nouns, pronouns, and articles, to the multitude of Verbs (infinitive, irregular, tenses, and negative), you get examples to help you get a good Italian foundation.
5. Part of Tens – Loaded with more “extras” these listings feature fun ways to put Italian to work for you. Ten common expressions, frequently mixed-up verbs, holidays, common mistakes, and phrases that make you sound Italian.
6. Favorites – With so many features in this App, we let you decide your favorites. Easily mark and store the words and phrases you want to review, use more, or need to know. Make updates to your favorites anytime by adding/deleting phrases and words.
7. Share – Impress family and friends by sending words and phrases from the app with friends using Facebook or email.
The Basic Italian For Dummies app is your on-the-go guide to making learning Italian easier.
NOTE: All the content and audio files are included in the app. No network connection is needed to view the content. Network connection is only needed for Facebook and email sharing options.
What's New in Version 1.1.0
This version fixes the issue where page scrolling would not work properly on some screens in the app when running on iOS 4.2.1
There's a lot of things one could buy for a dollar. Not magnificent things but quick and satisfying for that exact moment. But how many things could you buy for a dollar and it will last a life time? Not many. This app, is an exception. I have learned so much about the grammar of Italian in 3 days than I did using anything else. Learning a language is more than just saying and memorizing vocabulary, it's about sentence structure. You don't learn sentence structure by just repeating words and looking at pictures of apples and people. You learn it by writing. This app goes into lovely detail on grammar which is THE most important thing in learning any language. You dont want to sound like an idiot when attempting to gain the attention of someone or while cursing them out, cause frankly the joke's on you. If you get this app take it seriously. It wont give you the magic wand to start having full blown conversations the minute you download it. Study it. Take time out of your day and learn it well. Thank you for having read this very long review.
A very satisfied customer.
P.S. Anxiously waiting for Japanese and German.
My only complaint is that there isn't a way to study the flashcards easily. It would be nice if you could make personalized decks and be able to star words you're having trouble with.
Why no sound? Answered
I was really looking for help with pronunciation. Speaker icon does nothing. Layout of icons and caregories is very nice though.( 3 stars)
**pronunciation only runs through headphones not the speaker. Works fine thru headset.(4 stars)
***updated iPhone os and no it works fine- GREAT APP!!(5 stars)
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Mar 28, 2011
- Version: 1.1.0
- Size: 7.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Skava, Inc.
- Copyright © 2010 Skava, Inc. Copyright © 2010 Wiley Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.